Villa in Karavados, Kefalonia, Ionian Islands, Greece - Peaceful Location Within Walking Distance To The Beach
3 bedroom Villa in Karavados with fabulous views across the sea to the Island of Zakynthos and the dramatic Mount Aenos as its backdrop. Located on the outskirts of the charming village of Karavados. This recently built villa is within just a few minutes drive to a superb selection of exquisite sandy beaches and traditional Greek Tavernas. Villa Shiranne has fully air-conditioned bedrooms with a private pool. The ground floor has a large living area with comfortable sofas, dining area, fully equipped modern kitchen and a downstairs WC/Shower room. The first floor comprises of the master bedroom (double bed, balcony with sea views and an en-suite with shower). A Family sized bathroom with bath, WC and Shower and two further double bedrooms, one with a double bed the other with twins beds.
Top Traveller Review
A peaceful and private holiday
About the Owner
We have been visiting Kefalonia regularly since 1995. Once we discovered Kefalonia nowhere else seemed to match it's appeal as it seemed to us to be the perfect holiday destination - quiet, peaceful, beautiful views, secluded bays, amazing walks, friendly people and plenty of sun.
1 holidaymaker review
From the Owner
“We literally stumbled across the small village of Karavados while exploring the Island by car. It was love at first sight . Building a house in Kefalonia had not been our original plan but since making the decision to allow our hearts to rule our heads we have not looked back. The house was completed in July 2010 and despite it being a rather stressful 15 months of build, furnishing the house, flying backwards and forwards it was so worth it. Seeing and experiencing the Island all year round is amazing.”
Activity and Interests
St Thomas beach is a 10 min walk away from the villa. It has a small sandy beach with shallow water which is perfect for small children. From here you can walk on to the much larger beach of Trapazaki where you can hire sunbeds. St Thomas's beach has two tavernas which serve traditional Greek food, wine, beer, soft drinks and snacks.
EasyJet, Thomson/TUI, Thomas Cook, BMI, Monarch, Olympic, Ryanair and Aegean and a few other airlines fly to Kefalonia from 1st April to end October direct from many UK airports daily. The airport at Kefalonia is a 20 min drive away. Car hire is advised but not essential. Car hire pick up and drop off available from the airport. We can also arrange car hire for you at the villa.
Villa Shiranne is on the outskirts of Karavados village and the mini-market/taverna is within a short walking distance. There are also a few other taverna's at St Thomas beach. The nearest town is Peratata, 3km away. Argostoli, the island's capital, is only 10-15 minutes drive and has a full range of shops, bars and tavernas. The castle of St George is a short drive away which has a few restaurants and fantastic views across Livathos and the coast.
There are many exquisite sandy beaches and traditional Greek Tavernas within a few minutes drive of the villa. It's a great base to explore the island's many attractions, such as the nearby St Georges (Agios Georgios) Castle, located 2-3 km away, the views from the top over the South West of the island and Argostoli bay are simply stunning. Seeing the castle lit up at night from the road is a spectacle to behold. The Drogarati Caves are situated about 5km south of Sami (picturesque harbour town on the East coast, perfect for lunch, dining right at the harbour’s edge). These stalagmatic caves are thought to be 150 million years old. The acoustics inside are so good they host concerts there, where there is room for an audience of 500 people. Melissani Lake, again situated just outside Sami, is an underground cave with a lake where you can be punted around in a rowing boat. When the sun is overhead around midday it hits the turquoise-blue waters, creating a magical illusion and suddenly filling the cave with blue light. Assos is a tiny village built on a small peninsula, dominated by the ruins of a 16th century Venetian castle. This castle is situated on the North-West coast, not too far from Myrtos beach, one of the most photographed beaches in the world. Fiskardo is a picturesque fishing village situated right at the far North of the island and is one of the few villages not to be destroyed in the earthquake of 1953 (ferries/boat trips to Ithaca/Lefkada sail from here). Sami and Agia Efimia are both picturesque port/fishing villages on the East coast. St Gerassimos Monastery is at the heart of the island and the interior of the church is decorated with breathtaking murals. Saint Gerasimos is the patron Saint of the island and his remains are kept in a small chapel in a silver and glass sarcophagus. The ferry to Zakynthos sails from Pessada, a port situated only a few km from the Villa. Ferries from Argostoli sail to Lixouri for exploring the island’s western peninsul
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non-returnable deposit of £300 for each week is required to secure a booking with the balance payable 8 weeks before arrival. A refundable security deposit of £300 is also payable with the balance, which is refundable on your return.
Flexible change-over days. Ready for arrivals at 15:00 with guests asked to vacate by 10:30.
A £300 deposit is required for each week of stay. The full balance is due eight weeks prior to arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Villa Shiranne is on the South of the Island. The house is situated just outside the Karavados village. The top floor of the house has amazing views across the countryside and the sea where you can see the Island of Zante. The garden wraps around the house, and the back is all laid to lawn (which is rare in Greek rental properties). The villa is very private and not overlooked. The village Mini -market is a 5 minute walk away and the local beach of St Thomas complete with 3 delightful Tavernas to choose from is a 10 minute walk. We have ensured the villa is fully equipped with everything you might want or need on your holiday, so rest assured the kitchen has everything you may need to actually cook in it (if you want to of course!)”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite to master bedroom, shower, fitted with vanity handbasin unit and toilet. Second first floor family bathroom contains a bath, shower enclosure, vanity handbasin unit and toilet. Downstairs bathroom, shower, vanity handbasin unit and toilet.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Master Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, With ensuit and private balcony
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with en-suite, double aspect, French windows to private terrace. Bedroom 2 with double bed, double aspect. Bedroom 3 with twin beds, double aspect. Windows / French doors throughout the villa are fitted with mosquito nets.
- Notes on accommodation: All Bedrooms have air-conditioning units with remote controls and all windows have built in mosquito nets. LCD Flat Screen TV, music system with MP3 connection and DVD Player in Sitting Room with good selection of DVDs. Limited Sky Satellite ( when working ) has been installed. All bedrooms have hair dryers. Children welcome - cot/highchair available on request but please note we do not have stair gates. It is requested that guests do not smoke inside the villa. The local beach of St Thomas has three tavernas and is in walking distance. Outside: Villa Shiranne has an enviable variety of outdoor space - different areas for different times of day with sun or in shade. The pool is 8 x 4m and has a simply stunning surrounding terrace. There are 6 sunbeds, 2 parasols. There is also a terrace that runs along the rear of the property, with access from the living and kitchen area. This has steps down to the paved terrace area complete with a large round table and chairs, and a BBQ. The two upstairs bedrooms have views across the countryside and onto the sea where you can see the beautiful Island of Zante. The master bedroom has its own private terrace with seating and coffee table - the ideal place to read in solitude! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included with midweek towel change and weekly linen change. Additional changes can be arranged if required. Other: Downstairs bathroom with WC, wash basin and shower.