Casa Rita - Village House in Montejaque, Nr. Ronda, Andalucia, Spain - Peaceful Location, Stunning 360° Mountain Views, All Day Sun (And Shade, If required!)
Casa Rita is a charming restored village house located in the original Moorish upper part of Montejaque, 20 minutes from Ronda in the Grazalema Natural Park. Officially registered with the authorities as a vivienda rural, Casa Rita has to meet strict standards of comfort and safety and is regularly inspected. Casa Rita has been imaginatively designed to get the best out of the surrounding area and the wonderful climate. The large roof terrace affords a 360° view of this most beautiful of the pueblos blancos of the Serranía de Ronda, as well as the emblematic mountains Hacho and Tavizna and the surrounding valley and olive and citrus groves. As a result of its position, Casa Rita is one of the few houses in the village that enjoys sunshine all day long, all year round. If the sun is too hot it has shady areas too. The municipal swimming pool is 20 minutes walk away or 5 minutes by car.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
I came to Montejaque on holiday and on the second day I bought an old house which I had renovated and christened Casa Rita. I loved holidaying here so much that I moved to the village permanently. When I re-married we moved to a different house in the area. This means that my lovely home is now available to rent to discerning people who will appreciate all that Montejaque, its people and the surrounding the area have to offer.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thanks for your warm welcome ... thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Were not wanting for anything in your well appointed home - G & P Bentley, London
We found your casa very nice and comfortable ... we enjoyed all the terraces. We’d love to come again - G & L Le Roux, Paris
Thank you for a wonderful stay in your house. Your policy of “mi casa, su casa” meant that we felt at home immediately in your lovely house. - D & A Spalding, Kirkcaldy, Scotland
We have had a lovely stay in Casa Rita. We enjoyed everything so much we extended our stay by 4 days - D & P Benson, J & L Petch, British Columbia, Canada
Thank you for availing your lovely home to us. We loved the location and tranquillity of the house. We especially loved the homely touches and the extra effort you put into making our stay as comfortable as possible - W & J Sankey, P & R Lahiff, Sydney, Australia
After our previous lovely stay we are looking forward to coming again next year - B & U Göhmann, Hamburg, Germany
1 holidaymaker review
We absolutely loved this beautiful villa and the stunning village of montejaque. The villa was fully equipped with everything you need and the owner Paul met us in the village despite our very late arrival, giving us a quick tour, arranging for a meal in one of the local bars and making sure we settled into the villa for our stay. A week wasn't long enough and we'd be more than happy to return for another, can't recommend highly enough.
From the Owner
“I moved to Montejaque because I fell in love with the scenery, the weather and the local people. The house I bought and had renovated is one of the best of the traditional houses in the village. I love it. The views from the roof terrace are unbeatable and the house has sun all year round. Life in the village is very calm and stress-free. I met a new man three years ago and after marrying we moved to a different house in the area. This means that we are able to rent Casa Rita to guests who will appreciate the same things as we do: a simple, stress-free life in beautiful surroundings with lovely people and fantastic weather for most of the year. Nearby Ronda, the main town in the area, offers stunning scenery and a fascinating history and culture, plus most amenities.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
If you are interested in any of the following activities, please contact us for more information:
painting or sketching
50 minutes by car to Costa del Sol beaches, eg Marbella, San Pedro, Estepona.
1.5 hours by car to the Costa de la Luz, eg Tarifa, Bolonia, Zahara de los Atunes.
Málaga, Seville and Jerez airports 120 km. 1.5 hours drive. Car hire recommended, unless you're coming to hike or birdwatch. There are good public transport links by bus or train and we can collect you free-of-charge from Ronda station or bus station. Airport transfers available (33% cheaper than a taxi). We also provide airport transfers on request (33% cheaper than a taxi).
Ronda 20 minutes. Grazalema 30 minutes. Cueva de la Pileta 10 minutes. Cueva del Gato 15 minutes. Sevilla 1.5 hours. Cordoba 2 hours. Granada 2.5 hours.
Plenty of local shops, two banks and a Post Office in the village. Good choice of bars and restaurants. Tourist Office, Speleological Museum, lots of signposted walking routes in the village. Full range of shops, supermarkets and other amenities in Ronda (20 minutes).
Why not get away from the cold and wet of Northern Europe for all or part of the winter? The climate is warmer and healthier with many sunshine days, and Andalucía offers a more relaxed lifestyle. The cost of living remains favourable, with lower utilities bills and cheaper fuel.
If you struggle through the northern winter with rheumatism, arthritis or respiratory problems, an extended stay could be just what the doctor ordered!
We are offering extended winter stays at attractive rates. For example, a month in January, February or March costs just 1,250€ (30% discount) including electricity, gas, water and logs.
Longer lets are discounted even more. Please request details.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add £6 per night, per additional guest|
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Contact the owner by email or phone. We speak English, Spanish, German and French.
Deposit of €100 per week required at time of booking. Balance 8 weeks before booking commences.
Payment in euros by transfer into our bank account.
We live locally so are on hand to welcome you on arrival, offer advice, solve any problems and to see you off at the end of your stay.
Further details available on website. Please cut and paste this URL into your browser: www.a1-holidays-spain.webs.com
Normally Saturday, but can be varied by arrangement.
Notes on prices:
Same price all year. Price based on up to 4 people. For each extra person (up to 6), add 50€ per week.
Daily rates (under 7 days): 65€. Please note minimum rental in high season is 1 week.
Discounts available for long lets. Please enquire.
Non-refundable deposit of 100€ per week or part week. Balance due 8 weeks before.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Casa Rita is simply stunning. Perched high in the village, the views are to die for. The large roof terrace offers 360o views and is one of the few houses in the village to enjoy sun all day long and all year round. With beamed ceilings throughout, Casa Rita has a traditional feel. As it was my home for four years it offers more comfort and style than most rental properties and a full inventory. With a great selection of local shops, bars and restaurants, a local pool, a gym, fantastic walking routes and near to Ronda, what else do you need? Casa Rita offers everything for a care-free holiday.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- There are two bathrooms and a third WC En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath/shower over, washbasin and wc. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with shower, washbasin, wc, washing machine. Separate third wc and handbasin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 with double bed and en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 3 with double bed, wash basin and adjacent WC.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: As this was my permanent residence for more than four years, it is set up more as a home than a holiday let. I think you will enjoy the benefits of this in lots of ways, eg books, CDs, DVDs, jigsaws and board games to enjoy free of charge, as well as a roaring log fire in the winter. The patios and terraces are fully equipped with tables, chairs, cushions and sun umbrellas. There is also a BBQ. Outside: There are four outside "rooms": In front of the house is a pleasant sitting area with a wooden bench, two chairs and a small table. The area is decorated with plants and flowers. Ideal for a morning coffee or that first drink of the day! On the ground floor there is a shady patio with two chairs, a table, an orange tree and other plants. Just right if the sun is too hot. On the first floor is a secluded terrace which we used for breakfast and lunch, as well as private sunbathing. On the roof is a large terrace with magnificent views all round. Ideal for a siesta, reading and sunbathing, as well as dining in the evenings. There is a large table with 8 chairs, a sun lounger, large sun umbrella and a BBQ. Utility Room: Washing machine in 2nd bathroom. Ironing board and iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are included in the price. Also beach/pool towels. The property is cleaned before and after lets. Extra cleaning by arrangement. Other: Four outdoor 'rooms' with chairs, tables and sun umbrellas. A pleasant seating area in front of the house. Internal shaded patio on ground floor. Secluded breakfast terrace on first floor. Large roof terrace with fabulous all-round views. Barbecue.