Stone House in Kut, Vis Island, Croatia - Unspoilt Vis Island provides the perfect getaway. Lively atmosphere without any mass tourism.
Our luxury house on unspoilt Vis Island was converted to a very high standard in 2006. It is perfectly situated for a relaxing villa-style holiday. All the principal rooms are air conditioned & have ceiling fans for essential cooling during the hot summer. The upstairs balcony has a panoramic view of Vis bay & its super-yachts! And the ground floor kitchen opens out on to a secluded private courtyard for an evening glass of wine at sundown, to be followed by al fresco BBQ supper, or a 3 min stroll to one of four excellent restaurants overlooking the waterfront. Enjoy!
Top Traveller Review
Fantastic holiday home on stunning Vis Island
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
19/10/2014 at 7:43 PM
Hi Maggie, I want to let you know that you have a wonderful house. We just loved it :) and we also liked the island very much, in particular Kut. We also went to stay some days in Komiza, it was very nice there too.
Best regards from Karin
05/09/2014 at 4:33 PM
We really did love it – one of the loveliest houses I've ever stayed in and we found the whole island incredibly beautiful (especially the view over Vis harbour when the sun is going down). It was the perfect holiday – very restful so that we returned feeling completely recharged. Medo was also really welcoming and helpful.
Thanks again for lending us your lovely house.
1 holidaymaker review
Fantastic holiday home on stunning Vis Island
We had a wonderful week's holiday and loved both the house and Vis Island. Would definitely recommend and aim to come back one day. The house has been lovingly restored and feels like a real "home from home". Everything has been thought about to make for a really relaxing holiday and feel a bit special. The house is in a brilliant location - just round the corner from both local bakery, fruit market and convenience store, as well as the harbour and wonderful restaurants. It was also a nice walk into Vis town in the evenings. It was very hot when we were there but the house has both lovey breeze coming through as well as fans and air-conditioning. Only small thing for us is that the second double bed would feel quite small for two adults. The main double bed was very comfortable. We went with our teenage children and one slept on the sofa bed in the upstairs lounge which they were very happy with.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Guided walking holidays for groups of more than 4 people (April/May & September/October) fully inclusive - "Stunning Scenery, Delicious Food & Wine Sourced Locally and some Culture". Vis is criss-crossed with ancient paths & trails many of which have paving & parapets dating from Roman times. B&B accommodation is primarily provided in a comfortable stylish guest house or in a small chic boutique-style hotel, both located in the centre of Kut village. We offer a range of options:
· 3 star provides all inclusive dining (including quality local wine) at 6 of the island's best restaurants, wine tasting, short cultural/historical talks & tours;
· 1 star offers accommodation & guided walking only. See our website for link.
Our house is in the centre of Kut village with its own water frontage of about 200 metres which is one of the must-be spots for the yachties to tie up. At the far end there is a popular place from which to dive into the crystal clear water & a small pebbly beach. Being only 3 mins walk from our house we use this regularly to cool off. Grandovac beach is about 10/20 mins by bike/foot & is a lovely place to picnic with roped off swimming area & simple snack bar during the season.
Flights are to Split, from Gatwick, Heathrow, Manchester, Bristol, Southampton, many other European cities. Flight time ex UK is about 2 1/2 hrs & should cost < £100 per person return. Split airport to ferry terminal: Taxi, about £38 (< 5 persons), 45 mins. Bus, about £3 pp. Split ferry to Vis: Ferry, about £6 pp, 2 hrs 20 mins. Our agent will meet you & take you by taxi to Kut in less than 15 mins. This & return transfer is free. Total journey time UK should be about 7 1/2 hrs both ways.
Our house is in the centre of the pretty village of Kut & within:- 1 min of: ice cream parlour, 4 of the island's best restaurants & bars, ATM, the Riva (waterfront promenade) for a quick dip to cool off, village shop, small market, etc, and scuba diving pick up; and 10/20 mins (bike/walk) of: very pleasant beach with bar offering local snacks & drinks, open air cinema, theatre, museum, pizza & other restaurants, market offering the freshest of local produce, fish market, ferry port.
You do not come to unspoilt Vis for the amenities of mass tourism. The island was off-limits to foreigners until 1989. It was then gradually discovered by the yachties, who demand top quality restaurants. In the centre of Kut our house has all the essential shops & amenities within 3 mins walk. Along the 20 mins promenade to Luka (the ferry port) you will find: open air cinema, wine cellars, art galleries, Eta's exquisite hand made jewellery shop, night club, open air concert venue (classical, jazz & pop), 2 pizzerias, bars, Bruno's beautiful luxury hand made leather bag & accessory shop, plus fish & vegetable market (all sourced locally), other shops & market stalls, etc. By way of activities, there are: bicycle, scooter, car, or boat hire (either self-drive or taxi), scuba diving (expert or beginner), para-gliding (solo or tandem beginner), off-road tours by jeep, mountain biking, walking; as well as swimming, snorkeling, & spear fishing (octopus are plentiful) in the crystal waters around many of the more isolated coves, which are best visited by hired speed boat or water taxi.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
low season 2
1 Oct 2016 - 30 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Complete our booking form (providing full details of who is making the booking, other party members, beds required, etc) & pay deposit of 20% of rental to us in UK in order to secure the booking; 8 weeks prior to arrival date, remit 100% of rental to us. Note: the original 20% deposit will be retained by us as a Security Deposit against any significant damage during your stay. It will be returned to you within 14 days of your departure after inspection by our agent.
Notes on prices:
Prices are in British pounds per night for the whole house & includes all utilities & taxi transfers from Vis ferry port to the house on arrival & on final departure.
Our agent will meet you off the ferry/catamaran & show you round the house. He can also tell you about bicycle/car/boat hire, trips to the Blue Cave (which is a "must do"), etc.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- 2nd floor: shower unit with glass sliding doors, HTR, SP, WC, off open plan salon. 1st floor: bath/fixed stand-up shower & glass splash partition, heated towel rail, shaving point, WC, adjacent to bedroom 1 but with own door; Ground fl: WC/cloakroom.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4+2 (2 Bedrooms + Sofa-beds) Notes on bedrooms: First floor: Bedroom 1, double bed, ceiling fan, air con, balcony over looking quiet alley cul-de-sac, CD player/clock alarm; Bedroom 2, double bed, ceiling fan, air con. Second floor: 2 double sofa-beds in large spacious open plan Salon.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house provides very comfortable accommodation for 2 couples, plus 2 children aged 8+. Wireless broadband service accessible in the house is available 5 mins walk away. DVD TV & CD player is in the air-conditioned salon, & the kitchen has a CD player & sofa, opening on to a quiet secluded private courtyard for al fresco eating & drinking. Outside: We own a share of a pleasant courtyard which leads into a cul-de-sac alley providing access to our 3 neighbours' houses. One of these may be occupied as a holiday house; the owners of the other 2 are elderly & rarely seen. We invariably take out table chairs & BBQ there. It is a pleasant, private spot to enjoy the evening sun with a glass of wine & some supper! Utility Room: Ground floor, under stairs, storage space for cleaning equipment, etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen, towels (incl beach towels) are included. Property is cleaned before & after your stay. An additional maid service can be provided if asked for. However, all dishes, pans, cooker & oven must be left clean or there will be an additional charge. Other: Third floor: Gallery overlooking Salon, with retractable Velux balcony & drinks fridge, giving panoramic view of bay & the many super-yachts that are too big to tie up at the quayside & forced to moor in the bay!