2 Bedrooms • 2 bathrooms • Beautifully furnished • All prices inclusive (gas, heating, electricity, and final cleaning)
This lovely house has recently been completely restored using traditional materials and comprises a living room, modern kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a balcony with stunning views. The house lies on the edge of the medieval walls on the east side of Todi with wonderful views across the valley to the hills beyond. Three minutes walk from Piazza del Popolo, this location will allow you to have your morning coffee in the serenity of this extraordinary place. Todi is considered to be one of Umbria’s finest hill towns with a fascinating history dating back to well before Roman times. It is famous for its many and varied cultural activities that take place throughout year. You will love its elegant piazzas, palaces, churches and panoramic terraces and to view the scenes depicted in Renaissance paintings and frescoes. Todi is very well positioned as a base for touring many other Umbrian places of interest such as Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto and Spoleto. Todi is also a convenient base from which to visit Rome or Florence - both are only about an hour away by bus or by train.
About the Owner
We are a retired couple from Kent. In our previous lives, I was a travel agent and my husband was in education.
Italy has been our passion for sometime and we are now lucky enough to have the time to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
When not in Italy we like to head off on our Harley Davidson and explore new areas.
From the Owner
“After searching for properties in Tuscany and Le Marche, we arrived in Todi , walked into Piazza del Popolo and...... fell in love with the place We were looking for somewhere beautiful, historic, with some tourist attractions but also and importantly, still an Italian town. Todi fits the bill perfectly!”
Activity and Interests
The nearest airport is in Perugia which has regular flights from Stansted (London) in the UK. The highest availability of flights is into Rome. The travel time to Rome is only one and a half hours, Perugia is 30 minutes and Florence is a little over two hours.
Todi is easily accessible via road as it lies close to the E45. This leads to the main “Autostrada del Sole” that runs through the centre of Italy and connects Rome, Florence and Milan.
Distances: in historical centre of Roman and Medieval Todi, about 180m from main square Piazza del Popolo and all shops, banks, chemist’s, restaurants, 50m from nearest bus stop, from free car park for residents and about 400m from town car park, 5km from Todi train station and exit of the E45 highway that crosses Umbria, about 40km from major Umbrian towns like Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Spoleto and Gubbio, about 50km south of Perugia airport, 120km north of Rome and 200km from Rome airport.
Great restaurants (5 minutes). Shopping and Banks 500m. Train station 5km. Hospital 1km. Municipal swimming pool 1.5km.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
An extra charge of £105 per week is made for an additional one or two people.
Bookings commence on a Saturday (from 16.00). The house must be vacated by 11.00. The weekly prices include electricity, heating, linen, water, cooking gas, broadband/WiFi and final cleaning. For stays which are longer than a week, we arrange for our cleaner to clean the house and change the linen. We make an additional change of £40 for this service.
All bookings commence on a Saturday.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our property is not just a holiday rental but is also our family home. It is furnished with love and care and so we hope that you too will feel at home when you stay there. We have a large library of reading matter and local guide books together with DVDs and CDs We make available to all guests, prior to their arrival, a copy of our very comprehensive "House Book" which not only includes information about the facilities in the house but also information about local restaurants and attractions”
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- live theatre
- winery tours
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 85 m²
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Lower bathroom with shower, wc and handbasin (the washing machine in cupboard), underfloor heating. Upper bathroom with bath/shower (over), wc, bidet and handbasin, underfloor heating.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 double bedroom (double bed) and 1 double bedroom (2 single beds).
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: It is ideal for couples, older families, art-lovers, music lovers and all people who wish to relax and enjoy the slow Italian daily life. Sadly the property is not suitable for children or animals. Smoking is not permitted in the house Outside: The property has an outside terrace with wonderful views across to the mountains. Utility Room: An iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner are available in a store room under the stairs. Wood for the wood-burning stove is kept in an outside store. The washing machine (washer/dryer) is stored in the lower bathroom. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen provided - including towels for use at the local swimming pool. The property is cleaned prior to each letting. More frequent cleaning (e.g. for a longer let) can be provided at an additional cost. Other: Table and chairs are provided on the balcony.