Manor House in Sonning Common ne, Nr. Henley, Oxfordshire, England, UK - Wonderful Location Near Henley-on-thames
Reddish Manor is nestled in a valley in the Chiltern Hills at the edge of the village of Sonning Common. Timber framed and oak panelled, it has four reception rooms, nine bedrooms and sleeps eighteen in comfort. It is the most beautiful quirky old English home full of wonderful antiques and collectibles. The owner is an interior designer. There is a heated outdoor swimming pool, large gardens of four acres and seating areas for relaxing: plenty of space for entertaining both indoors and out by the pool. Reddish Manor is conveniently located near both the M4 and M40. Only twelve minutes from Henley-On-Thames and Reading with its frequent rail connections to London (30 mins). Ideal for the Henley Royal Regatta, Henley Festival, Royal Ascot and Windsor Races. Pets are extremely welcome and can sleep inside. There are fine eateries on the door step and some wonderful walks in this part of the Chilterns, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty enveloped by the River Thames.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About The Owner
Sarah Webb is an interior designer and her husband Gary, now retired from the City, is an antiques expert and valuer. Sarah and Gary love entertaining and have raised their family at Reddish Manor. Together they have taken delight in bringing modern comforts to the Manor whilst retaining its original character. They look forward to welcoming you back into the Elizabethan times!
The Owner purchased this in 1993
Why The Owner chose South Oxfordshire
The irrestible charm of Reddish Manor. It is a really fun place.
What makes this unique
You can pretty much get everything you need in the village. It is only a short walk.
(3 traveller reviews)
What can I say, the house was absolutely perfect for my stag do. Both Gary and Sarah are fantastic hosts and could not have done enough for us. The house is stocked with ample cutlery, plates and every utensil you would need and more and Gary even told us to leave the washing up for him to do – a true gent! The pool area is fantastic and the rolling lawn to the front of the house was the perfect hang out for a BBQ and drinks whilst nursing a hangover. I could not recommend this house enough and would return when its time for another party.
What a fantastic weekend!!!
I have just returned from a fabulous weekend at Reddish Manor for my sister's hen do. I was looking for a venue that had the wow factor with local amenities, and would cater for a diverse group of 16 girls. Reddish Manor ticked every box for us - beautiful gardens and swimming pool, plenty of space and a stones throw away from the beautiful Henley. The house oozes character and the owners Sarah and Gary were fantastic.
I would highly recommend Reddish Manor to all age groups. We all had the most fantastic weekend and the other hens are now planning to re-book Reddish Manor for the future hen parties that they organise.
Hidden Gem !
I booked Reddish Manor for a Hen do and after booking the previous feedback appeared on the site. This made me quite anxious and if i hadn't already booked would have put me off booking. That would have been the biggest mistake as the property and owners offer the most warm and welcoming stay. The property in itself is out of this world, oozing charm and character and quirkiness. It is maintained to the highest standard and is very spacious.
We played music into the early hours and weren't disturbed and we found the owners to be very helpful and welcoming.
We all really enjoyed staying in this house and it most certainly contributed to making the weekend very special .
I have no hesitation in giving this property a 5/5 and i would highly recommend staying here.
As the pool is outside we didn't expect to be able to use it, but we were informed on booking that this was the case.
From the Owner
“The irrestible charm of Reddish Manor. It is a really fun place.”
Activity and Interests
The manor is very conveniently located for all main transport links.
For example: Heathrow Airport: 33 miles (53km) 1hr. Gatwick Airport: 60 miles (97 km) 1 hr 20 mins. Luton Airport: 60 miles (97km) 1 hr 15 mins.
Reading Station: 7 miles (11km) 15 mins. Waterloo Station: 47 miles (76km) 1 hr 25 mins. Kings Cross Station: 46 miles (75 km) 1 hr 22 mins.
Also ideally located for many tourist attractions. For example: Windsor 25 miles (40 km) and Oxford 24 miles (38km).
Henley-on-Thames 6 miles. Reading 7 miles. Oxford 24 miles. Windsor 25 miles. Goring-on-Thames 8 miles. Sonning 5 miles.
It is a short walk to the village of Sonning Common which has excellent facilities including a new supermarket, superb Indian restaurant with take-away, library, health centre, veterinary clinic, bank and petrol station.
Along the nearby River Thames are some fabulous restaurants including the world class French Horn at Sonning. In the surrounding Chiltern villages there are ancient pubs with delicious food including The Crooked Billet in Stoke Row with live music, The Greyhound in Peppard (Anthony Worral Thompson) and The Lamb at Satwell.
There are three local theatres: The Watermill in Sonning, The Kenton in Henley and The Hexagon in Reading. Cinemas in Henley and Reading. Extensive shopping in Reading with all major stores represented including John Lewis and Debenhams.
Local country houses include Greys Court, Basildon Park and Mapledurham Estate with its ancient mill. There are many craft fairs and open air concerts and festivals in the summer months - from Garsington Opera to the Reading Festival and Jazz Festival. Windsor Castle is 25 miles away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
26 Oct 2016 - 30 Apr 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
1 May 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
1 Oct 2017 - 31 Dec 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please call Sarah Webb on 07799 690 631. If calling from outside of the United Kingdom, phone + 44 7799 690 631. Full payment on booking required.
Any day - we are very flexible about arrival and departure times.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“You can pretty much get everything you need in the village. It is only a short walk.”
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Master bathroom with bath and wash basin. Second bathroom with bath and wash basin. Separate WC. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO SHOWER
- 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 16 (9 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: An oak staircase leads up to the first floor where there are ample bedrooms for a large family. There are 7 bedrooms on the first floor and 2 further bedrooms on the top floor. There is also a rear staircase and a ‘secret’ staircase.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Visiting Reddish Manor is like stepping back in time. However we have brought modern comforts: Wireless broadband Internet, electric security gates, plentiful parking, gas central heating, mains water, electricity and drainage. Outside: At the head of the driveway is a large parking area and a brick terrace leads around the front of the main house up to the front door. The main lawn lies immediately adjacent to the drawing room and is a rectangular croquet lawn with a low brick wall surrounding. On the next level down is a rose garden with a central pond and circular pathway surrounding. To the rear of the house is a further gravelled terrace which gives way to a beautifully laid out kitchen garden. There are apple trees and a mass of mature tree specimens. A gravelled pathway leads down to the swimming pool area which is also enclosed and totally private. The swimming pool is surrounded by a terrace and there is a changing area, a lean-to store as well as a large entertainment barn beside the pool. The entire pool area is ideally suited for outdoor entertaining on a large scale. Percy Cane, a contemporary of Gertrude Jekyll, was responsible for the design of the gardens in the 1920's. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are all provided. Other: The drawing room is the most impressive reception room in the house with a high vaulted ceiling and mass of exposed beams. It has an oak floor and a further large fireplace at its head as well as a red brick chimney breast leading up into the rafters.