Cottage in Hutton-le-Hole, Nr.Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire, England - Ideally Located For Exploring The Many Nearby Attractions, Countryside And Jurassic Coast
Greengate is a detached cottage that has been converted to a single residence from the original 4 cottages it was originally built as. Facilities include a fully fitted kitchen, large lounge with open fire, gas central hearting, two bathrooms, cloakroom with WC and dining room with seating for 8. There are three bedrooms including two doubles with king size beds and a twin room. There are two staircases, one at each end of the house which makes for very flexible living accommodation. There is a playroom with a sofa bed and Z-beds are provided for the plus 2 accommodation. There is parking for three cars and a yard with BBQ, table and seating. Hutton-le-Hole has a local Inn serving good food, the Ryedale Folk Museum, tea and craft shops and offers great local walks. Local towns include Kirbymoorside, Pickering, Helmsley and on the coast Scarborough and Whitby. The NY Moors steam railway, Goathland (Heartbeat), Flamingoland are all short drives away. Greengate also has free WI-FI.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely cosy cottage
About the Owner
David & Berni Strachan bought Greengate in 2003 having been holidaying in the area for many years. When the opportunity to buy Greengate arose, it was too good an opportunity to miss. We spent 6 months renovating the property and bringing it into the 21st century.
We spend as much time as we can with our young family and friends, never tiring of the cottage and area. There is so much to do within a short drive and we enjoy spending days messing about in the beck running through the village and eating in the Crown Inn where we enjoy watching the world go by in the summer early evenings.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'we all had a fantastic time, we loved the cottage and the moors - such a beautiful area!'
'fantastic cottage and location! We all had a wonderful time.'
'We have been renting holiday cottages around the UK for many years and Greengate is in our top three!'
1 holidaymaker review
Activity and Interests
The east coast with Scarborough, Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay, Bridlington, Filey are all within a short drive away.
Nearest airports are Leeds/Bradford and Newcastle, both approximately 75 minutes away by car. Mainline train station is York with a branch to Malton.
Kirbymoorside, 3 miles, Pickering 8 miles, Helmsley 7 miles, York, 30 miles, Coast, 25 miles, Goathland (Heartbeat country) 20 miles.
Greengate Cottage is located in the heart of Hutton-le-Hole in the beautifull North Yokshire Moors National Park. The village offers a great local Inn, the Ryedale Folk Museum, tea shops and craft shops. There is a tennis court that can be hired, a petanque pitch and down the round a squash court.
There are fantastic opportunities for lovers of the great outdoors with walking, cycling, fishing and horse riding offerings all within very easy reach.
Kirkbymoorside, the local market town, is only 3 miles away. Kirkbymoorside has a good range of shops and amenities including five pubs, a choice of restaurants, cafes, fish and chip shops, bakeries, a newsagent, pharmacy, supermarkets, hardware store and antique shops.
Ryedale offers colourful local markets, famous abbeys, castles, stately homes, steam trains, theme parks and some exceptional museums. Also, many fine old country pubs and inns serve tasty home-made puddings, classic Sunday roasts, fish and chips and a remarkable range of real ales.
To the east of Kirkbymoorside is Pickering, which offers a swimming pool, cinema, trout fishery, a castle, antique shops and is the home of the famous North Yorkshire Moors Railway – a ‘must-do’ journey through breathtaking Yorkshire scenery on a steam train.
To the west is Helmsley, overlooked by a castle and with a classic medieval market square. For the kids, one of the UK’s premier theme parks - Flamingo Land - is only 16 km away, whilst the golden sand beaches and amusements of Scarborough are within 45 minutes drive.
Also within a short drive are Castle Howard, Byland and Rievaulx Abbeys, Robin Hood’s Bay, Whitby and Lightwater Valley. With York Minister, the Jorvik Viking Centre and the City Walls, York (one of England's most famous medieval cities) is just 45 minute drive away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
10 Sep 2016 - 21 Oct 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
22 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
29 Oct 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Deposit of £150 payable on booking and the balance 6 weeks before the start of the break. If the booking is within 6 weeks of the stay, full payment is required on booking.
Strictly no smoking in the property.
Unfortunately we do not accept pets.
If there are any breakages or damage the cost of replacement and/or repair will be charged.
For week stays the changeover day is Saturday, but for shorter breaks is flexible. The cottage is available from 16.00 on the day of arrival and we ask that guests leave by 10.00 am on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Please call or email us for weekly and short break rates.
Payment is either by bank transfer or cheque. We will send you our bank details for transfers and address, if paying by cheque, by email on booking. We ask for a deposit of £150 on booking and the balance 6 weeks prior to the start of the holiday. If the booking is within 6 weeks of the start of the holiday we ask for the full amount on booking.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Greengate is ideally located for venturing onto the moors, whether on foot, cycle or car, visiting the local market towns of Pickering, Helmsley and Thirsk , visiting the coast or York with so much to offer. At the end of the day we look forward to keeping warm in front of the open fire after a visit to one of the excellent local restaurants.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Games ...
- children welcome
- autumn foliage
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, This is a wet room on the ground floor.
- Downstairs cloakroom - Toilet
- Family bathroom upstairs with bath and separate shower. On the ground floor there is a wetroom with a shower and WC. There is also a cloak room with a third WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed. Bedroom two with 2 single beds. Bedroom 3 with king size bed. Playroom with sofa bed and 2 z-beds for use anywhere in cottage. Playroom has direct access to outside and a wetroom with toilet and shower.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Greengate Cottage is a beautiful cottage in an exceptional location, ideally suited to those looking for a countryside retreat set within one of North Yorkshires prettiest villages. Greengate has been sympathetically restored and maintained and is equipped with the modern facilities expected, including internet access, freeview TV at no extra cost. There is an open fire and a basket of logs is ready for your arrival. There is a travel cot, high chair and stair gate should they be needed at no extra cost. The cottage has two sets of staircases, ensuring very flexible accommodation and great hide and seek for younger visitors. Unfortunately we do not accept pets. Outside: There is parking for up to three cars at the rear of the property. There is a yard at the rear of the property with table and chairs and BBQ and at the front, a gated front garden with bench offering a great place to sit and watch the world go by. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and kitchen towels are provided. Other: The cottage benefits from a playroom that has direct access to outside and also has a wetroom. There is a sofa bed, TV and DVD player. The room is ideal for younger members of the family who may want some independence from older members of the family.