House in Bath, Somerset, England - 4 km From The Centre Of The World Heritage City Of Bath
Bath West House has been extended and renovated with no expense spared when it came to the quality of the fittings, to provide the owners with a stunning contemporary home. On the ground floor there is an impressive open plan kitchen dinner and lounge area with doors opening right up on to the garden and patio area. There are 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms plus additional WC. The kitchen is equipped with all mod cons. Free wifi is provided and off street car parking. Short and long term lets are available.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely large property
With regard to your comments - the radiators just needed bleeding, all working fine now - and the painters were booked in for the week after you to give it a freshen up. We park there regularly and have never had a problem with finding a parking space.
About the Owner
About Jette Baker
Bath West House was renovated and extended by the owners to a very high standard in 2010. Then they found out they were moving to New York City! They like to keep it as a base to come back to in the summer and Christmas, but the rest of the time, as good friends we manage the letting of the property for them. We hope you like the house!
Jette Baker purchased this house in 2009
Why Jette Baker chose England
Bath West is owned by the Palmer family who have relocated to New York City! While they are away we, as good freinds are letting out their house. So it really feels like a home!
What makes this house unique
A great space for entertaining in the open plan lounge-kitchen-diner. In the summer the bifold doors open on to the pretty secluded garden - the garden and house become one!
(1 traveller reviews)
Lovely large property
Lovely large property, great lounge/kitchen space for entertaining. Great selection of bedrooms (could do with an extra bathroom only 2 between 10 guests). We managed to squeeze 2 cars onto the drive, not much off road parking whilst we were there, so if you had more than two vehicles you'd struggle. The local park and ride is just 2 minutes away. Few niggles with regards to maintenance 2 radiators not working and door handle to master bedroom fell off leaving occupants locked in! Have notified agent so hopefully it'll get fixed ASAP. Plenty of crockery and glasses, could do with some games for children to play. On the whole the property was great, would benefit from a lick of paint and a feather duster along the coving. But would recommend to friends and family looking for a large property in Bath.
From the Owner
“Bath West is owned by the Palmer family who have relocated to New York City! While they are away we, as good freinds are letting out their house. So it really feels like a home!”
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach - Weston Super Mare 30km.
Dorset Coast - 150km.
Bus and Bath Spa Station - 2 miles. London Paddington 90 minutes.
Bristol 12 minutes. Reading 60 mins.
J18 M4 Motorway 12km.
Bristol International Airport 18km.
London Heathrow 150km.
No 17 bus to Bath city centre, stops outside Bath West House.
Bath, Roman Baths, Thermal Bath Spa, Jane Austin Centre, Royal Crescent, American Museum, Bath Rugby ground, Theatre Royal, Circus, Bath University, all 1-2km.
Longleat - 15km. Cheddar Gorge - 15km. Bristol - 15km. Cotswolds - 20km.
A range of local shops, restaurants, pubs are 10 minutes walk away from the house. Hours of opening are from 7.30am-10.30pm. Large supermarket and petrol station 1km. Further extensive shopping available in Bath city centre.
Welcome pack provided - tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, cooking oil, dishwasher powder, washing up liquid and powder.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Changeover days flexible.However please note that we do not accept a SATURDAY arrival or departure. Long and short term lets available.
Please note that we will accept a 2 night stay over a weekend - this can only be Friday & Saturday. We will also offer special rates for 4 ,5 and 6 nights. Mid-week stays are a minimum of 3 nights.
Bank holiday weekends require a minimum of 3 nights stay. Easter Weekend requires a minimum of 4 night stay.
As a deposit we require 50% of the total amount due. This deposit is non-refundable unless the property can be resold. The final balance is due 4 weeks before arrival.Payment accepted by credit, debit card,or bank transfer. 2% charge for credit cards. American Express not accepted. Cheques not accepted. Confirmation details sent on receipt of initial deposit.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“A great space for entertaining in the open plan lounge-kitchen-diner. In the summer the bifold doors open on to the pretty secluded garden - the garden and house become one!”
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Events Allowed
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair accessible ...
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Toilet 1 - Toilet, Ground floor Toilet and basin
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bath and separate walk in shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Walk in wet room. En-suite
- Ground floor: WC. First floor: double bedroom has large en-suite wet room with shower, modern stone tiling. Underfloor heating. First floor: family bathroom with bath and separate large walk in shower, modern stone tiling. Underfloor heating.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 2 Single Bed, Ground floor bedroom
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Single Bed, Ground floor single bedroom
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, First floor Double bedroom with en-suite wetroom
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, First Floor twin bedroom
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed, First Floor double bedroom
- Bedroom 6 - 1 Single Bed, First Floor single bedroom
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Ground floor: 1 small single room, large twin room. First floor: 1 x single, 1 x twin, 1 x double, 1 x double with en-suite wet room All rooms modern in style with ample storage space. 3 bedrooms with wall -mounted TVs.
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Property is a semi detached house in quiet residential area. On street parking available as well as parking for one car on the driveway. The nearest shops, restaurants are 15 minutes walk away. A regular bus service stops right outside the house going to the city centre of Bath. Outside: There is a rear garden which is self contained making it very safe for young children and dogs. There is a patio area with table and chairs for six (additional seating is available) A BBQ is provided. There is an attractive front garden. Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble dryer. Additional sink. Drying rack. Door to garden. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided. For stays of more than 7 nights, linen is changed free of charge. Cleaning can be provided for an extra charge. Other: Downstairs WC and basin.