Apartment in Perast, Kotor Bay, Montenegro - Minutes From The Seafront, Yet Far Enough From The Bustle For Peace And Quiet
This charming apartment makes up the second floor of an old stone house, which was refurbished in 2007. It nestles amongst orange trees and honeysuckle, surrounded by a jumble of similar houses, in a part of Perast that remains largely untouched. The village itself is the jewel of Kotor Bay and one of the most spectacular locations on the Adriatic Coast. Truly breathtaking. A large terrace with a panoramic view of the bay and its two islands makes up a third of the living space, giving the apartment a lovely outdoor feel which apartments of similar size in this area often lack. It is much loved, and visited regularly by ourselves, the owners - a British family - and looked after by a local managing agent. It is furnished simply, unfussily, but comfortably.
About the Owner
As a couple we spent a number of years working in the Balkans, and bought and refurbished this apartment in 2005-2007. Now with two young daughters, we holiday in the apartment every summer, as do our relatives.
Activity and Interests
The apartment is a minute from the waterfront, which has an array or eateries and bars, ranging from a cheap pizzeria to more expensive fish and meat restaurants. There are places to swim all along the waterfront and a beach at either end of the village.
Perast is an hour's drive from Dubrovnik Airport in Croatia and if you tire of the bay, then secluded coves and beaches lie within half an hour's drive.
The nearest airport is Tivat in Montenegro (30 minutes), but most European visitors will arrive at Dubrovnik in Croatia, which is served by budget airlines including Thomson and Easyjet from the UK (from approx £100 return). Hire cars can be rented there and are useful for getting around, but Perast is well served by buses too.
Perast is 20 minutes drive from the historic walled town of Kotor and its hillside castle. It's a little further to the open sea bays, the coves of the Tivat peninsula and the luxury marina of Porto Montenegro. The Tara Valley, which offers white water rafting, is about three hours drive, as is neighbouring Durmitor National Park (the principal town of which, Zabljak, is a ski resort in winter). Dubrovnik is an hour one way, and the equally charming Sveti Stefan an hour the other.
There is a wealth of literature about the area on the shelves of our apartment, including Lonely Planet and Bradt travel guides to Montenegro, Macedonia and Serbia. Bosnia is only an hour's drive away too.
You don't have to travel far to find cash machines (the next village), supermarkets (ditto), or you can settle for the small local shops in Perast which have most of what you may need.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
To secure confirmation, a 25% deposit is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance must be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival.
We prefer a changeover on Saturday. Arrival is after 4pm and departure is before 10am. Our managing agents will meet you on arrival to hand over keys and show you to the apartment.
A fee of €75 is included in each booking to cover cleaning, clean linen and key collection/direction to the apartment,
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- near the sea
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom is a small wet-room with toilet, sink and shower.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, Room is small, just king sized bed and wardrobe
- Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms Each bedroom contains one double bed. The master bedroom is big with a wall cupboard, while the other is a small double but has a large wardrobe with storage space for clothes and suitcases.
- Balcony ...
- Barbecue ...
- The apartment has its own pressurized water supply, an essential on the coast where the mains water supply dwindles in the summer months. It is furnished simply and retains much of its traditional character. If you require TV, internet access, and luxury then there are other hotels and apartments in the bay more suited to you. But if you want a fantastic location and unrivalled views, within the finest village of the Adriatic, then you are our welcome guests.