Apartment in Musso, Lake Como, Lombardy / Italian Lakes, Italy - Rural/village Location, 5 min Walk To Lake Como Shore, Lake/mtn Views, Private Walled Terrace, Bbq
Carefully restored classical Italian country house with shutters and large balcony. The apartment is on two levels and its interior is modern, cosy, comfortable, light and well equipped. Within a charming Italian village community, you can enjoy the quiet atmosphere, with views of lake and mountains. Satellite TV with English Channels and free Internet. There is a BBQ for eating al-fresco in the walled terrace area just outside on the ground floor of the apartment. Provided are sunbeds tables and chairs for first floor and ground floor open areas.
About the Owner
The UK owners welcome you to their Italian home in the pretty village of Musso, just a short drive north of Menaggio. Having been owners in Italy for seven years they visit often, loving everything Italian, especially the beautiful sights and magical experience of Lake Como. There is always something new to discover e.g. taking a ride in the cable car from Argegno to Pigra to see a breathtaking panoramic view of Lake Como.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Hi, Just to say that we really enjoyed the apartment and our time in
Lake Como. Everything was great. Many thanks. K. Johnston
We have just arrived safely back home to Milan after a lovely stay in your apartment. Although the weather was a little wet we had a lovely time. We would like to send you our thanks and our compliments on your apartment. It didn't feel like just a holiday rental, it had a homely feel which was a lovely change from some of the rather 'cold'/empty places we have rented before. My children loved throwing stones on the beach and we had a nice meal in one of the local restaurants. That walk back up the hill was a tough one for little legs, but it was worth it to walk through the door to a warm and comfortable apartment, not to mention the tea-making facilities which are rare in Italy! I will be letting all the ex-pats here know where they should go for their holidays! Best regards and thanks, Amanda, Benjamin and Samuel
From the Owner
“Fresh air, views of lake, mountains and set in lovely countryside above the peaceful village of Musso, away from the main road and set amongst the little stone houses of friendly local Italians. Hearing the church bell calling people to Mass. A short drive north to the top of the lake you can enjoy the benefits of a large commercial centre. The ski slopes are within easy reach and we have enjoyed skiing in Madesimo during March and April when its snowy and sunny! A short drive south to the 'very English' Menaggio allows you easy access to many ferries which visit all the towns and villages by water e.g. the Rapido which speeds to Como town.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
A Management company based in Menaggio is on hand to ensure the apartment is ready... to welcome you and to help you get the most out of your holiday in Lake Como. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience and offer many interesting activities such as art and painting courses and Italian cookery courses as well as hiring a boat to explore the Lake.
Located about 500m is Musso beach and a promenade walk along the lakeside. playgrounds and beach complexes are nearby including the lakeside Lido in Mennagio. The apartment is ideally situated to explore the beauty and magic of Lake Como: walking, hiking, cycling, sailing, swimming. Exquisite gardens and villas e.g. Carlotta, Gaeta, Piona Abbey and Villa Balbianello which was the location for films such as Star Wars and Casino Royale, reached by speedboat or a walk from Lenno.
Arno airport, Lugano 45 min by car. Milan Malpensa and Milan Linate airports, approx 1 - 1.30 hours by car. Milan Bergamo (Orio al Serio airport) 1.30 - 2 hours by car. To travel by car from the UK approx. 13 hours.
Airlines: Easyjet, British Airways, Air One, Ryanair (Bergamo)
Menaggio 10 minutes by car. Dongo 5 minutes by car. Gravedona 10 minutes by car. Como City 30km. Lugano (Switzerland) 30km (requires passport). Milan 90km. Bergamo 90km. Bellagio/Varenna 15 minutes by ferry from Menaggio.
Relax and soak in 'la dolce vita' on your own sunny balcony. Enjoy delicious homemade Italian food at numerous lake front restaurants, while enjoying spectacular views of the surrounding landscape across the lake. In the village you will find supermarket, bars and a bakery for freshly made Italian breads. There is a bank with ATM machine, a post office and a hair and beauty salon. In addition there is a marina close by, ferry stop for exploring towns on the lake by water, bus stop and taxi service. A football pitch, tennis court and swimming pool are minutes away. There are water sports schools in nearby Pianello, Domaso and Cremia for all types of water sports including kite surfing. The Abbey at Piona can be viewed across the lake from the apartment balcony and is worth a visit. The waterfall gorge at Bellano is amazing! There is an outdoor market everyday on the Lakeside at one of the towns or villages. Menaggio has an excellent crafts, jewellery and clothing market which fills the piazza and stretches along the promenade on Fridays and into the evening.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
Check the availability calendar which is regularly kept up to date. A deposit of 20% is payable to reserve the apartment by bank transfer UK or Italy, credit card or Paypal. The final balance is due 4 weeks before departure, when a full information pack will be sent including everything needed to enjoy spectacular Lake Como.
Changeover days for for a 7 or 14 night vacation is usually Saturday or Sunday. Arrival after 4.00 pm and departure by 10.00 am. This is flexible and shorter stays (min. 3 nights) are definitely possible, just ask.
Notes on prices:
Minimum 3 nights stay.
For a 3 night stay deduct 40% off the weekly tariff
For a 4 night stay deduct 30% off the weekly tariff
For a 5 night stay deduct 20% off the weekly tariff
For a 6 night stay deduct 10% off the weekly tariff
10% discount for two week consecutive stay
Early and late booking special offers - please enquire
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The large sunny balcony is a great place to get a sun tan. A private, enclosed ground floor terrace is ideal for BBQs and a place for children to play. The apartment is spacious and on two levels, allowing different areas for individuals to enjoy their own space. Comfortable beds make for a good night's sleep. Modern boiler allows for ambient temperatures and unlimited hot water for showers at all times of the year.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- botanical garden
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- 80 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room on first floor level with glazed corner opening shower unit and powerful shower supplying unlimited hot water, WC, wash hand basin and bidet, including towel storage and bench unit plus illuminated vanity cupboard above basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with twin beds (can place together) both bedrooms are light and airy. Open shutters for views of lake and mountains. Corner seating unit downstairs, converts to comfortable double sofa bed can sleep two extra persons.
- Balcony ...
- Boat ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: With traditional construction and the advantage of gas central heating this ensures that the apartment is warm and cosy in winter and thick stone walls ensure it is naturally cool in summer. Outside: The apartment benefits from two outside areas; a large terracotta paved balcony equipped with table and chairs for alfresco dining and loungers for sunbathing. On the ground floor level there is an enclosed private, paved area, suitable for children to play and equipped with wooden table, bench and chairs set, parasol and BBQ. This area is partly covered so affords weather protection. Parking is close to the apartment in the communal car parking area within a few metres of the entrance path. Further parking is available in an additional car parking area just below the little chapel nearby. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Fresh bed linen and towels are provided once a week free of charge. Beach towels not provided. Cleaning is included in the price for a stay of up to seven nights. For more than 7 nights and up to 14 nights cleaning is an additional £30 Other: Ample modern lighting and illumination both inside and outside. The property has gas central heating with radiators and a wall mounted boiler, for hot water and warmth. Hiring of extra equipment such as cots, highchairs, pushchairs available on request.