Apartment in Eymet, Dordogne, Aquitaine, France - Ideal Base from which Explore this Historic & Picturesque Area - 2 mins to Lauzun, 6 mins to Eymet
Naudine is a renovated farm set in the rolling countryside of the Lot-et-Garonne, 5km from the Eymet in the neighbouring department of the Dordogne.The dominant characteristic is its rural position and the tranquility this affords. For this reason it may not be suitable for families with young children or those who prefer a more active holiday. We offer visitors the chance to get away from it all whilst at the same time providing an ideal base for exploring the many Bastide towns such as Eymet and other medieval villages close by. Bergerac, with its airport and historic old town is only half an hour away, whilst in the opposite direction you can head out towards Marmande, Agen and Bordeaux. Even a sea-side day trip to Arcachon is possible. This is fruit and wine growing country and the gastronomic delights are many, from foie gras to prunes, from Armagnac to succulent duck. The local wines are excellent and quite inexpensive. For the energetic there are activities.
Top Traveller Review
Amazing relaxing place to stay
About the Owner
Roger and I bought Naudine ten years ago and came to live here permanently in 2002 when we took early retirement from teaching.
We have lived and worked in Essex, Sheffield and West Sussex.
The property has been a dairy farm and also used to grow tobacco.A local farmer still produces cereal crops here.
It is the tobacco drying barn which has been converted to provide two apartments on the first floor and the disabled accommodation on the ground floor. This was designed and constructed specifically for my mother, who used a wheelchair and we therefore appreciate, from first hand experience, the needs of disabled guests and we provide accommodation which facilitates access and mobility in bright and comfortable surroundings.
We live on site and are always on hand if needed.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you Janet & Roger for everything. You have a wonderful house and we were made to feel very welcome.
Shaun & family, from York.
We were a group of six adults and two teenagers and so we rented all three apartments. We spent a happy week chilling out round the pool in the day and then wining and dining on the terrace at night. By taking the whole accomodation we always had our own facilities and "space" if needed and never felt on top of one another. We will certainly be back! The Durham Party, UK.
1 holidaymaker review
Amazing relaxing place to stay
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome. We had never done a holiday like this before but would now fully recommend it to any one. The place was equipped with everything you could want. The owners, Janet and Roger, were very friendly and full if advice on the local area. Our car broke down when we were out and about one day, Janet and Roger were fantastic and helped us out. The location is idyllic and perfect for relaxing, also central for site seeing. We had an amazing holiday even though the car broke down! And would defiantly go back.
From the Owner
“The area is not very different from Devon. Gently rolling hills, farmhouses and small villages all surrounded by arable land, pasture and woodland. Naudine is an oasis of tranquility in a crazy world and as such is a haven for wildlife of all varieties.”
Activity and Interests
Use of a car is essential.
Bergerac, with its airport and historic old town is only half an hour away, whilst in the opposite direction you can head out towards Marmande (half an hour), Agen (an hour) and Bordeaux an hour and a half approx.
The village of Lauzun dates from the 14th C and has a small but interesting chateau which is open to visitors for a few weeks each summer.
There is a lively centre providing a very good restaurant at the Lion d'Or, post office, a bar/cafe/which also serves as a newsagent, butcher, Petit Casino, baker, pharmacy, hairdresser, bank with cash machine, gift shop and tourist office. Plus a weekly market on Saturday morning.
For more serious shopping there is a Hyper Intermarché about 15 mins drive towards Miramont at St Pardoux-Isaac. Petrol station here too.
Or down to Eymet for a greater selection of bars, cafes and restaurants and shops. There is a big Thursday morning market all year round and a Tuesday night market during July and August. Petrol also available at the Carrefour Contact which is a small supermarket.
Between them, Lauzun and Eymet tourist offices will provide enough information and ideas to keep holidaymakers busy for weeks. There really is masses to see and do.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Verify the price for the period that you want and check the dates on the availability calendar. Then contact the owner.
Normally Saturday - Contact the owner for (rare) variations.
Apartments will be available from 16h00 on the day of arrival and should be vacated no later than 10h30 on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
A deposit of 20% will be required to secure your reservation.
The balance is payable 8 weeks before arrival.
A refundable security deposit of £200 (€250) will be payable on the day of arrival.
A reduced rate is available when booking more than one apartment. Please enquire.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- pets considered
- wheelchair accessible
- 150 m²
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Fully tiled with electric heating, Brm 1 has large, walk-in, floor-level shower and swivel-seat. WC is set higher than usual. Basin and vanity unit with high, swivel seat. Brm 2 equipped with floor-level walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin. NO BATHS.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Dbl bedroom, dbl sofa bed in salon & single bdrm Notes on bedrooms: Large, double bedroom (bed 1.60m x 2.00m) with 2 dressing areas and direct access to 2 en-suite bathrooms. Ample drawers and wardrobe space with plenty manoeuvring room. Double doors open onto large, covered terrace overlooking the pool.
- Notes on accommodation: For larger parties, additional accommodation is available in two independent apartments on the first floor. Owners Direct Ref: FR9510. Please ask for further details if required. Favourable rates may be arranged. The owners live on site and are always on hand. Outside: All areas immediately round the main house are accessible to wheelchair users via paved pathways or ramps. Exclusive car parking for the ground floor guests is provided by a covered carport which gives direct access into the entrance hall or utility room. There are lawned areas set with shrubs and trees and these can also be accessed using an electric scooter. The extensive, covered terrace provides ample room for relaxing and dining. There is a large table and chairs, a swing hammock and a barbecue. A ramp leads down from the terrace onto a path leading to the pool area. There are loungers and parasols for sun lovers or a covered decked area for those who prefer some shade. The pool, approx 11m x 6m with wide, shallow steps into the water, is shared with a maximum of 4 other guests and uses a salt purification system. The pool has a large level area of 1m depth which then gradually slopes to a deeper area of 1.80m. It is possible however to walk all round the pool on a sloping ledge. Utility Room: Direct and level access from undercover parking and entrance hall. Double sink. Washing machine. Tumble dryer. Ceiling mounted drying rack, storage cupboards. Spacious room - ideal for parking and charging wheelchair and electric scooter. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels, inc pool towels, and bed linen are provided. Towels may be exchanged mid-week & end of each week bed linen and towels for guests staying for longer than one week. A charge may be levied if the apartment is not left reasonably clean & tidy.