Villa in Sao Lourenco, Vale do Lobo, Central Algarve - Peaceful Location, 10 Minutes Drive To The Beach
This is a detached villa in a secluded village, setting with panoramic views across the countryside and hills. Near Quinta da Calma, an holistic healing retreat centre. Only a short drive to restaurants, supermarkets, shops, sandy Beaches and golf courses.
About the Owner
Family owned villa for more than 20 years.
Guestbook comments from the manager
This is a lovely villa which offers privacy and peacefulness but yet is just a short distance from the main N125 east west highway.Only about 15 mins from Faro airport but absolutely no noise from or sight of planes in the sky. Everything was pretty much as advertised and the pictures show a true likeness (except there is now a flat screen TV in the lounge). All self catering utensils and equipment provided (perhaps could have done with a sharp knife) and the Wi Fi whilst not up to Fibre standard was more than adequate for the four of us internet junkies. The pool and patio are lovely with excellent views across the valley to the church. The church is well worth a visit just to see the architecture and the internal decor which is staggeringly detailed. Chruch bells do ring on the half hour and on the hour between 8 am and 9pm but we found them to be adding to our enjoyment rather than being a nuisance. Almancil is 5 minutes in the car and has at least 2 big supermarkets. Appolonia (like Waitrose) and Pingo doce (like Tesco/Sainsbury). There are also loads of Restaurants and Cafes but unless you are into serious walking they are all a short car journey away. Maria (the owner) was very quick to reply to emails and always happy to help. She was also very flexible with us on the check out day which was greatly appreciated. Although it can sleep 6 I would say 4 is a more comfortable maximum. If you do book this place I would definately google map the location as if you didn't have any idea where it was it could be tricky to find. Just look for the area around the Almancil by pass (from Faro) and as it is a distinctive shaped building it should be easy to find. Overall it wasn't the cheapest place we could have booked but for the peace and privacy it was IMO good value for money.
1 holidaymaker review
Not so peaceful
The villa once found ( poor directions if arriving in the dark) was very large and spacious with everything you need but is a little dated and needs some TLC and some money spent on it . It was very clean though and a cleaner came in mid week and changed towels and cleaned the villa.
It is secluded with some great views and the pool and surrounding area is lovely.
The negative side of this villa is the road noise and the church bells!
It is fairly close to the EN25 which is a very busy road, both day and night but the noise did fluctuate depending on the wind direction. Certain times it could not be heard at all whilst other times was very noisey.
The church bells ( electric) started at 8am and sounded on the hour and half hour up until 9pm. It not only sounded the hour but played tunes and although seemed quaint at first did become rather annoying as the week wore on!
Essential to have a car but very close to Almancil for shopping ( large supermarkets) and choice of restaurants.
Also well positioned for visiting this part of the Algarve .
Activity and Interests
10 minutes drive, only 3km away to coast and sandy beaches.
Faro airport only 15km away, 15 minutes driving.
Quinta shopping is only 10 minutes drive from the property with many places to eat, a supermarket, bank and many clothes shops. Vale do Lobo tennis centre is a 10 minute drive.
The nearest town is Almancil and is only 5 minutes drive away, where there are large supermarkets and many other shops.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
10 Sep 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
30% deposit on bookings confirmation, to secure the bookings and paid in full within 6 weeks of arrival date.
200euro security deposit paid on arrival (refundable).
A weeks runs from Saturday to Saturday.
Vacating by 10am and check in after 4pm.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 en-suite to bedroom 1 with bath, wc, bidet and sink. Bathroom 2 en-suite to bedroom 2 with shower, wc, bidet and sink.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with 2 single beds, air conditioning and sliding doors opening to the pool terrace. Bedroom 2 with 2 single beds, air conditioning and sliding doors opening to the pool terrace.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property is professionally managed. Airport transfers, golf booking, car hire, babysitting, food pack, baby cot and high chair can be arranged upon request. Outside: Large terrace with table and chairs, pool and sun beds. Portable barbecue. Pool 5m X 10m. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels changed middle of the week. Beach towels not supplied. Maid services once a week. Other: There is a washing machine and tumble drier on the garage for guests to use. Air-conditioning on bedrooms on request (supplement payable). Safe. Villa has now internet available. Please kindly note: Check in: 4pm Check out: 10am