Villa in Algodonales, Cadiz Province Inland, Spain - Tranquil Location In A Beautiful, Undiscovered Part Of Southern Spain
Villa Madreselva, in an undiscovered part of Spain, has only recently been put on the self-catering market, so all the furnishings and equipment are new. The villa is tucked away in unspoilt countryside near Algodonales in Andalucia, in a picturesque area of mountains, hills, olive groves, farms, wild flowers, wild herbs and a parque natural. Yet it is just 30 minutes from historic Ronda, the most dramatic Pueblo Blanco (white hill town) in the whole of Spain, with a 160-metre-deep gorge splitting the town in two. The nearest town of Algodonales -10 minutes by car - has a big, orange-tree-lined central square, with bars, restaurants, shops and banks around it - and a church. The property is owned by a couple who live in the only other house in the six-acre grounds. If you need any help or advice, call on William and Eva. Otherwise you are left alone to have exclusive use of the pool and grounds. The villa is in a great central position for trips to Seville, Granada, Cadiz and Jerez.
About the Owner
The two of us, William and Eva, had a restaurant in Messing, near Colchester, Essex, for ten years. When we had no more commitments in the UK, we decided to move to Spain in 2006, basically to enjoy its fabulous weather. We live in a finca in beautiful countryside and there is one other house in our six-acre grounds - Villa Madreselva. Now we have updated the villa and are going to use it for self-catering holidays. Eva enjoyed her cooking days in the restaurant but found it very hard work. Now she is much more relaxed with life here and she is going to offer to cook three-course gourmet meals (from a short menu) for villa guests. William has been a journalist all his working life and still commutes to London three days a week to work for a national newspaper.
From the Owner
“The reason is very simple: We now live in one of the most beautiful, unspoilt parts of Spain. The scenery is stunning with rolling hills, mountains, wild flowers, wild herbs and fabulous stars - plus over 300 days a year of sunshine and clear blue skies. Unique benefits of our property: You wake up feeling you're in paradise. Birds are singing, goat bells are tingling, a donkey might be braying. And it is in a central position for trips to some of Spain's great cities - such as Saville, Granada, Jerez and Marbella - and historic Cadiz with its fabulous beach.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We offer three-course gourmet meals for €30pp cooked by a proffesional chef. Sample menu... STARTERS: Sauteed chicken livers with warm chilli jam / Morcilla crispy black pudding, served on walnut toast with caramelised apple slices / Red piquillo peppers stuffed with soft cheese, lemon thyme, pine nuts and capers / Chermoula prawns... King prawns served warm with fresh tomato sauce flavoured with cumin, ginger, chilli, coriander and saffron. MAIN COURSES: Carrillada... slow cooked pork cheeks with aubergines, peppers, potatoes and tomatoes. / Chicken breast with chorizo and wrapped in serrano ham / Roasted pork tenderloin with wholegrain mustard sauce / Baked sea bass with Mediterranean vegetables. All dishes are served with potatoes & vegetables. PUDDINGS: Choice of 3 gourmet dishes.
The nearest beaches to Villa Madreselva are both about an hour's drive - San Pedro on the Costa del Sol, and Cadiz on the Costa de la Luz. Marbella is 1hr 30mins away.
You have a choice of three airports with cheap flights to get to Villa Madreselva. Ryanair fly to Jerez (50 minutes away) and Seville (just over an hour). Easyjet fly to Malaga (1hr 45mins away)…with a car drive to the villa through outstanding scenery. Although the villa is in beautiful, tranquil countryside, it is only a few kilometres from the A384. The road runs towards Seville and Jerez in one direction, and to Malaga in the other.
There is another beautiful pueblo blanco - Zahara de la Sierra - just 20 minutes away. It has a narrow, picturesque main street, running past the church, with bars, cafes and shops. Caves at Cuerva de la Pileta are a 40-minute drive. In Olvera, 20 minutes away, is the Via Verde - a long, walk-way with short tunnels burrowing through the mountains, originally built for a light railway but now used for delightful walks or cycle rides away from traffic and with panoramic views.
I finca I've found paradise. If you are looking to stay in a quality villa in beautiful, tranquil countryside, yet near two bustling pueblo blancos - Algodonales and Ronda - this is just the place for you. Sunday Mirror travel writer Jacqui Thake reviewed Villa Madreselva, set in the grounds of Finca Alta Cocina, under the headline 'I finca I've found paradise'. She wrote: 'It's midwinter and I’m sitting in glorious sunshine, absolutely bowled over by the sensational scenery laid out around me like an art gallery full of masterpieces. It is so, so beautiful here on the outskirts of Algodonales in Spain’s Andalucia. I can’t find words to do justice to the layers of gorgeous greens and rich browns of the mountains that totally surround our holiday idyll. Olive trees are scattered over the slopes and a dramatic blue sky outlines a horizon full of shrubs and bushes. Donkeys bray in the distance, and the high notes of a cockerel crowing harmonise with the gentler sound of the bells from a nearby herd of goats'
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
18 Sep 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£133|
A deposit of 25 per cent of the full price is required to confirm the booking. The outstanding amount has to be paid two months before arrival.
Changeover day is Saturday - but this may be able to be altered in some circumstances. Guests have exclusive use of the pool and grounds, which are lit up at night.
Notes on prices:
The prices above are for 7-8 people. There is a discount for 6 or fewer people. Low season is reduced to €950, mid season to €1,150, and high season to €1,375. A security deposit of €150 is required against breakages or damage. Bed linen is changed weekly and towels, including pool towels, are provided. There is a 10 per cent surcharge for Easter. Email email@example.com for Christmas and New Year prices.
25% deposit is required to secure a booking, paid by bank transfer. the balance is paid two months before the holiday begins, by the same method.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 120 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- All four rooms are en-suite and each bathroom has a bath, shower, pedestal sink, low-level wc, bidet, soap, hairdryer, shampoo and towels.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 double four-poster bed and views of mountain and countryside. Bedroom 2 double four-poster bed and views of mountain and olive grove. Bedroom 3 twin beds and views of mountains and pool. Bedroom 4 twin beds and views of mountains and pool.
- Golf ...
- Outside: Villa Madreselva has a beautiful 12-metre x 6-metre pool solely for the use of the villa guests. The pool, enriched by small, navy blue tiles, is 1.5 metres at one end and 2 metres at the other. Steps down at the shallow end are at the side of the pool to avoid encroaching into the swimming area. At the deep end there is a ladder into the water. There are umbrellas, sun loungers, chairs and drinks tables around the pool. The pool is enclosed on three sides by a 2-metre-high trellis, covered in plants and flowers. If you want a break from the pool, there is an adjacent pergola with comfortable furniture where you can relax, perhaps for a chat, to read a book, or have a drink away from the sun. Or go to a second pergola with different country views. Or just sit back and let the sheer beauty of it all sink in.. You will depart a lot happier and healthier than when you arrived. Bienvenidos! Utility Room: An adjacent utility room accessed through an arch has an electric oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, wine cooler, iron, ironing board, broom, dustpan and brush - and more wall storage space. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels - including bath towels for the sun loungers -and linen are provided and changed on a weekly basis. The property is cleaned weekly and the garden and pool are maintained.