Apartment in Les Houches, Chamonix, Haute Savoie, French Alps - Directly Opposite The Bellevue Cable Car
Peak Lookout is a duplex 3 bedrooms apartment arranged over two floors with a spacious open plan living with a double sofa bed, kitchen, dining area, a double en-suite bedroom and a toilet on the ground floor. On the top floor there is a double bedroom, a twin bedroom and a bathroom with a bath and a shower. Beautifully furnished to comfortably accommodate six people the living area has a large six seater sofa and dining table with six leather dining chairs as well as a fully equipped modern kitchen with hob, oven, fridge and dishwasher. The property also benefits from all modern conveniences such as a flat screen high definition television, satellite TV, iPod docking station, DVD player and a stereo. The south facing balcony is an ideal place to relax with stunning views of the Mont Blanc massif including the Aiguille du Midi and Mont Blanc itself. As you’d expect with an apartment of this calibre it comes with its own private ski locker and secure underground parking.
About the Owner
One of our dreams is to have a place in the French Alpes where we can come and relax. We have decorated our apartment as if it is our home. We love the place and spent most of our holidays here in the winter as well as summer. We hope you will enjoy this place as much as we do!
Guestbook comments from the owner
Valerie V, Brussels.
We just returned last week from Peak Lookout in lovely Les Houches. The apartment was great for me, my boyfriend and our friends and their teenage son. It was clean, comfortable and exactly across from the gondola up to the mountain top. Les Houches is a great small resort that is not overcrowded. We were there on school holiday week and did not encounter one lift line. The pistes were of all levels and the small village has nice restaurants, a big grocery store and all of the amentities one could want. The people at Azzure Holidays were fantastic and Sarka and Roger especially were most helpful, making sure we got there in a snowstorm and providing us with all the information we needed including the highlights of Les Houches. This apartment is cozy, clean, quiet and charming. We will definetly return.
From the Owner
“After 10 years of dreaming of owning a place in the French Alpes we have finaly decided to follow our dreams. We bought this apartment in 2006 and have decorated as if it is our home. We love Les Houches as it is conveniently situated. Within 1 hours drive you can be in Switzerland or Italy exploring the beautiful landscapes and its villages.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
For detailed information about the different activities available during your stay, check out the Les Houches tourist office.
Activities available during your stay in Les Houches include:
Snowboarding/skiing, telemark skiing, heli-skiing, ski touring, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, ice climbing.
Dog sledging, walking and hiking, mountaineering, mountain biking, sight seeing, paragliding, white water sports.
In the summer the Chamonix valley can look at its most stunning. Les Houches becomes a beautiful vibrant landscape with colourful mountains, and the valley becomes a paradise for alpine walking, mountaineering, cycling, white water rafting, and much more.
Activities in the summer: walking and hiking, mountain climbing and glacier trekking, mountain biking, paragliding, water activities, golf, shopping.
Within 1 hours drive you can take the Mont Blanc tunnel and go to Italy and visit places such as Aoste, a beautiful medieval town or drive to Annecy/Evian for a relaxing day and shopping.
There are a number of restaurants and bars on your door step and you are conveniently situated for public transport as the bus stops directly in front of the building.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner.
Changeover day is Saturday.
Notes on prices:
The apartment is available for weekly rentals generally from Saturday to Saturday although we will consider other dates and lengths of stay.
Including in the price are linen, towels and cleaning.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“It is a very luxurious apartment with all the facilities such as wifi internet, washing machine, Satelite TV. The location of the apartment is beautiful as it is at the foot of the Mont Blanc. There are many bars and restaurants near the apartment and in addition to a large supermarket, only 10 minutes walk away there is a local Savoyard delicatessen, a boulangerie and a fromagerie directly below the apartment The ski lift is just across the road , 50 metres from the apartment, providing access to the slopes at Les Houches. Many other resorts are close by (a short drive) including Chamonix, Argentiere, Megeve , St Gervais if you are more adventurous. However Les Houches offers great family skiing with one world cup downhill run Le Kandahar for those who enjoy speed.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom upstairs includes a Grohe shower over the bath and enjoys the optional use of a built-in washing-machine and tumble-dryer. There is also a large heated towel rail. Two separate toilets available.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The main bedroom has a sumptuous double bed and an en-suite bathroom. Upstairs one spacious bedroom with double bed and one bedroom with two single beds. Also we have a double sofa bed in the living room which allow a group of 8pp to stay at the apartmen
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Rates are based on a one week stay arriving on Saturday afternoon and departing the following Saturday morning. The check-out time is 10am. There is some flexibility on arrival and departure days, although this is more difficult during peak season. Additionally, depending on availability, short stays are possible. Outside: The apartment has a beautiful wooden deck balcony with view of the Mont Blanc. Utility Room: There is a ski locker in the basement and a parking space in the underground garage. The garage is secured 24 hours per day. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Rates include cleaning, bedlinen and towels. Other: Sliding-windows open onto a beautiful wooden-decked balcony, providing views over the main ski area of Les Houches, including the finish of the Men’s World Cup Downhill Course and the Chamonix Valley.