House in Flayosc nr. Lorgues, Var, Provence. Lends Itself To A Stunningly Peacefuul Environment All Year Round
The property comprises of five bedrooms---only four are available to rent--three bathrooms, dining room, kitchen, sitting room, study and cloak room all of which are spread over three floors. The ground floor, a spacious open plan area with French doors leading out to a large terrace running the length of the house, joins the sitting room, dining room and kitchen areas. The first floor contains the master bedroom and bathroom and a double bedroom and bathroom.The second floor contains the one twin bedroom and a double bedroom with shared shower room.
The swimming pool area is accessed from the front terrace or by way of the study.
About the Owner
The property was originally built in the mid 1800s as a shepherds cottage. Subsequent owners have enlarged/modified it, as have the current owners who have added two bedrooms, giving five in all but only four are available for letting purposes.
They have also recently purchased a further five acres of land (ten acres in total) so as to protect the privacy and tranquility of the property.
The house is very comfortable and well furnished
Guestbook comments from the owner
'What a lovely place--we had such a good holiday - very quiet and peaceful and the house was fabulous.'
'We enjoyed our first stay in Provence. You have a beautiful house with a magnificent view. Thank you for sharing your property.'
'What a lovely and spacious house from which to explore the region. Your eye for design and beauty is obvious throughout this marvellous place. The Gorge du Verdon and the villages are wonderful to explore.'
'We had a wondeful holiday at your beautiful Mes. We loved the view and smell of the flowers and it was very quiet.'
From the Owner
“The property is situated about twenty minutes stroll from the village of Flayosc. It sits on a side of a hill, in total peace and tranquility, with very picturesque views of the distant hills and vineyards. In the immediate vicinity of the property, there are only four other houses and a small vineyard and olive groves. The total population of Flayosc is 3200. The village itself is well equipped with supermarkets (small), bakeries, hairdressers, gift shops, restaurants, bank, post office, dental practices and doctors. It is situated about 5 kilometres from the major town of Draguignan where all the major shopping facilities are located.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beaches are in the St.Tropez area and are approximately (dependent on traffic) an hours drive from the house.
The nearest airports are:
Nice: 79 miles.
Toulon: 57 miles.
Various distances from the property:
Flayosc: 1.25 miles.
Lorgues: 5 miles.
Draguignan: 7 miles.
Lac de Ste. Croix: 19 miles.
Gorge du Verdon: 19 miles.
St Tropez: 44 miles.
Toulon: 57 miles.
Flayosc is a very quaint little village and provides numerous shopping and eating facilities including, various restaurants and bars, two small s/markets, two bakeries, delicatessen, green grocer, gift shops, pharmacy, post office, and bank.
There are many beautiful towns and villages to visit including Cotignac, Salernes, Villecroze and Tourtour known as the village in the sky. Entrecasteaux with its marvellous chateau, gardens and the 12th century Cistercian monestry, Abbey Thoronet, are worth a visit. The Gorge de Verdon and Lac de Ste Croix are spectacular and offer various activities from wind surfing to hiking to mountain biking.
Most villages hold weekly markets the best of these is the one held at Lorgues on Tuesdays.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 30% of the total cost is required on confirmation of the reservation and the balance is required eight weeks prior to arrival.
Weekly laundry and cleaning costs are for the account of the owner of the property.
The changeover day is Saturday and departure should be at 10am on the day of departure.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We purchased the property for three main reasons. It's geographic position offering incredible tranquility and picturesque views, ease of access to the local village and pollution free. Other benefits include the proximity of the main airports--Nice at one hour twenty minutes drive,Toulon at one hour ten minutes drive and Marseille at just under two hours drive.The main line train station, Les Arcs, is half an hour's drive away and serves access to Canne,Nice, Monte Carlo, Italy, Marseille/London/Paris etc. We are also within easy reach of golf courses, tennis facilities, fishing-coarse and wild-- and the numerous and popular market days that take place each week, in various surrounding villages. There are many vineyards available for visiting in the immediate vicinity with very reasonable pricing of their respective products.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- live theatre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1: en-suite bathroom with walk in Moroccan style shower, WC. Bedroom 2: en-suite bathroom-bath with separate shower unit, WC. Bedrooms 3 and 4 share shower room, WC.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: double bed - 1.80m. Bedroom 2: double bed - 1.40m. Bedroom 3: double bed - 1.40m. Bedroom 4: twin beds - 0.90m. All windows in bedrooms have fly protection screens attached
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property is well suited to children of all ages. It would be unsuitable for anyone suffering from mobility problems due to the need to access the upper floors by way of the staircases. Outside: The property is situated on ten acres of landscaped terrain and woodland, containing mostly aged olive trees and looks out onto delightful scenic views of the surrounding hills and vineyards. The distant mountains and sea can be seen, on clear days, from the top of the land. The swimming pool of 10 x 4m is situated next to the house and is encircled by a large tiled sunbathing terrace with two pergolas, all of which offer a superb view of the hills and woodlands in the region. The pool area is completely enclosed and secure with railings,a stone wall and gates. There are ample sun loungers available. The large terrace in front of the house has a table with a seating capacity for twelve people and there are also benches and tables. At one side of the terrace, there is a large pergola for outdoor dining if required with a seating capacity of fourteen. A large portable BBQ is also available. Utility Room: The ground floor cloak room consists of a large basin and washing machine, with a WC. leading off it. Lots of hanging space for coats etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels including swimming towels are included and are changed each week. The property is meticulously cleaned each week.