Priors Barn in Underhill, Maresfield, Nr. Uckfield, East Sussex, England - Converted And Equipped To Highest Standard With Log Burner, Chefs Kitchen And Tree Top Decking
Priors barn has been converted to the very highest standards. No expense has been spared with a fully equipped kitchen, oak breakfast bar, floors and doors, rich reds and golds, exposed black beams and the very latest entertainment facilities including 3 flat screen TVs, DVD, high end stereo systems with iPod and mp3 connectivity plus wireless broadband and payphone. To check availability please visit our website (see link below).
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Kip and Sue Ims own Priors Barn and are so happy that it's now finished and looks amazing. Everyone loves it and wants to return and that's exactly what we hoped would happen. We couldn't be happier with our beautiful holiday home and hope you'll enjoy it too.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Priors Barn was located in a peaceful location in a quiet lane in Maresfield. The barn was beautifully presented and equipped to a very high standard although some of the equipment was, perhaps, too high-end compared to what would normally be expected. This is of course reflected in the price and hopefully attracts clients who, like us, really appreciate the quality. The bed was very comfortable. All in all a very good experience. - SB England
WOW - what a place - Thanks Kip for giving us such a fantastic break. We'll never forget Priors Barn - We got engaged there. You've thought of everything. JG Manchester
Sitting relaxing with a glass of wine listening to the stream below us... That's Priors Barn. AM Wales
1 holidaymaker review
We stayed for three nights in autumn 2012. The house was lovely. Very well appointed, very private, and also extremely clean. High quality throughout. Would like to have stayed longer!
From the Owner
“Priors barn came on the market as an open fronted pig barn with planning for holiday accommodation. We've spent 2 years (an a small fortune) turning it into one of the most beautiful holiday homes in the South East of England equipped to the very highest standards. Situated opposite a small fishing lake with a stream running under the raised deck to the rear and on the edge of the Ashdown Forest but within a 3 minute walk to Marco Pierre Whites Restaurant/Pub. What more could you want.”
Activity and Interests
Brighton and Eastbourne about 15 miles away.
Gatwick airport approx 20 miles. Dover crossings approx 50 miles. Trains to London approx 5 miles away.
2 minutes walk to the village centre. Uckfield is a 5 minute drive. Crowborough about 15 minutes and Tunbridge Wells 20 Minutes. Brighton is approximately 30 minutes drive.
The village Pub/Restaurant is a 2 minute walk from Priors Barn. The village shop is a 3 minute walk. Tesco, Morrisons and Waitrose are a 10 to 15 minute drive. Uckfield (5 minute drive) has many shops, restaurants, pubs and take-aways. Tunbridge Wells, with 'The Pantiles' is a must with great shopping and restaurants and Brighton is just fantastic and only 30 minutes away. The bluebell railway is only 20 minutes away.
- Booking Notes:
A 50% deposit will be required with the booking by bank transfer or cheque and the balance 1 month before arrival. A security deposit may be required.
Usually Saturdays but we are flexible out of season.
Notes on prices:
Late bookings and short breaks - visit website or call Kip on 07747 843900
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Elegant and stylish furnishings. High quality kitchen appliances and a well equipped kitchen for the would be chef. High end Sky TV and Music systems including loads of DVD's and an iPod with loads of music on it, a Smart TV that connect to the internet and includes BBC iPlayer, Utube, facebook etc and a high speed wireless internet connection plus loads more. There's also TV's in the Bedroom and Bathroom. The Barn is close to the village but in a tiny hamlet for a peaceful get away from it all break and only a 5 minute walk from Marco Pierre Whites Restaurant, The Checkers. Don't forget the Party Deck to the rear with lighting and a portable stereo too.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Large double shower cubicle with power shower, en-suite but with access from the main living area. WC, hand basin, heated towel rail, large mirror with saver point, satellite TV.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/4 (1 Bedroom) plus sofa bed Notes on bedrooms: The bedroom has a double bed, dimmable lighting, wardrobe, chest of drawers, hair dryer, mirrors, flat screen satellite TV and safe.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Priors barn is beautifully decorated and finished for a really luxurious holiday. There is parking for 3 cars on the gated drive and to the rear is a large deck which stretches out over the stream. There is a BBQ, garden seating and a lovely brick patio to the front looking across to the lake for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Situated on the Ashdown forest priors barn is perfect for couples, walkers and families. Outside: To the front is gated parking for 3 cars with gardens laid to lawn and a small brick patio ideal for breakfast looking across to the lake. To the rear is a large deck area with a raised area over the stream. There is seating for 6 on the wooded bench/tables front and rear and metal table and chairs which can be set on the deck above the stream. There is a small table and 2 chairs in the utility shed which are perfect for using on the front patio. Front and rear lighting and power sockets so you can listen to music on the portable stereo provided. Utility Room: Sink, drying area, boot storage, Bosch washing machine, freezer, ice machine, BBQ, cleaning equipment. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedding and towels and robes are provided. The property is cleaned before new guests arrive.