Cottage in Alcover, Tarragona, Costa Dorada - Spain - Peaceful Location Inside The Idyllic Muntanyes De Prades Natural Park, At 20 Min From The Coast
Mas de Mastaca, also known as Mas Vilella, is a typical almond, olive and vineyard farm located on the Micanyó Valley between the villages of Alcover and l’Albiol. Due its location, at an altitude of 480 meters AMSL, offers wonderful and stunning views of the Muntanyes de Prades natural park. The house was build at ends of the XVIII age, and was used by the vineyard workers until the arrival of the filoxera plague which caused the dispersal of the families who lived in it. Nowadays has been fully restored keeping the style of the period. The cottage offers multiple possibilities and activities: hiking, riding, walking, playing on the soccer court, barbecue next to the swimming pool, cricket, animal observation… and at the same time everything surrounded by forest and nature. Mas de Mastaca is the perfect place for all the family, you can alternate between sport and relax all on the same space. Remember that you can also always drive to the beach, shopping areas or spend a day on interesting touristic visits.
Top Traveller Review
Delightful Villa with beutiful views
About the Owner
My name is Carlos, the visible part of this family business.
Always pleased to help our guests and answer any question they could have.
Our philosophy is to offer our guests a great stay with us and being an active part of your holidays since day one when you book your stay with us. We can guarantee that we will be at your disposal and if we can help you, we will be there for you. We don't apply the key to key philosophy ("hi, here are the keys" at your arrival and "bye and thank you" at your departure) as we know that your family holidays are important for you, so they are for us. We make a big effort trying to do things as we would like that were done for us, and we try to improve year by year.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Mas de Mastaca has been one the most wonderful places where we have been in our holidays. We usually travel in our summer season holydays with two other families all together and Mas de Mastaca offered us many activities to do all together like swimming on the river, or the day you took us to walk around to some of the most beautiful places from the natural park and eating tortilla (we will never forget the cove!), barbecue next to the swimming pool or playing at night billiard all of us. Relax and the great views have been with us during all the holidays and we alternate our days between the cottage and the activities offered all around the territory, like the beach or hiring the kayaks on the Siurana swamp. My son, Mark, has got great memories about these holydays, and that is one of the most important things for us. Definitely we will recommend Mas de Mastaca to others. Thank you so much! Sara B. (Netherlands).
1 holidaymaker review
Delightful Villa with beutiful views
This holiday and Villa was unlike others I have ever experienced. The attention given to us by the owner was second to none. He has employed a fine gentleman to help with any difficulty, maintenance or trip we want to go out on to help us. Bbq's are lit for us , the grounds are beautifully maintained , the pool is cleaned for us and even shopping was bought for us by the owner himself. The owner sat down with us to give us an idea as to what is available to do in the and around the villa and the neighboring towns of Alcover and Tarragona. Staff are also at hand to take us hiking or to the local water fall which is a 3/4 kilometer walk. Lunch and beverages were provided at a small cost to cover food. The water fall was the highlight of our trip. A nice walk down and then a very bumpy but fun ride up in the old classic jeep. The views were breathtaking once you have travelled 5 kilometres on a fairly bumpy road to get to the villa. But the owner will meet you in Alcover so that you know the way and don't get lost. The pool area was fab and refreshing. A lovely place to have a dip AND ENJOY THE VIEWS. There is a football pitch available to enjoy, not to mention pool and table football to keep the evenings fun and entertaining. The owner's vision was to make our stay as comfortable and hassle free as possible and that is exactly what we got. Help was always at hand. The ponts I would like to stress for improvement are: 1, More comfortable beds 2, More fans for the hot nights 3, More oven grills and baking trays for the oven 4, A bigger selection of games in the games room 5, more swimming pool toys. The only real problem I had was getting to the cottage. You need a good car and a car that you don't really care much about. The road to get to the villa is very bumpy and you will need to drive in first gear pretty much all the way up. I have a family with 3 children. They all had a fab time and I would nit hesitate to return to this fantastic villa. Thank you to all the staff for making our vacation such fun.
From the Owner
“I've spent with my brother all my life since we were children in the cottage during the weekends and holidays. It provide us the opportunity to interact with the nature, learn, and be part of the daily works of the cottage. Also we spent great times here with family and friends. The best thing about the cottage is the multiple options it has, regarding to how to spend your time here. Playing football, swimming, barbecuing, during nights playing pool, football table, ping pong, or just relaxing or going for a walk. Everyone can do what they like (without disturbing others!). As well, due its location, you can always drive down the cottage and reach the coast in a very short time. The possibilities all around the cottage in a 25 km circle are incredible.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The Mas de Mastaca cottage offers to the renters the posibility to perform different trips all arround the cottage or inside the Muntanyes de Prades Natural Park with a guide.
You will be well cared by our guide at all the time and during the trip you will enjoy a fantastic meal of typical and ecological products of the zone and the cottage and some fresh drinks. The difficulty and the trip times for each trip will be discused beforehand with the guide to perform the ideal trip for all the partners. Ask us for more information and prices during your booking to let us be ready for you at your arrival!
Following the coast from North to South, you will find a great number of beaches. Altafulla, Tarragona, La Pineda, Salou, Cambrils, Hospitalet de l'infant have wonderfull one's. Specially Tarragona (Platja Llarga) and Cambrils. On the beach you will find several points to rent watterbikes and pedalboats.
There are multiple other things to do as well, like a diving day in Tarragona, boat trips in catamaran departing from Cambrils or visit the fishing ports.
Ask us for any special request.
Car is essential to be able to arrive to the Cottage. Pay special attention to rent a high car model (height respect to the ground) to make your displacements more comfortables. Reus Airport: 22 Km Distance / 25 minutes driving time. Barcelona Airport: 80 Km Distance / 60 minutes driving time.
Barcelona City: 108 Km Distancekm / 1h 20 minutes driving time.
Reus (Town and Hospital) 14km / 19 min.
Tarragona (Les gavarres shopping area) 26km / 25 min.
Port Aventura and his Waterpark 22km / 24 min.
Aquopolis La Pineda 30 km/ 35 min.
Salou 25km / 27 min.
Cambrils 30km / 33 min.
Hospitalet de L'infant: 45Km / 40.
Amposta - Delta del Ebro: 92Km / 60 min.
Montblanc 16km / 20 min.
Poblet Monastery 26km / 30 min.
Montserrat Monastery: 110km / 1h 30 min.
Siurana Canoeing - Kayac 40 km / 35 min.
Reus Airport: Ryanair, Thompson, Jet2, Thomas Cook offer a lot of destinations from all around the UK and Ireland. You will also be able to rent a car for reasonable prices. Remember to rent one of the highest one’s for the road between Alcover and the Cottage. Reus: Shopping town. Also interesting because is the birth place of the architect Gaudi. You can visit the monuments following La Ruta del Modernisme. You will find Market on Mondays and Saturdays and the Carrefour hypermarket. There is a Hospital and 24h pharmacy. Tarragona: Shopping town and human patrimony. You can visit the roman ruins Tarragona Romana as well as his beautiful beaches and have dinner on the best restaurants at the marina. Valls: Place to eat the typical local gourmet specially Calçots between December to March on the great restaurants all around the town. You can discover the Castellers, human towers build by the different teams from all around Catalunya. Priorat: Siurana swamp. You can rent a kayac and enjoy a day on one of the most beautiful places. Montsant: walking and climbing place for excellence. Ruta del Vino (wine route). Ruta del Aceite (olive oil route). Delta del Ebro: Ideal place for leisure activities and the greatest gastronomy you can ever imagine. 320 sqkm that form the Nature reserve of the Ebro Delta constitutes one of the largest humid area of the Mediterranean Europe. Montserrat: Huge monastery, just incredible. Cambrils, Port aventura, Aquopolis: You can rent a boat and sail around the coast,spend a day in Port Aventura or Acuapolis, or just relax on the beach. As well, La costa Daurada has got an important gastronomic culture: The Mediterranean diet, the olive oil philosophy, the great wine quality of the priorat denomination. Tell us your activities preferences and we will try to find them or we will offer you our recommendations. If you need to book beforehand we will help you.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 28 Feb 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
1 Mar 2017 - 31 May 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
|Stay tax||£0 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the manager upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 16 years.|
If Trip services, Laundry Services, supermarket buying service or others are requested, will be payed directly during the stay. Ask us about all our activities!
No changeover day is forced, but Saturday is preferred. Normally arrivals are expected after 12 a.m. and departures no later than 10 a.m. This timetable is flexible, so if it's necessary and possible, arrival/departure time can be changed on demand if previously requested.
Notes on prices:
Minimum stay during high season (01/06 to 30/09) of 7 nights.
Special prices for stays longers than 1 week between 01/06 and 30/09.
Payments in EUR and GBP accepted.
Contact us for more information or special requests.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The Mas de Mastacca cottage id a wonderful place to spend your holidays. One of the greatest things that makes this cottage so special, as said before, is the multiple possibilites that offers. You can enjoy the wonderful and stunning views of the Muntanyes de Prades natural park while you are having dinner or barbecue, you can play football in our grass court, swim in the pool, or just go for a walk. there are many places to "get lost" inside the cottage!. We're really well located in the mountains, but at 7 km from alcover (a town that will cover all of your needs during your stay) and 23 from the coast. Temperature during nights is much nicer than on the coast due to the fresh afternoon breeze coming down from the mountains.”
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Table Football
- Game Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- duty free shops
- naturist beach
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 540 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Suite Room - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 (Inside the suite) fully equipped with a small window and wooden roof. Hot water at all times. Sink, tub, WC and shelves. Towels available. Bathroom 2 and 3 with shower, WC and sink. Full equipped. Towels available. Hot water at all times.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15
- Suite Room - 1 Large Double Bed, Single Bed, Child Bed and Cot available for this room.(2)
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, Cot available on this room (1)
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Large Double Bed, Single bed, Child bed and Cot available for this room (1)
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Large Double Bed, Single bed, Child bed and Cot available for this room (1)
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed, Single bed, Child bed and Cot available for this room (1).
- Bedroom 6 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Single bed, Child bed and Cot available for this room (1)
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms + Single beds, child beds or Cots) Notes on bedrooms: Suite with double bed and wardrobe. Private terrace. Bedrooms 2/3/4/6 , with double bed and wardrobe each. Single extra beds or cots available on request. All with exterior views to the valley and surroundings. Mosquito protection all windows.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Single beds and cots can be supplied for children/infant sleeping. Extra heating systems (gas/electrical) can be supplied if are required. As the house has been build with natural stone walls (80 cm thickness), they offer a fresh temperature during the summer (there is no air-conditioning as it is not necessary, the mountain breezes keep the temperatures down in the hotter months) and a great isolation during the cold season. For the fireplaces, renters have got total availability for free of the cottage wood, which has been previously prepared for barbecue and fireplace purposes. Due the amplitude of the different gardens all around the cottage, they are safe game zones for the children to play any kind of activity. As the cottage is 60 ha extension and this is a working farm it is important to stress that very young children need to be supervised at all times. Internet Pen-drive and Spanish phone supplied on demand. Outside: All around the house are gardens witch blend into the almond fields. There is a natural spring swimming pool, the size is 6mx3mx3m, with robot cleaning system and a 40m2 solarium. Area surrounding the pool is perfect for picnics or relax. (Barbacue, table, chairs, parasol and sun sunbeds provided). 300 m2 Soccer court is just in front of the house. Ideal for playing any king of sport, it's a safe place to stay and you can always keep one eye at you children. Around the house is installed an illumination system for night composed by focus and streetlights. A natural stone barbecue and oven full equipped with plug and sink have been built between the swimming pool and the rear house terrace where table, chairs and parasol are placed. There is a covered parking for two cars at disposal of the renters. Utility Room: Independent room with washing machine, iron, ironing board, washing basket, cube and hanger are supplied. Possibility for drying clothes outside/inside. High power vacuum cleaner and a variety of cleaning utensils and products also supplied. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels (house/pool) and bedding included as well as blankets/quilts for the cooler months.There is a supply of linen for a weekly change. The cottage will be cleaned before your arrival and should be left in a correct condition. Laundry service available Other: The Playroom is a 90m2 room with billiard table, futbolin, ping-pong, and a multi use game table. The room has got the best views from the valley, the gardens around the house, soccer court and pool. There is a huge sofa in front of the fireplace and a TV.