Villa in Montinhos da Luz, Praia da Luz Area, Western Algarve - Residential Location, 20 Minutes Walk To The Beach
This three bedroom villa is perfect for a family holiday as well as for a group of friends looking for a relaxing break. The private pool area has two outdoor dining areas, one next to the fully equipped BBQ area. Upstairs there are three terraces, two with sea views. There is cable TV, a DVD player and an ipod docking station. The beaches at Praia da Luz and Burgau are within easy reach and many local restaurants are also within walking distance. This is a wonderful villa to spend a relaxing few weeks in, yet within easy reach of all of the attractions of the surrounding areas.
Top Traveller Review
I want to go back!
About the Owner
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
I want to go back!
Wow what a holiday! The Villa is stunning. It is really tastefully done and so well kitted out. The pool is just gorgeous and has some great seating areas for breakfasts, lunches and evening barbecues. The villa is located just a mile from the town and it's a nice stroll in. We went in late September and the weather was still warm enough to sunbathe and enjoy the pool. Although the water is 'fresh' it's just what you need for a cool down! We felt so at home and as we had our baby with us we weren't out every night so enjoyed relaxing in the villa, cooking great meals and watching dvd's. We didn't want to leave!
A beautiful villa
A beautifully presented villa with lots of space for familiies or groups of friends. The pool is the ideal place to relax with a drink and sunbath! With the shops nearby it's easy to self cater or eat out. We will definitely be back!
Another fantastic stay in Praia da Luz. The location of the villa is perfect with the beach and Burgau not far. The villa is beautiful inside with everything that you could want for a family holiday with young children.The space is airy, clean and the pool and BBQ area are an added bonus! The bedrooms are well equipped with fans for the night time and the kitchen has everything you could need. Outstanding.
Our week in Luz was very nice and relaxed. The house is beautiful and well equipped. Every room is like the photos and description. The garden and pool nice and relaxing. When we arrived, we joined the first groceries. Everything was clean and well groomed. We recommand this place! We like the bar nearby the beach of Burgau. Every afternoon there was a Happy Hour!
Activity and Interests
The beach at Praia da Luz is a very popular beach with families and is a 20 minute walk away. It has an array of beach bars and water sports facilities. Numerous other beaches are within a 15 minute drive, including Meia Praia, Porto da Mos and Praia Dona Ana in Lagos and Burgau and Salema in the opposite direction.
The nearest airport is Faro, and Praia da Luz is an easy hour's drive away using the A22 motorway. Car hire is recommended for your visit, however, it is possible to get a taxi from the Airport to Luz for approximately 70 euros.
Lagos is a short 10 minutes drive away and has a pretty pedestrianised town centre with cobbled streets and a variety of shops and restaurants, including the Lagos Fish Market.
The western tip of the Algarve, Cape St Vincent, is 30 minutes drive away and the pretty inland destinations of Monchique and Silves are also within easy reach. The Slide and Splash aquatic park is 35 minutes away near Lagoa.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A booking is secured by a 20% deposit at the time of booking, with the outstanding balance payable 8 weeks before arrival. We accept either Pounds or Euros.
Rentals are by the week, the changeover day is Saturday in the summer season. There is flexibility in the winter season and stays will be charged on a per day basis with a min stay of 5 nights. Entry is after 2pm on arrival and departure must be by 10am.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The upstairs bathroom has a cast iron bath with shower over, sink, wc and bidet. The downstairs bathroom has a shower, wc and sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. All bedrooms have ample wardrobe space and dressing tables. The cot would fit in any of the three rooms if needed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is suitable for both family holidays and for groups of friends wanting a relaxing break - we have as a family used it for both types of holidays for the past 25 years and all love it. Outside: The private pool is surrounded by a terrace with two outdoor eating areas, an outdoor shower and a fully equipped bbq area with electricity and a sink. The front garden has lemon, lime and orange trees that can all be freely sampled by guests in season. Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linens are included and are changed on a weekly basis. The maid cleans twice a week and between guest changes.