House near Tournon d’Agenais, Lot & Garonne, France - Private Pool, Large Garden, Splendid Views And Walks
This pretty, stone-built house sits on a gently sloping hill, surrounded by fields and woods with a beautiful 12m salt-water swimming pool and wonderful views and walks in all directions. Bosc de la Croze is a family home (not a house done up for letting), the owners live in London and use the house throughout the year but let the property for periods throughout the year including school holidays, half term, Christmas and New Year.
About the Owner
Bosc de la Croze is a wonderful family home. My husband and I have several children and many grandchildren ranging from a few months to over 21. So we try to make the house comfortable and accommodating for families.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had a marvellous two weeks at your house; grandparents came and loved it; children had the best time."
From the Owner
“South West France is very beautiful, with gently wooded hills, beautiful escarpments and many rivers. I bought Bosc de la Croze because it seemed to be an ideal family home. You can hardly see another house from Bosc de la Croze but it's less than five minutes' drive to the nearest villages where you can buy everything you might need on a holiday.”
Activity and Interests
1 hr 30 mins from Toulouse (Blagnac) airport. 2 hrs from Bordeaux airport. 1 hr 30 mins from Bergerac airport.
The house is less than five minutes drive from two villages. Montaigu de Quercy is the shopping village, with a baker, supermarket, butcher, newsagent and a marvellous Saturday market. Tournon dAgenais is the other local village, with two restaurants and a Friday-evening market during the summer. There is a big supermarket near Fumel, 25 minutes away. Excellent Sunday market at Montcuq 25 mins distance.
All rooms are bright and airy, easily kept cool in the heat of the summer because the walls are thick, and there are windows and French windows with shutters. Electric heating maintains the warmth in the cooler months
The garden is deliberately low maintenance; it is mainly grass with some trees and shrubs and is surrounded on three sides by a thick hedge. On the fourth side are newly planted trees and vines, separating the garden from a field (that we own). In other words, the garden is very children-friendly.
The floodlit, salt-water, heated swimming pool measures 12 metres by 6 metres, with shallow steps at one end (perfect for small children). There is an alarm (which when switched on rings if a child enters the water). It is bordered by a lavender hedge and non-slip paving. There are several teak lounger chairs with cushions and a variety of deck chairs.
- Booking Notes:
If you are interested in renting Bosc de la Croze please email with your preferred dates. Rents in 2015 Easter, May, June and September: £1,800 a week. July and August: £2,400 a week. Christmas and new year: on request. Rent deposit: 50%, balance paid 8 weeks before rental starts. Security deposit: £500, refunded (less any necessary deductions) within eight weeks of the end of your tenancy.
Saturday. Arrival time 4pm. Departure time 10am.
Notes on prices:
Unless otherwise agreed, all July and August lets are for a minimum of two weeks, whilst those during the rest of the year may be for a minimum of one week. They will usually begin and end on a Saturday, but may be different by special arrangement. Occasionally, it is possible to rent Bosc de la Croze for a long weekend.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Bosc de la Croze is easy to reach by air from Toulouse, Bergerac and Bordeaux. It's an easy drive from the UK because of the excellent and relatively empty motorways in western France. The salt water swimming pool is fabulous, there are lovely cycle rides and walks direct from the house. Above all, it's a marvellous place to relax and enjoy fabulous French food and wine.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Adjacent bathroom for bedroom 1 with shower, WC Ensuite bathroom for bedroom 2 with shower, WC Shared bathroom for bedrooms 3 and 4 - with bath, shower, WC Ensuite bathroom for bedroom 4 with shower, WC.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 (1st floor): 6’ double bed. Bedroom 2 (1st floor): 5’ 6” bed. Bedroom 3 (ground floor): 2 single beds. Bedroom 4 (ground floor): 2 single beds. Courtyard Bedroom 5 in converted barn:5’ 6” double bed, TV with Sky. Cot and baby equipment.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The beds are very comfortable with quality bedlinen - lovely rooms with lots of light. Small children and babies are well catered for. Some of the bedrooms are suitable for elderly guests, as they are on the ground floor and have only one or two steps. The converted barn offers marvellous space for children to play if the weather isn't nice. Outside: The floodlit, salt-water, heated swimming pool measures 12x6m with shallow steps at one end (perfect for small children). There is an alarm (which when switched on rings if a child enters the water). It is bordered by a lavender hedge and non-slip paving. Six superb teak sun loungers and four additional canvas sun loungers. For bad-weather days the converted barn offers a place to play table tennis, other games or sit comfortably and read. Utility Room: Washing machine. Tumble dryer. Sink. Sterliser for baby bottles. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaner twice a week. Pool maintenance: once a week. Garden maintenance: twice a week. All linen is provided and is changed weekly: Bed linen. Towels. Swimming pool towels. Other: Covered terrace, facing west - like an extra room with comfortable furniture for sitting out of the sun. Also courtyard for outdoor eating at a rectangular table, which seats 10 persons. Large barbeque. Large barn with ping pong table for rainy days.