Villa in Castro Marim Golfe and Country Club, Eastern Algarve - Situated on a Top Class Golf Course
Tranquil and relaxing holidays are taken to a new level in this intoxicating slice of paradise. The villa is completed to exceptionally high standards throughout with decor that is soothing and very pleasing to the eye . Villa is equipped with a plasma screen with UK channels Sky Sports BT Sports 1 & 2 Golf Channel F1 and Tennis Free high speed internet access is also available. It is only 10 minutes from nearby Ayemonte in the Andaluca region and the local Portuguese towns of Castro Marim and Villa Real de San Antonio. The resort is a 45 minute drive from Faro airport and 90 minutes from Seville making this area of eastern Algarve very accessible. Castro Marim is a low density development. The villa is situated on a 27 hole golf course - a challenging track for both the seasoned golf enthusiast and beginners.
Top Traveller Review
Stunning Villa with beautiful views
About the Owner
Let me firstly introduce ourselves. We are Colm and Ger Menton from Dublin, Ireland. We purchased the property in 2005, and holiday here as frequently as we can .We would love to spend longer periods of time here, but due to work commitments it is not feasible just yet. The spacious villa, tranquil setting and private pool, coupled with such close proximity to the golf course, beaches and abundant superb restaurants, most definitely sold this gem to us.
We have three grown up children and although two are non golfers, they look forward with as much enthusiasm to holidaying here as we do ourselves.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Colm and Ger “Fantastic holiday, ticked all the boxes. We’ll most certainly return and recommend to all of our friends, even the non-golfers!” Rob & Lorraine Greenhalgh
Colm and Ger “The villa was breathtaking and exceeded expectations. The Castro Marim resort represents great value for money. We never expected that the Eastern Algarve is truly the place to be when visiting Portugal” Louise & Michael Heney
Thank you for the use of your villa We were very envious of the location which was peaceful yet accessible to many places Having spent the last 16 years holidaying in villas around Europe it is one of the most well proportioned and equipped and most certainly contributed to the enjoyment of the holiday
1 holidaymaker review
Stunning Villa with beautiful views
We have stayed in this villa on a number of occasions and we were never disappointed. The villas is beautiful, always spotlessly clean and has all the comforts of home. It is in a lovely location with panoramic views both to the front and back across the golf course down towards the sea. I would highly recommend this property to any of my friends and family. You are right on the golf course and can avail of all the amenities of the clubhouse including the restaurant and gym. There are lots of lovely, very reasonably prices restaurants in Castro Marim itself and also in nearly Villa Real. We have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this for a lovely, relaxing holidays.
From the Owner
“After a considerable number of years holidaying in various sun/golf resorts we both agreed that we would love to have a place to call our own and visit regularly. The Algarve was top of the list for us. We narrowed it to the eastern Algarve as this area is quite simply unique and in a class of its own. Located on a golf course and close to other quality courses for variety. The area has no high rise, is low density and contains only high quality villas and town houses. Spain is merely 10 minutes away. Faro airport 45 minutes and Seville is 90 minutes. The views, friendly people, wonderful restaurants and wide variety of activities, are just some of the highlights of the magnetism of this area.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The eastern Algarve offers incredible value for dining out. Prices are dramatically cheaper than its western counterpart Quinta do Lago. It offers similar variety and quality. One can dine out in style in the local village for 10 euro per person including wine. Similar good value can be found in other towns, such as Villa Real de San Antonio, Monte Gordo and Tavira to name but a few.
Castro Marim is just 10 minutes from vast stretches of white sandy beaches, which are clean unspoilt and renowned for their safety.
Praia Verde, the nearest, is 5kms. With several shops cafes and bars, O Pescador restaurant, serving wonderful fish is located here, and is a must for all fish lovers.
There is a choice of two airports. Faro which is 45 minutes and Seville which is 90minutes.
Both airports are very accessible, easy to negotiate and exit.
Trains run frequently from the local town Villa Real de San Antonio to Faro.
Car hire is recommended to experience what this idyllic part of the Algarve has to offer.
Spain is merely 10 minutes away. Faro airport 45 minutes and Seville is 90 minutes.
The very impressive club house has the nearest restaurant and bar, serving a variety of beautiful food. The bar area is both indoor and terrace with seating to admire the amazing views. There is a warm and welcoming atmosphere in the club. A gym and steam room are also available and a golf shop with up to the minute golf clothes. There is an ATM machine and 24 hour security. For the golfer who was not quite at ease with the last round of golf there are two driving ranges, putting green and practice area with green and bunker.
Castro Marim (5 mins) the nearest town has a picturesque historic castle, a well stocked supermarket, pharmacy, ATM and tourist information. Villa Real de San Antonio (10 mins) features a beautiful marina with ferries across to Spain. A larger town it has a wide variety of shops, selling traditional linens and pottery, restaurants, ATMs, numerous pharmacies and a large supermarket. Ayamonte in Spain (10 mins) has beautiful gift shops, and not for the faint hearted a bull ring. Tavira (20mins) has a large shopping centre and numerous restaurants. Forum Algarve shopping mall, located outside Faro, has everything for the avid shopper.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
30 Oct 2016 - 25 Mar 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We request a 25% booking deposit with the balance payable 8 weeks before arrival. Booking deposit is non-refundable on cancellation.
Saturday is the most popular changeover day but we will be as flexible as possible to suit your flight plans.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The spacious and luxurious villa with its private pool affords a very comfortable and stress free golfing/family holiday. It really is home from home. Rarely will you find a villa of this calibre within walking distance of the club house, first tee box, two driving ranges and putting green.”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Spacious Master bedroom en suite has power shower, Jacuzzi, double sink, ample cabinet storage and underfloor heating. Bedroom 2 - Shower/bath and underfloor heating. Bedroom 3 - Shower/bath and underfloor heating.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 En-Suite Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: spacious master bedroom with en suite bathroom & private terrace with table and chairs with views of golf course. Bedroom 2&3: downstairs with twins beds. All with air conditioning, ample wardrobe space with full length mirrors.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Completed to a very high standard with Air conditioning throughout. The entrance leads into a gracious hall with cloakroom. The kitchen is fully equipped with every gadget necessary and an ample supply of cutlery and ware. Adjacent to the kitchen is a secluded patio area, housing storage cabinets, washing machine and dryer. The living area is open plan and very spacious with Large LCD TV & DVD player and open fireplace. Sliding doors which retract fully into the wall lead onto the pool area. There are two bedrooms with en suite bathrooms on this level. On the upper level is the master bedroom with its own bathroom. All bathrooms have underfloor heating. Outside: Sliding patio doors lead down to the pool area. The pool measures 8m x 4m. Immediately outside these doors there is a mezzanine area with table and chairs with cushions, ideal for dining or enjoying a chilled glass of wine while enjoying the spectacular views. On the pool terrace there are sun loungers with cushions. There is also a BBQ sink and shower facility on the terrace. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, clothes drying rail and cabinet storage. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels including beach towels are provided and changed weekly. Other: Large 8m x 4m private pool and outdoor shower. BBQ, outdoor sink and private terrace.