Villa in Kalkan, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Prime Location Overlooking Kalkan Town And Harbour - Now Taking bookings for 2015
A stunning brand new triplex villa designed and built by a hand-picked premier Kalkan developer and architect. The emphasis is on light and space. The villa has floor to ceiling windows on two sides giving panoramic views of Kalkan Bay, Harbour and mountains. The design incorporates 5 large double bedrooms, each with private and spacious en-suite with modern fittings and wet room. The main bedroom opens onto a large balcony area with outdoor hot tub looking out over the turquoise coast. The villa has an open-plan galleried lounge with two separate sitting areas. The lounge opens on to a large dining area and state-of-the-art kitchen with integrated black appliances and island. The lounge windows fully open to the terrace and 12m infinity pool. A separate air-conditioned gym and games room with flat screen TV looks out over the sea. The villa has wireless internet, built-in BBQ, outside shower and landscaped gardens to 3 sides. A double closed garage provides parking for 2 cars.
About the Owner
Caroline and I first went to Kalkan in 1989 to celebrate our engagement. We stayed in a Boutique hotel, which is now the Sofra restaurant. The old town stood alone with little development in the surrounding areas. There were only a few restaurants and shops but the charms of Kalkan were as intoxicating then as they are now. Eighteen years and four children later we went back to Kalkan and fell in love with it all again. Our children (9-19 yrs old) love everything Kalkan has to offer: the people, shops, the clear warm turquoise sea, history, food, the ambience, boat trips and diving. This year during our summer holiday, we started a project to build a contemporary villa in a prime location in Kalkan. My builder, Cengiz, is a friend of mine and in my opinion the best developer in the region.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We all greatly enjoyed our stay in Kalkan and the comforts of the villa. The villa is impressive and I am sure will be successful for you. Professor Stuart Bartholomew, UK, 9 June 2011.
Our stay in your villa was the best week of our trip. We really enjoy our stay at the villa. I consider it as 7 stars villa. We had a happy time there. I hope we can return back soon. Mariam Al Sarraj, Saudi Arabia, 9 July 2011
John - We had a great time and really enjoyed the villa. We wish we could have stayed for longer and already planning when we can visit again. Sib Lalji, London, 9 September 2011
Turkey and I just wanted to say that we had a fantastic trip! The house is amazing, the people are so friendly and we will definitely be back! You have thought of everything in the house. Many thanks again for everything. Julie Caldwell, UK, October 6th 2011.
Villa is amazing. It's really hit the mark with Julie - she thinks she's royalty. Rich Hastie, UK, October 2011
Activity and Interests
There are many beach clubs all with water sport facilities, some can be reached by a ferry (free) from the harbour. Others provide free taxi transport to and from villas. There is a small beach in the town of Kalkan, but two beautiful beaches, Kapitas and Patara are just a short drive away. Patara, is famous for its endless white sands historical ruins. Kapitas beach is famous for the beautiful turquoise colour of the sea.
Dalaman is the nearest airport, transfer time approx 90 mins. You will need to purchase an entry visa for £10 (payment in sterling) at the airport before passing through passport control. The owner can arrange airport transfers and car hire, however car hire is not essential in Kalkan.
Kalkan centre is a 10 minute walk from the villa.
With the opening of the new Eren Dag ski resort in Seki, Kalkan is an ideal base for a skiing break in winter. The resort is close to Fethiye, around an hours drive from kalkan, and offers great skiing with very cheap ski hire and lift passes. A number of restaurants remain open in Kalkan over winter, which have crackling open log fires and superb meals at very reasonable prices. The opening of the Eren Dag ski resort makes Kalkan an all year round destination.
Summer holidays in Kalkan are chance to explore an enchanting Turkish fishing village in what is becoming Turkey's riviera. The harbour is a frequent stop for yachts and there are plenty of watersports and boat trips available. Secluded bays with clear warm seas provide perfect swimming and sun bathing. Kalkan has an upmarket feel and at night the rooftop terraces of Kalkan are transformed into chic bars and restaurants. The narrow cobbled streets of Kalkan are lined with boutiques and cafes.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure a booking payable by cheque, PayPal or electronic funds bank transfer. The balance is payable in full 8 weeks prior to arrival.
A £250 returnable damages deposit is required with the final payment, which we will refund within 1 week of departure subject to inspection.
Changeover days are flexible as our cleaning service is local.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- 370 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Each bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom with designer fittings. 4 bathrooms have marble wet rooms. Bathroom 5 is a twin bedded room and has a fitted bath and integral shower. There is a toilet on the ground floor with sink and vanity unit.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All bedrooms have modern open styling and open views across Kalkan bay. Bedrooms 1-4 have luxury king-size beds. Bedroom 5 has twin beds and bath to increase flexibility. All bedrooms have built-in fitted wardrobes, mirrors and dressing tables.
- Notes on accommodation: On arrival a member of the management team will meet you on request and help with any queries. The villa has a large infinity swimming pool, which may not be suitable for very young children. Children are very welcome but careful supervision is needed as there is open access to the swimming pool. Children must be supervised at all times when using the pool. There are a couple of rules: The villa is no smoking, so smoking is not allowed inside the villa. Walking or climbing along the front edge of the infinity pool is not allowed. Outside: The villa has fully irrigated landscaped gardens to all sides, built-in BBQ with preparation table, outside cold water shower, 12m private floodlight infinity pool, poolside shady pergola with outside dining table and seating for 10 people, luxury sun loungers, side tables, parasols. The roof terrace has a relaxing ottoman area and there is a hot tub on the top floor bedroom balcony with breathtaking views out over the bay. There is protected green land at the rear of the villa with stunning views across the mountains. A utility room on the roof terrace houses and 2 Siemens washing machines. A double garage with electronic door provides parking for 2 cars and plenty of storage space. The terraces and balconies all have lighting designed to maximise ambiance. The roof terrace has 360 degree views of the surrounding mountains, Kalkan town, harbour and sea. Utility Room: A utility room on the roof terrace provides 2 washing machines. A covered Ottoman area on the roof terrace is furnished with cushions and rugs and has a spectacular view across the bay. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels, including beach towels, and linen are included. The management team will clean the whole Villa once a week and will change towels and linen twice a week. The outside ground team maintain the garden, irrigation system and pool daily. Other: Each room has Siemens remote controlled air-conditioning and wireless broadband internet access. Bedrooms are spacious and all have spectacular views over the bay with balconies. The master bedroom has a larger balcony with hot tub for 6 people.