Le Bourdil Blanc (10 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20)
Comfortable 18th century manor house with Pigeonnier, recently restored to its former glory and is now a warm and friendly home comfortably set in its own private grounds extending to over 7 acres. Ten double bedrooms with 10 bathrooms. Main kitchen includes semi professional gas range; 2 electric ovens, 2 dishwashers, 2 large fridge/freezers, washing machine, dryer, wine store, microwave.
Second kitchen in the Wing of the Manor house has a gas and electric hob, electric oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine.
Kitchen in Pigeonnier has gas and electric hob, electric oven, fridge freezer, dishwasher.
This comfortable 18th century manor house just outside Bergerac has a large heated swimming pool, a private tennis court, riding stables, wifi, hifi, large screen TV with French and UK satellite. It is an ideal venue for both large house parties and family groups, even for weekends, who appreciate the calmness of the French countryside being in the heart of the Dordogne yet close to the lively town of Bergerac. Can sleep 20 people in 10 double bedrooms with 10 bathrooms in the manorhouse and pigeonnier; There are also another three double en suite bedrooms so the maximum on site is 26. If the manor house is rented without the pigeonnier it can sleep a maximum of 16 people in 8 double bedrooms with 9 bathrooms. The house is centrally heated so it can be rented throughout the year and it is only 10 minutes from Bergerac airport so easy access from the UK and Paris is assured.
Top Traveller Review
Fantastic, authentic French Manor House experience
About the Owner
Deposit 33% payable on reservation: Balance payable 2 months prior to arrival along with reimbersable security deposit of 1000 euros. The Manor house can be rented without the Pigeonnier (which is not rented separately if the Manor house is booked except during the winter season) the price is reduced by 800 - 950 euros per week, with a maximum capacity of 16 people.
Changeover day is Saturday. Guests to depart by 10am. Guest arrival 5pm.
(2 traveller reviews)
Fantastic, authentic French Manor House experience
Absolutely amazing, we (four families) stopped for a week, 8 children between 12 & 18. Beautiful property crammed full of character. Rented the whole property including Pigeonnier which was great for private use of the pool, lake, tennis court and grounds. Jane was excellent, taking time to book restaurants etc. Used the cook (Bernadette) twice during our week and the food was excellent. If you want a "Grand Designs" property go an pay double for a soulless experience, if you want an authentic French Manor House.... come here. We will DEFINITELY be returning.
A wonderful spacious,family holiday residence.
This was our second visit to the property. We were yet again delighted with the spacious rooms downstairs and a wonderful choice of bedrooms all with bathroom facilities. The terrace, with table and chairs, offered a very tranquil spot overlooking the lake where we happily ate our evening meal. On hand was Bernadette the cook who prepared a delicious meal at our request. All was delivered piping hot to the house. Outside we were able to cook on the barbecue and enjoy the large heated pool. Numerous parasols were available which was vital for shade for four very young children. The large variety of games equipment helped keep them busy. We were able to find numerous parks and attractions in the area suitable for small people and the not so small and Bergerac, ten minutes drive from Le Bourdil Blanc had many supermarkets and restaurants/cafes. We would certainly recommend this property especially to families.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Riding and French Immersion courses with or without cookery lessons throughout the year - please contact the owner for further details www.frenchinthedordogne.com and www.dordogneriding.com
We can provide horses and a guide during your stay to do trekking
We can also provide guides to show you the prehistroic caves as well as arrange wine tasting trips, truffle farm and foies gras farm visits.
Archachon about 2 1/2 hrs.
Bergerac airport and train station 10 minutes. Bordeaux airport 70 minutes. Car essential. Driving time from Calais about 8 hrs.
Bergerac town 11kms, 10 minutes. Sarlat 1 hr. Lascaux caves just over an hour. Tremolat 35 minutes.
All shops and restaurants available in Bergerac and all tourist sites of the Dordogne within easy reach.
Cook and Maid service are available by arrangement at extra charge. We have a really good regional cook
Croissant and bread delivered at cost.
Pets welcome with prior notice.
Other services which can be arranged are baby sitting, shopping, wine tasting trips, golf trips, historic tours with guide, restaurant advice and reservations.
- chateau / country house
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair accessible ...
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 7 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 8 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 9 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- 10 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 10
- Bedroom 9
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Manor House - The main house comprises: Large entrance hall/study which leads onto the main living room (50 m2) with open fireplace, 42 inch TV, mini grand piano, and also on to a dining room seating 16-20 people. Modern fitted and equipped kitchen. Bathroom off the dining room with WC and bath and basin. A staircase leads from the living room upstairs to the first floor sleeping maximum 8 people has 4 large double bedrooms with 3 en-suite bathrooms and 1 ensuite shower room with wc's. There are numerous cots and cribs and 3 high chairs. On the second floor there are 3 double air-conditioned bedrooms, 2 ensuite and 1 private shower room. Ground floor wing comprises large living room, open fireplace, TV, a double bedroom, fully fitted and equipped kitchen, bathroom with wc, basin and bath. Pigeonnier with living room, open fireplace, TV, fitted equipped kitchen. 2 double bedrooms, bathroom, with WC, basin, and bath with shower over. Outside: Aside from the heated pool (12 x 6 m2), the private tennis court and barn, the seven acre grounds also feature a large meadow garden, a small fishing/boating lake, where you can try your hand at catching one of the fat carp or simply watch them from our rowing boat, some lovely mature trees, all bounded by a delightful trout stream. From the house one can enjoy beautiful views over woodlands and fields and there is a hammock to relax in. There is a Barbecue, Table and Chairs, Parasol, Sunbeds, Ping pong table, Hammock and Fishing rods. The Pool is Heated and has a security Alarm.