House in Lorgues, Var, Provence-Alpes, France - Peaceful Location Within Walking Distance of Village with Restaurants and Famous Market
San Pietro is a 'home', available to rent only a few weeks a year. In beautiful surroundings, the house is approached by automatic entrance gates with video and a drive through olive trees and lavender. It is a house conceived for comfort and the maximum pleasure of living - with high quality interior decoration, modern bathrooms/shower rooms, kitchen facilities, and an interesting, colourful art collection. Externally, the gardens and pool give a totally exotic air, particularly when lit by night. San Pietro is within walking distance of the village of Lorgues, with all necessary facilities for shopping and medical services. It is 20 minutes from the autoroute - 1 hour from Nice airport to the East and Marseilles airport1 and a quarter hours to the West. Excellent shopping in Cannes (1 hour) and Aix en Provence (1 hour). St. Tropez is a major attraction of course, and is best approached by ferry from Sainte Maxime (40 minutes).
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"What a joy,beautiful house, Provence in your garden,everywhere one looks. Thank you for letting us share your house." Guests from Cheshire
"We have had a wonderful 3 weeks at 'San Pietro@ and the sun shone every day! Perfect! The shopping in Cannes was excellent! So much to see and so little time, a great reason for another visit! Thank you for everything, hope to see you next year." Guests from Jersey
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Within 5 minutes walk there is a floodlit Tennis club. The local area is of constant interest with the colourful market in Lorgues every Tuesday, where you can find all the specialities of Provence and more!
St Tropez and Cannes are within the hour and Monaco is one and a quarter hours drive, where the best known Formula one Grand Prix is hosted around the 3rd week in May. The Italian market towns of San Remo and Ventimiglia are just 90 minutes by car.
Nice Airport is one hour, Les Arcs (TGV) railway station 20 minutes. Marseilles airport is 1 and a quarter hours by car.
Lorgues within walking distance.
The Gorges de Verdon - the French equivalent to the Grand Canyon in America. It is one of the most dramatic beauty spots in the south of France. approached by the Lac St. Croix and the beautiful village of Moustiers Sainte Marie (known for its ceramics) and within reasonable driving distance, well within one hour. Shops and restaurant.
- Booking Notes:
50% on booking. Balance payable 8 weeks prior to holiday. Security deposit payable on arrival of 750 euros.
Change over day normally is from Saturday to Saturday. of course,there can be flexibility. There is a weekly change of linen and maid service of 2 hours twice a week included in the rental. Pool towels and towelling dressing gowns are also included.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- 5 bathrooms. Please see floor plan.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 bedrooms with double beds. 4 bedrooms which will make either double or twin single beds (ask for floor plan showing distribution of bedrooms and bathrooms. All bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Luxury house in residential country area of the Var. Outside: Terrace areas on 2 levels, an electric blind augments the partially covered terrace area. The gardens are typically exotic in Mediterranean style with Palms, Cypresses, Olives and all flowering herbs. The grassed stone walled terraces frame a spectacular walk-in circular drop-over heated pool with a waterfall. On an upper level a new Zen garden has been designed with a miniature water plan constantly flowing over the rocks into different levels. In this garden there is also a permanent BBQ area and seating for 12 beneath a pergola trailing with Jasmine and Wisteria. There is also a portable barbecue on the lower terrace. The garden furniture is of the highest quality with chaise- longues, mattresses and parasols. Utility Room: The machines (2 Miele washing machines and dryer) are housed in this room, where pool towels, table linen and all other kitchen accessories are kept. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All domestic towels, pool towels etc, are provided. 4 hours cleaning service per week is included in the rental. The owner's representative is five minutes distant from the property if there are any problems. Other: Study with broadband connection, fax and internal telephone system.