Apartment in Chamonix, Haute-Savoie, French Alps - Central Chamonix, Luxury 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom Apartment With Wifi
Two bedroom two bathroom warm modern apartment just off the Place Balmat in the centre of the mountain town of Chamonix - ideal for a family or two couples. A real home from home with comfy furniture and beds and a fully equipped kitchen with a full size oven. This lovely apartment is less than a minutes walk away from all the superb restaurants, shops and bars in Chamonix and ski/board/boot hire. The free ski bus is a minutes walk away. From the balcony, you can admire the Aiguille du Midi, the Drus and the Mont Blanc massif. There is a private car parking space in the basement with direct access by lift, and also a "cave" with shelving and seating to store ski/board/climbing/biking equipment. The apartment is on the second floor of the building with lift access to the ground floor, car park and the basement storage.
Top Traveller Review
A house with a view
About the Owner
We are both avid skiers and walkers and just love being in the mountains. Chamonix is such a beautiful place to be in both winter and summer and we enjoy breathing the clear fresh air and eating fantastic French and Italian food while we are there. We both live and work in the UK and usually drive to Chamonix when we have our holidays there and it really is our home from home.
2 holidaymaker reviews
A house with a view
Excellently located, close to the centre of town, the railway stations and the cable car to Aiguille du Midi, the apartment was very comfortable and quite big enough for two couples. It was very warm and sunny during our week in Chamonix and we enjoyed happy hour each evening on the little balcony, which overlooked the swiftly flowing river and gave wonderful views of the snow-capped peaks above. There are supermarkets and bakeries very close by, as well as restaurants and cafes. During an electricity outage (we had two) the electric hob failed but this was replaced by a temporary hob the next day. The mountain scapes of the Aiguille du Midi and Montenvers are simply stunning! Highly recommended!
A Perfect Break
There were 4 adults and a 12 year old in our party but there was plenty of room in this apartment, with 2 main bedrooms and a good sized sofabed. We found everything clean and of a high standard. Especially useful were the 2 full sized bathrooms which were comparable with the same quality as found in a good quality U.K hotel. If you wanted to stay in and cook there is a fully equipped kitchen, on the other hand the town centre with many bars cafes and slightly pricey restaurants is about 2 mins from the front door. We used a hire car to travel round the area, even venturing into Italy for the day but there's plenty to see and do by simply walking. When the weather is good, the view of the mountains from the balcony is spectacular. Overall we really enjoyed our holiday and this lovely apartment played a major part in it. Thoroughly recommended.
From the Owner
“We talked alot about getting an apartment but didn't want to limit ourselves to a ski resort, so we decided to go for Chamonix because its a real mountain town, busy all year round and we've had great skiing there in the past. We love the area because of the fantastic skiing in the winter and gorgeous high altitude walking, climbing and mountain biking in the summer. Being so close to Italy and Switzerland is a definite bonus - having the Aosta Valley just through the Mont Blanc tunnel and Switzerland via Martigny is very exciting. Getting to Chamonix is really easy - an hour from Geneva airport on one of the many shuttle buses or by hire car, and its about 9-10 hours from Calais.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
As well as skiing and snowboarding, winter sports such as snowshoeing, cross country skiing, dog-sledding and ice skating are all popular and accessible in Chamonix. As Chamonix is a mountain town, the summer is just as busy as the winter offering a huge variety of activities including golf, rock climbing, paragliding, mountain biking, white water rafting, hiking, canyoning and mountaineering. There are two amazing thermal baths, one a short train ride away at St Gervais and one through the Mont Blanc tunnel at Pre St Didier.
Chamonix town has an excellent year-round sports complex with tennis and squash courts, swimming pools and a climbing wall.
Chamonix can also be used as a base to explore this vast area where Italy, Switzerland and France converge.
50 minutes drive from Geneva airport. If you're hiring a car its best to do this from the Swiss side as it includes the road tax. Driving time from the Channel Tunnel is approximately 8-9 hours. About 2 hours drive from Lyon. There are also reliable and efficient transfer minibuses to and from the airport at Euros 50 for the round trip, with a pick up and drop off point about 50m from the apartment - please contact us for details.
The apartment is in the centre of Chamonix, less than a minute from shops and restaurants. The Aiguille du Midi cable car station is about a 10 minute walk. Verbier is 1 hour away by car, and for more skiing, boarding and the thermal baths Courmeyeur is just the other side of the Mont Blanc Tunnel and easily accessible by car. The town of St Gervais Les Bains is a short train ride away, where you can relax at the thermal baths or catch the Tramway du Mont Blanc.
There are three supermarkets within walking distance and if you have a car, there are much larger supermarkets at Les Houches and further down the valley at Cluses and Passy. There is a fabulous selection of boulangeries and patisseries so there is no excuse not to have fresh bread and pain au chocolat for breakfast every morning! You can even get a take-away pizza from the nearest pizzeria. As Chamonix is a proper mountain town, you can buy excellent climbing and skiing gear and in the summer, hiring a mountain bike is really easy.
There are at least two hotels in Chamonix with spas and there are two restaurants with Michelin stars.
- Booking Notes:
The booking process can all be done by email and phone, with direct bank transfers for payment. 30% of the rental is taken at the time of booking, and the balance is payable 7 weeks before your arrival date. Payment in full at the time of booking is required if you are booking less than 7 weeks prior to arrival. We use a local agent who will meet you and a security deposit is paid to them on your arrival.
Normally Saturday to Saturday, but Sunday to Sunday is also possible depending on the season. For weekend rental and short breaks please contact us and we would be happy to let you have a price subject to availability.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Chamonix has the best range of skiing in a town/resort that we've ever experienced and you just can't fault all the summer activities too. The apartment is close to all the facilities in Chamonix and you can walk everywhere, but its also quiet if you just want to sit on the balcony and admire the views.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Contemporary design shower room with walk in shower, rain head plus conventional shower head, toilet, washbasin, and underfloor heating. Contemporary design bathroom with double ended bath and shower over, toilet, washbasin and underfloor heating.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom has super comfy king size bed, double wardrobe and two bedside cabinets. Second bedroom has full sized super comfy single beds, double wardrobe and two bedside cabinets. Each bedroom has a view up to the Brevent ski area.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: 32" TV, satellite news channels and French TV, WiFi, DVD player, iPod dock, radio and cables to connect your laptop to the TV. There is a large storage cupboard by the front door with a hanging rail and two large storage shelves above. There is a washer/dryer in a separate cupboard in the hallway, with generous storage space above. Cot and high chair can be provided by local agent on request at time of booking. Childcare can also be arranged at extra cost if you wish. The apartment is no smoking and pets are not allowed. Outside: Good sized balcony overlooking the River Arve with views of the Mont Blanc massif, Les Drus and the Aiguille du Midi. Utility Room: Washer/dryer, ironing board and iron in cupboard in hallway between the sitting room/kitchen and the bedrooms. The hallway also has a full length mirror and there are two large storage shelves above the washer/dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedlinen and towels are provided although if you intend to swim, you may want to bring an additional towel. The apartment will be clean when you arrive and cleaned when you leave. Mid-stay cleaning can be arranged if you wish. Other: Secure basement store with shelving for skis, boards, boots, mountain bikes, climbing and golf equipment and luggage. Store is close to the lift and car park. One secure private underground car parking space with maximum vehicle height of 2m.