Barn in Caldbergh, Nr. Middleham in Coverdale, Yorkshire Dales - A Superbly Tranquil Location With No Through Traffic
A truly gorgeous detached barn which has been refurbished, successfully blending traditional character with fresh contemporary decor and furnishings, is set in a superbly tranquil location. The property benefits from stunning views of Coverdale from the conservatory and large gardens, which themselves are absolutely devine in the Spring and Summer. Located in the hamlet of Caldbergh, it is 3 miles from Middleham and its famous castle, , shops and great pubs, cafes and restaurants. Experience the early morning scenes of scores of racehorses galloping on Middleham Moors. East Witton, home to a renowned dining pub and Braithwaite Hall are both within 4 miles. Discover the surprises of the local famous folly "The Forbidden Corner" and explore adjacent Wensleydale with nearby Jervaux Abbey and the market town of Leyburn with its wide range of shops. Go to Aysgarth Falls and on to Hawes with the renowned Dales Folk Museum, Wensleydale Creamery and Ropemakers. In brief, just enjoy.
Top Traveller Review
A piece of quiet
About the Owner
I am an interior designer and have been in business for the last 30 years.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Many wonderful testimonials which are all in our visitors book for everyone to read. Fantastic accommodation with the most stunning views. We have many families returning every year.
4.5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
A piece of quiet
What an enchanting location! So tranquil with stunning views and a delightful garden. The house was very comfortable and homely and it was no hardship to spend a day there when the weather was inclement. The facilities were exactly as described and the house very clean and well organised. We would definitely use this house again.
A beautiful, homely cottage in a glorious setting
This is a wonderful property set in a fantastic location. It is within easy reach of stunning Swaledale and Wensleydale. The cottage is very well equipped and extremely comfortable with lovely views over the local countryside. It was a wonderful base for a family holiday with pets. Highly recommended
Relaxed holiday with children and dogs
The Barn is just perfect for a country holiday with children, grandchildren and dogs. It is well equipped, spacious and comfortable with a wood burner, but it's not overly smart so has a good lived in feel. Views are sublime and there are excellent walks in the Dales and local pubs. Highly recommended.
From the Owner
“My husband and I love the Yorkshire Dales and have spent many wonderful weekends walking. In 2003 we decided to purchase a property so that we could have a bolt hole in the Dales. We were looking for a small two bedroom cottage and were only curious to see the location of The Barn when we viewed the property, but it was love at first sight and we just had to have it! We try and visit as often as possible in between rentals and are constantly adding little touches. There are some wonderful places to visit and it is truly a location to suit the young and more senior citizens. If you enjoy eating out there are some fabulous restaurants.”
Activity and Interests
3 Miles to Middleham. 3 Miles to Carlton
Perfect location for cyclists, very close to the Tour de France route.
All amenities, banks, shops etc are available in either Middleham or Leyburn. Leyburn market day is Friday. A list of useful contacts ie. doctors, vets, hospitals etc are available in the welcome file left in the kitchen. Also, many leaflets of interesting places to visit, recommended restaurants and a visitors book of comments.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Nov 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
23 Dec 2016 - 5 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Booking direct with Mrs Ann Broschomb, 30% deposits required with booking. Payment to be made by either Bank transfer or cheque. Final payment to be made at least 9 weeks before, with the exception of last minute bookings (if available).
Changeover day is Friday, although we are flexible. Guests are asked to arrive any time after 3pm and depart by 10am. This allowing our housekeepers time to get the house ready for our new guests.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Unique benefits of the property The Barn is the last house in the village and therefore offers the most stunning views from every window. It is central to a number of footpaths which are accessible right from the front door.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Large en-suite bathroom to master bedroom with huge bath, basin bidet and WC. En-suite WC and basin to bedroom 2. Large newly refurbished shower room with walk in shower on Ground Floor next to bedroom 3.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom with dual aspect windows and fantastic views. Bedroom 2 on first floor, twin bedded (zip and link to make super king size bed). Bedroom 3 is on the ground floor with twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Wi Fi. Storage for Bikes General note: No smoking. Winter fuel surcharge of £35 is charged from September 21st 2014 to April 15th 2015. Outside: Fabulous well stocked garden and lawns with teak garden dining table, 6 chairs, cushions and umbrella supplied. At the bottom of the garden through a gate are very steep steps down to the Ghyll and Beck. Washing line at the bottom of the garden. Off-street parking for several cars. Utility Room: Large sink with drainer, Bosch washing machine, separate Bosch dryer. Coat rail and boot shelf. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen provided. Duvets included. No towels. Property is thoroughly cleaned after each letting, all bed linen changed. If there is a two week let then clean linen is provided for the second week. Other: The Conservatory affords stunning views of the gardens and beyond to Coverdale and Penhill.