Villa in Acquaviva Picena, Le Marche, Italy - Nature, Quiet, Wonderful View. Free Wine & Oil - Free Private Place On The Beach. Free Maid Service.
This splendid villa is found on an organic farming estate boasting some of the loveliest countryside in Marche and wonderful views. The property is surrounded by vineyards and is reached by a private country lane lined with a mix of cypresses, olives, mulberry trees and oaks. The villa is close to three national parks, Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga, Maiella and the Monti Sibillini, together providing almost 3,000 sq km of uncontaminated countryside and wildlife. Views from the property take all of these parks and the mountains of Abruzzo, Marche-Umbria and Lazio. Very clore there are towns and cities of great cultural, historical importance and beauty - with historical figures and legends: St Francis of Assisi, the mythical Sybil, Guerrin Meschino, painter Raffael and poet Giacomo Leopardi. Photovoltaic panels produce electricity, solar panel hot water and there is a rainwater collection tank. We are green friends.
Free organic red, rose and withe wine; all these wines are produced from the wineyards surrounding the villa. My guests can drink as they can !
Free organic olive oil produced from the olive trees of the villa.
Free umbrellas (3) with sun loungers and beach chairs (12) on the blue flag beach of Grottammare.
Free daily maid service (4 hours a day).
Top Traveller Review
Luxury Family Villa, Perfect Vacation!!!
About the Owner
About Carlo Cicconi
I like very much country life with a touch of comfort and pampering. My villa and apartments are immediately your home even if you stay only a week. I like relax and privacy and you will find them. My astrological sign is the Sagittarius; my house is a Sagittarius: open and ready to fly. The sun will welcome you just from the wall of the house. The moon will remember you that the life has a secret side too. I worked hard and I learned that there are other things too: travels, knowledge, life!
Why Carlo Cicconi chose Ascoli Piceno
It was a very nice place with a wonderful and relaxing landscape.
What makes this villa unique
I especially enjoyed the atmosphere of the place, I could stay hours outdoor just looking trees and plants or reading beneath olive threes lying on my hammock.
(5 traveller reviews)
Luxury Family Villa, Perfect Vacation!!!
Beautiful Villa with everything you heart could desire. It is set in the countryside on a vineyard. approx 20 minutes to everything, restaurants, sightseeing, beaches. Extremely hard to find, impossible without GPS! When they say it's the dirt road and villa with no name, they mean it! Carlo and Michela were wondeful to us, they provided everything we needed for this wonderful vacation. There were 6 adults and 6 teenagers and we all had more than enough room! The housekeeper/cook was amazing! The olive oil and wine were more than fantastic! The beach loungers at Grottomare and bicycles on the beach were an added bonus. Couldn't ask for anything more! My only thing that I really disliked was the 2 km, one lane, dusty, pot hole, dirt road leading to the villa on the edge of a cliff. Not for the faint of heart. The cars take a beating to and from. If another car is on the dirt road, one car has to back up to a safe place where they could pass. Would definitely recommend this villa and would love to stay there again! The owner has another villa on the same raod that looks just as beauiful, I believe they are apartments for smaller number of people
The house with no name.
It has to be said that the first time that you drive to the house with no name, you might think that you have taken the wrong turning! The road is a track, but don’t worry, it is being improved! Follow the instructions – you’ll be fine.
Four of us, two couples , rented Carlo’s house this Spring knowing that it would be too big for us, but we liked the look of the place on Owners Direct, and got more information by emailing Carlo. Even his emails have a lovely Italian accent!
The setting of the house is magnificent. Surrounded by picturesque rolling hills, neat vineyards, olive groves and grassland. Every hilltop has a dwelling perched on top: farmhouses, private houses and a few holiday homes. In the distance, the Gran Sasso, a spectacular mountain range, still covered in snow in May, and a wonderful sight at dawn and dusk.
A fresh country loaf, a whole local cheese and a cold bottle of Prosecco were on the table to welcome us. The house is an old stone farmhouse, full of cool Italian design. The huge living space has an eclectic mix of antique and modern, with a superb kitchen. The upper floors are slung on a huge brightly painted girder, with smart bedrooms and bathrooms. Style and imagination abound: wooden or tiled floors and quality linen and towels.
We ate our meals on the big terrace looking at the wonderful views. The pool is close to the house and is checked daily by Marino who doesn’t speak English, but who smiles a lot!
The pièce de resistance was the cantina underneath the terrace. Four gleaming steel barrels: red, rosé and white wines and beautiful olive oil, all produced nearby, and literally on tap, so to speak! Halfway through dinner, one of us would wander down, empty carafe in hand for a re-fill. What a treat!
The only disadvantage of the house is that there is no shop or restaurant within walking distance, so we chose to bypass the local village and drove 20 minutes down to the coast where there are restaurants and decent supermarkets. We collected Carlo’s bikes from his friend’s beach restaurant and cycled for miles along the coastal cycle path, working up an appetite for fresh fish and more Prosecco.
We found a little gem in Via Catullo in San Benedetto - a tiny restaurant (un ristorantino) called Amarcord. Five or six interesting courses for an extremely modest price - great value and a recommended experience.
Altogether, a great week in a stylish home in a beautiful location. Perfetto!!
D&P, G&G from Cambridge
best family holiday ever
We can not praise this villa enough. We were a family of 8 adults 2 children 2 babies and a dog and there was ample space for all. The villa had a most picturesque outlook and being situated at the end of a long lane, very quiet. It had everything we could want - lovely clean pool with ample sun beds, jacquzi, gardens, plenty of terracing for outdoor dining and delicious wine and olive oil on tap!
The host Carlo was exceptionally helpful and friendly. He provided us with a wonderful cook who served us 2 exquisite meals in the villa.
All in all a superb family holiday. Thanks again Carlo.
Even Better Than It Looks!
I stayed at this beautiful villa for two weeks with my husband and three children (11,19,21). We had a fabulous family vacation! The villa was beautiful and very well equipped with everything you could need; however, if you are missing something Carlo and Sandra will have it for you in a jiffy. The wine and olive oil were delicious. We had the housekeeper come daily, which may have been the best part of the trip for me! She did laundry, cleaned, and cooked local specialties. Just thinking about the food in Italy makes me hungry. We enjoyed the local towns and restaurants that Carlo suggested. We visited the beach, many le Marche towns, and historical ruins. Favorite towns were Macerata and Urbs Salvia. We also enjoyed the outlet shoe shopping. What merchandise! My sons did some hiking and we thought the beach club at Grottamare was wonderful. In addition to the beach you can eat at Il Grecale...we did more than once. Biking along the "boardwalk" was a blast. My sons now want to put in a sauna at home because they loved the one at the villa so much. Don't wait another minute. Book this villa before it's gone!
This is a lovely villa in a beautiful location. The drive up the villa is a little hairy the first time but is truely worth it for the views and the space. You can not even hear your nearest neighbours. The wine is first rate as is the olive oil. Carlo is welcoming and helpful and the villa has everything you could need plus a fabulous icemaker! The sunbeds and bikes on the beach really add to the experience and take the hassle out of groups travelling separately. I loved every minute of our stay, as did all of our group. I would certainly return.
From the Owner
“It was a very nice place with a wonderful and relaxing landscape.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Free use of umbrellas and deck chairs by the sea of Grottammare.
In one of the most nice bathing establishment of the Grottammare beach you will have a private area with 3 umbrellas, 12 between sun beds and beach chairs and great speace for children to play.
Grottammare beach is one of the european Blue Flag beach following the strict criteria dealing with Blue Flag Programme owned and run by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE).
Free use of 6 bicycles on the 20 kms of cycling roads running along the see from the Tronto river to the Menocchia one.
Free use of 6 mountain bike to run around the hills surrounding the villa.
Free use of the summer vegetable garden (tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, spinach, peppers lettuce and other vegetables) and of the garden with rosemary, sage, parsley, marjoram, mint, basil and other herbs for cooking.
A fifteen minute drive away there are the popular Adriatic resorts of San Benedetto del Tronto, with its long seafront and wide promenades lined with hundreds of palm trees, and the smaller resort of Grottammare.
Here you can enjoy the mile upon mile of wide sandy beaches and tranquil seas, or relax at one of the many beach side chalets, where wonderful seafood dishes can be washed down with a cool glass of the local Falerio or Pecorino chilled white wines.
FREE UMBRELLAS, DECK CHAIRS, BIKES !
Ancona: Raffaello Sanzio airport; 90km far.
Pescara: Aereoporto Internazionale d'Abruzzo airport; 75km far.
If guests don't arrive by their car they need to hire one.
All around there are medieval small towns: Acquaviva (5km), Monteprandone (6km), Ripatransone (8km), Offida (11km), Castignano (18km), Montalto Marche (25km) that in the past were very important with deep traditions and important history. In summer period each of them has medieval representation or jazz and opera evenings.
Ascoli Piceno (30km), Norcia (80 km), Spoleto (120km), Perugia (170km), Urbino (190) are well known for their history and monuments.
Many restaurants are available all around in the country and in small towns.
the closest is 4 km far; the closer shop is 2 km far; the closer supermarket is 4 km far.
Free organic olive oil.
You will have free organic olive oil from the olive trees you can see in front of you (my 200 olive trees around the villa)!
Free organic red and white wine.
You will have (as you can drink!) free organic red and white wines from the wineyard surrounding the villa.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Apr 2017 - 1 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Jul 2017 - 26 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
27 Aug 2017 - 16 Dec 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% of total amount has to be sent by bank at the reservation as deposit, the balance has to be sent 60 days before the arrival date by bank too.
The guest will have reimbursement for cancellations if it is made 4 months before the date of arrival otherwise he will lose his deposit.
No caution deposit is required.
If the reservation has been made less than 60 days before the arrival date the guest has to send by bank the full amount of the payment.
Changeover day: Saturday.
This changeover day is flexible.
Arrival time: from 4pm to 8pm for late arrival contact the owner.
Departure time: before 10am.
Notes on prices:
The price include everything:
electricity, gas, water, wood, airco, wifi, private seaside place with umbrellas, sun beds, beach chairs, 6 bikes on the seaside + 6 mountain bikes on the hills, olive oil as you need, red, rose and white wine as you can drink, use of the spa and of vegetables and cooking herbs gardens; daily cleaning of the swimming pool, daily maid service and final cleaning.
In the weeks of april and november Nothing on the seaside and no swimming pool --yes sauna and jacuzzi
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“I especially enjoyed the atmosphere of the place, I could stay hours outdoor just looking trees and plants or reading beneath olive threes lying on my hammock.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- winery tours
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- roller blading
- 440 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Each bedroom has its own bathroom with sink, wc, bidet. Bathrooms of bedrooms 1 and 2 have cast iron bath and chest. Bathrooms of bedrooms 3, 5 and 6 have showers. Bathroom of bedroom 4 has large shower and washing machine. Sauna has shower + wc bathroom
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, in the outbuilding 10 meters outside the villa
- Bedroom 6 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, in the outbuilding 10 meters outside the villa
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 14 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: First floor: Bedroom 1: Master, king size bed, fireplace, AC. Bedroom 2: 2 beds, AC. Second floor: Bedroom 3: 2 beds, fireplace, AC, sitting room + 1 bed. Ground floor: Bedroom 4, 1 king size bed+1 bed, AC. Dependences. Bedrooms 5-6: kingsize beds, AC.
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- 12 bicycles
- My guests can freely use the heated pool, the sauna and the spa with a large jacuzzi bathtube. The spa in inside a lovely 45 square meters glass house (10 meters from the villa) that in winter time can be closed by large windows and can be heated by a fireplace. From June to September the spa is open to the garden. The swimming pool heating system ensures a minimum water temperature between 25 and 28 degrees even in the days of may and october in which the pool is covered from 8 pm to 8 am to ensure the proper functioning of the water heating system. The large Jacuzzi bathtube inside the spa has a constant water temperature of 37 degrees celtius and an automatic system of heating, filtering and recycling of water. Every day the swimming pool and the spa are checked and cleaned. There are many books and many movies in english. Outside: The villa is inserted in a very large garden, with wood, of about 5,000sq.m. The east side has an entrance garden of about 600sq.m with covered parking. In the southern side there is a 10,000 square metres olive. The northern side has the garden with 2 dependences. All around those gardens there are vineyards and woods. 4X12 private heated swimming pool surrounded by roses, olive and cypress has two nice gazebos, deckchairs and all the hills, mountains and vineyards around. The swimming pool as a whirpool system and waterfall. In the garden there is a fantastic spa (big Jacuzzi bathtube and relax area). The sauna is in a cave. The outdoor furniture includes sofas, tables, chairs and hammocks. There is a stone barbecue with sink and a trough for animals. In the estate in which is found the villa there is a country house (350 metres far) with swimming pool, that belong to the same property, rented for vacation too. Normally there are guest from England, Netherlands, Germany, Finland. Utility Room: A big, well equipped, 5 doors wardrobe, is at the first floor. Well equipped 3 doors wardrobe is in the master bedroom, chests are in the other 3 rooms of the main building. Small wardrobe are in the dependences' bedrooms. Understairs rooms for stuff. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen towels, fine linen sheets, bathrobes, terry towel and beach towels are included and changed at least ONCE a week (my guest may request more frequent linen changes at no additional cost). FREE DAILY MAID SERVICE (4h a day) it includes general housekeeping and cleaning. Every day she quickly cleans the Villa. Few times a week she can cook instead of cleaning if so agreed. All at no additional cost. Other: The room n. 3 (second floor) is very special: glass and steel; sitting room with fireplace. The sky directly above you. 150 sq.m breezy patio enlarge the big dining room. The glass room with jacuzzi and the sauna are your wellness center.