Holiday Home in Lanjeth, St Austell, Cornwall - Peaceful Village Location 2 Miles From St. Austell And 14 Miles From Newquay On The North Coast
The cottage has been renovated to a high standard and is situated in the quite village of Lanjeth, which lies 2 miles from St. Austell town centre with easy access to the north coast and A30 which is approx 7 miles away. The original cottage, built with local granite and slate, was originally a miners home. It has been sympathetically extended several times to provide spacious holiday accomodation, whilst retaining the character of the original property. Ground floor comprises 2 large living rooms, kitchen, utility room with access to the back garden and a cloakroom. The first floor contains 4 bedrooms, en-suite and family bathroom.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"A delightful cottage - stylish and comfortable. We have loved staying here. It has been a good base for days out... Mevagissey, Charlestown, The Eden project, Padstow and the North coast too. We are so glad we chose to stay here"
"The cottage was lovely, just what we were looking for! We have had a brilliant time being here, we really liked the decor and the garden. We are very glad we chose to stay here"
"We have holidayed in Cornwall many times, this is the best we have stayed in, it is very comfortable and well equiped with a large garden, lots of extras too dvd's, board games beach toys etc. We will definitely be back!"
4.5 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
Superb family cottage
An excellent family accommodation, much bigger than it looks. We stayed as three grandparents, two parents and two grandchildren. There were two large lounges with games, books and dads. A large grassed area to the rear, gated. A supply of buckets and spades, body boards, windbreak etc for the beach. Room for up to 4 cars in front. All fittings seemed fairly new. Large kitchen with fridge/freezer, cooker etc. We had a small problem with drainage to the en-suite shower but that was about to be fixed. No shops in walking distance but a convenience store in the next village and only 2 miles from St Austell with a huge Asia and Tesco. Several beaches nearby, we liked Polkerris and Porthpean. Par beach wasn't too good though - no facilities, poor water quality and a view of the dockside factories!
All in all though an excellent Base for a family holiday!
We had a wonderful family holiday, 5 adults and 2 children and this house was perfect in every way. Plenty of room, well equipped kitchen and it was very well maintained to a high standard. The layout was as described but the family room at the back was bigger than the photos suggest and a nice surprise. Easy to get to beaches, shops etc, so can't fault it in any way. Would certainly go back again.
Great base to discover Cornwall
This was a great place to stay,a lot of the attractions are within easy reach. We had 4 adults and 3 children and the videos,games and garden toys for the children were well received and a nice touch. The cottage was very clean and large enough for all of us. Would not hesitate to recommend this cottage to friends and family.
This is a beautifully decorated, very well equipped cottage with lots of space which was ideal for our holiday with extended family. There is a lovely big garden with sunny or shaded spots to relax in and for children and animals to run around. The garden is enclosed though the walls are not high in places.
Well Equipped Holiday let
The standard of accommodation was 1st class, situated in a quiet location just outside St Austell. The let is well equipped, our grandson was delighted with the selection of toys and games available. Their is also a decent size garden area for children to play safely.
Perfect location very well stocked with home essentials. Very clean
Home appliances very good catered for everything from pic nic hampers to clothes pegs
Not enough cupboard space for food that you take/buy
Children's room mouldy and smelt damp and garden not very suitable for young kids as the lawn has steep slopes.
Activity and Interests
The beaches of Carlyon Bay, Caerheyes, Porthpean, Pentewen Sands, Readymoney cove, Goran Haven, Par Sands, Polkerris, are all within approximately 30 minutes drive. The famous Surf beaches on the North coast are between 30 minutes to an hour away.
Use of car is recommended although cottage is 200 yards from main bus route between St. Austell and Newquay.
St Austell has a main line train station with regular direct services to London (Paddington), Exeter, Bristol, Reading and Penzance.
Newquay airport is 13 miles away and runs direct services to London Gatwick, Manchester, Bristol, Cardiff, Glasgow, Leeds/Bradford, Newcastle, Isles of Scilly, Cork & Dublin. 24 hour taxi service is available and Avis, Hertz & Europcar are all present.
Trewoon as approx 1 mile away and contains village store, post office and pub.
St Austell, the nearest town, is 2 miles from the cottage. The town contains a good selection of shops, Cinema, Restaurants, and Railway Station with direct services to London (Paddington).
There is also a large Asda & Tesco just outside the town.
Truro, the county town of Cornwall is 16 miles to the south west with the maritime town of Falmouth a further 11 miles. Penzance & St Ives are both approx 45 miles away.
There is plenty to do in Cornwall. For plant and wildlife lovers there is the world famous Eden Project which is 15 minutes drive away and well worth a visit or the Lost Gardens of Heligan which are 20 minutes drive away.
Mevagissey is a pictresque traditional cornish fishing village and is 20 minutes drive away. Walk around the narrow streets and browse the shops and restaraunt menus, visit the towns museum at the end of the Quay or take the children crabbing in the local harbour. Costal boat trips also run from the harbour. On the way to Mevagissey you pass Pentewan in which you will find an excellent cycle hire shop which is ideal if you want to explore the scenic cycle paths around South Cornwall.
The harbour village of Charlestown was built between 1790 and 1810 for the export of copper and china clay and is a 10 minute drive away. This has a pabble beach, many rock pools and several excellent restaurants.
If you fancy surfing then you should visit Newquay - the "Surf Capital" of the UK or one of the other beaches on the north coast such as Perranporth or Watergate Bay (with Jamie Olivers Cornish restaurant). In Newquay, you can also visit the Zoo or leisure centre/swimming pool.
The National Trust has many properties in Cornwall including Tintagel Old Post Office, The Lizard, Lanhydrock House & Gardens, Boscastle, Levant Mine & Beam Engine and, of course, St Michael's Mount. English Heritage looks after the 2 castles, Pendennis & St Mewans, either side of the Fal estury.
Falmouth, further down the south coast, is home to the National Maritime Museum, the Ships & Castles leisure centre, several art galleries, lots of shops selling local goods and several gardens and beaches.
If you want to explore the islands of St Marys or Tresco on the Isles of Scilly, day trips by aeroplane or Boat leave Penzance, which is just over 1 hours drive away. Please note that tickets should be booked in advance.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
6 Nov 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
18 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
15 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
50% deposit payable on booking with the remaining balance due 4 weeks before start of reservation. A security deposit of £300.00 is required with the final balance and will be returned within 14 days of end of stay.
Changeover day on Saturdays. Outgoing guests to vacate the property by 10.00am and incoming guests will have access by 4pm.
If you need to cancel the booking then we will need this in writing as soon as possible. The following cancellation charges will apply:
Up to 8 weeks – no cancellation charge
4-8 weeks – 50% of rate refunded
2-4 weeks – 25% of rate refunded
Less than 2 weeks – no refund.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- horse riding
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with electric shower, wc, basin & shavers socket. Main bathroom has bath with shower over, wc & basin. Downstairs cloakroom has wc & basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) + Travel Cot Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, with a vaulted ceiling and exposed beams, has a double bed and en-suite with electric shower and wc. Bedroom 2 has twin single beds plus a pull out bed. Bedroom 3 has twin single beds. Bedroom 4 has 1 single bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Dogs are welcome but we would kindly ask that they are kept to the ground floor only and off the furniture.A charge of £35 per week per dog will be made. The rear garden is fully enclosed. Broadband Wireless internet access is available throughout the house. Any breakages will need to be paid for. The cottage is strictly non smoking. Outside: Large grassed rear garden with stone walls to 3 sides. 2 sets of double patio doors open, from the rear family room, onto a gravelled patio area and can be lit for evening use. Several sets of garden tables & chairs are located either on the patio or in the shed, which can be used by guests. There is also a windbreak, various buckets and spades, crabbing nets, and boogies boards stored in the shed which guests are welcome to use. Washing line is available on the lawn. Front garden is mainly grassed and slopes away from the house down to the road. Parking for at least 4 cars is available on the private driveway and turning area. There is a wooden seat immediately outside the front door which is lovely for watching the horses from the local riding school trot by, catching the sun or just relaxing and reading a book. Utility Room: Utility room contains sink unit, washing machine and condenser tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Property is cleaned on Saturdays. Clean bedlinen, bath towels and hand towels are included and will be provided on arrival. Guests will need to provide beach towels and travel cot bedding as required. Other: Large openplan Family Room, to the rear of the house, contains 2 sofas, 2 arm chairs, rocking chair, dining room table with a Digital TV and DVD player. 2 sets of patio doors, which give the room a light and airy feel, open onto patio in the back garden.