House in Litton Cheney, Bridport, Dorset, England, UK - Close to Chesil Beach and Fabulous Rural and Coastal Walking Along with Many other Attractions.
Newly renovated this house has a wonderful contemporary feel, the sun floods into all the rooms and the south facing terrace and mature gardens provide a perfect holiday retreat. The ground floor is all on one level with a bedroom and wet room to provide easy access for any guests of limited mobility. There is lovely spacious living for a group of 9/10 to relax or to use as a base to explore all that this part of Dorset has to offer. Close to the Jurassic Coast and many pretty and interesting towns and villages, along with great places to eat, it is not surprising that this part of Dorset is so popular. Well known for all its local produce and creative influences there is something for everyone along with National Trust Properties, gardens and many family activities.
About the Owner
Our family have a long history of life in Dorset and my father grew up in the village of Litton Cheney. My parents then retired to Court Close later in life and the house has been on long term lets since the mid nineties. As a much loved family home and place to spend our free time we wanted to have access to the house while sharing it with others who come to the area and hence the refurbishment. Once you have spent time in Dorset you will always want to return, it is an intoxicating place and there really is something for everyone, except maybe serious clubbers! We very much hope that our guests will enjoy the house and want to return, all comments are welcome. My cousin, Pippa James is the direct contact as she is overseeing things as we live too far away.
Guestbook comments from the owner
It's been an absolute pleasure staying here at Court Close. The house is so comfortable and well appointed with every detail thought of. It felt like staying in our very own '5 star hotel' with only the butler missing!! The surrounding area is wonderful for walking and exploring, especially having the open fire to come back to. We will definitely come back, hopefully it will be very soon.
Five girls on a walking,talking, eating week-end! Enhanced by this beautiful property, gorgeous bathrooms and very well equipped kitchen. comfortable beds, lovely linen and thick towels. ....... Brilliant.
a fabulous week in a fabulous house, heavenly garden for the children to explore.....we would love ot come back here.
Children Comment! I LOVE this place, it is soooo beautiful, the bed is soooo soft and comfy. The place is all together number 1.!
The whole week has been a joy. Court Close is the perfect venue, so light and spacious and excellently equipped... perfect venue
From the Owner
“Litton Cheney is a lovely village because it is so near to everything while being such a tranquil spot, there is a lovely church, good pub and nearby farm shop and much more within a very short drive. Great walks from the house or nearby on the coast, and the garden, created by my Mother is a great place to sit and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
If your group have any particular interests, such as Thomas Hardy, painting, cookery, walking and you would like our help to put a package together we would be delighted to help. Ring us to discuss your thoughts.
This is the Jurassic Coast line!! There are several good beaches within easy access, Burton Bradstock is nearest with fabulous Hive Cafe, the best fossiling can be done at Charmouth or Lyme Regis. There is sailing from Weymouth and deep sea fishing from Weymouth and Lyme Regis. Fabulous coastal walks and Abbotsbury Gardens, Swannery only about 10 minutes away.
Trains: Dorchester South and Dorchester West 25 mins max.
Airports Exeter 1 hour. Bridport 1.25 hours. Bristol 2hrs. Heathrow 2.5 hrs
Ferries: Weymouth 25 mins. Poole 45 mins.
Bridport 5 mins. Dorchester 15 mins. Beaminster 20 mins. Axminster and Lyme Regis 20-25 mins, Nearest Coast 10 mins. Cinema - Bridport, Dorchester, Weymouth, Many pubs, restaurants. Farm Shop 5 mins.
Bridport has all main banks, Waitrose, Co-op, Morrisons and excellent independent butchers (Balsoms), bakers etc. A thriving market on Wed and Sat and a very good leisure centre.
Local towns of interest are Beaminster, SHerborne (beautiful Abbey town), Dorchester (Thomas Hardy and great Roman History) and Lyme Regis (with its wonderful cob (French Lieutenant's Woman) and fossiling).
The local pub (The WHite Horse) has a skittle alley which guests can use if they book in, great fun entertainment for a group. The food is also excellent.
The local Jurassic Coastline is absolutely stunning, for children fossiling, adults walking for miles along the coastal path or just an afternoon at the beach.
Inland there are also fabulous walks, beautiful towns and villages to explore and many interesting things going on, it is a very creative area, full of artists and interesting people, and from quiet hours birdwatching to the thrill of zorbing all needs are catered for.
The area is full of great places to eat, we are really very fortunate in this area to have a wide range on offer from excellent fish and chips to a Michelin Star restaurant in Dorchester, and various celebrity chefs nearby. Matt Folas of Masterchef Fame (The wild Garlic in Beaminster), Mark Hix Oyster Bar in Lyme Regis and the River Cottage Restaurant in Axminster. The Hive Cafe and The Riverside at West Bay are both very nearby and excellent for sea food.
Our web site has extensive information on pubs, restuarants, family and adult places of interest, visitor attractions etc along with very detailed information on the house, floor plans and pictures etc.
- Booking Notes:
30% Deposit by cheque on booking. Final balance 10 weeks prior to holiday.
Weekly Friday to Friday. Short Breaks; Friday to Monday, Monday to Friday.
Arrival 4pm Departure 10am
Notes on prices:
We do short breaks between October Half term and Easter (excluding xmas, N Year and Feb half term). These are 3 night weekends (Friday to Monday) and 4 night mid week breaks, Monday to Friday. Please refer to our website
www.courtclosedorset.co.uk for further details on both prices and up to date availability.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“I am a passionate fisherman, and countryside lover and this is a great base to enjoy these things. My wife loves antiques and there are plenty of places to browse locally, along with open gardens throughout the summer. When our children were younger there was always plenty to do locally and we obviously have strong family ties with the village.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 en-suite whirlpool bath/shower over, Bathroom 2 en-suite shower room Bathroom 3 en-suite bath/shower over. Bathroom 4 en-suite bath and separate shower. Bathroom 5 en-suite wet room. All bathrooms have underfloor heating.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9/10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 6ft double TV point. Bedroom 2 6ft zip/link TV point. Bedroom 3 5ft double TV point (one side of bed against wall) Bedroom 4 6ft zip/link TV point. Bedroom 5 (ground floor) 6ft zip/link TV. There are 2 TVs for upstairs bedrooms.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We are happy to accept well behaved dogs, maximum of two if not too large! for a small extra charge as long as house rules are adhered to and they are never left alone in the house! We have broadband and there is a land line as there is no mobile reception. 5 Bedrooms all en-suite. 1 Kitchen/Dining Room. 2 Sitting areas. Downstairs Cloakroom. Utility Room. 5 TVs. (Sky package in Sitting room, free view elsewhere)Selection of books, DVD/s and local information. Outside: The garden has mature shrubs and beds and looks out on two sides to paddocks belonging to the owner but occupied by someone else's sheep and horses. The garden pond is fenced , and is situated some distance from the house. There is a small orchard area and a lovely lawn below the terrace area where croquet or badminton can be played. The house has been beautifully renovated for the holiday market, there is plenty of parking and gates can be shut to secure the access onto the road. Utility Room: Washing machine, dryer and sink, access to garden. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen provided. Other: Two hallways with plenty of space for coats, boots etc.