Sunny Loft Apartment in Notting Hill on a Garden Square in London, England - Moments From The Market, Cafes And Boutiques Of Portobello
My flat is on the 3rd (top) floor of a classic white stucco period building in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, in the heart of Notting Hill village with Portobello market, and countless great restaurants, cafes, delis, fashion boutiques, flower stalls, bookshops and antiques stores, right on the doorstep. With 10 windows and 2 sky lights, it's fantastically sunny and bright even on a grey day (!) It has 1 bedroom (with a king size bed) that overlooks one of Notting Hill's famously, beautiful private communal gardens (as featured in the movie 'Notting Hill'!), so it's surprisingly quiet. There is a separate loft area over the living room that can be accessed up a wall ladder. On the sleeping platform is a double futon bed. Its very comfortable but not for the faint-hearted! The bathroom has been done to a high spec and has a bath with shower overhead. The kitchen has been recently renovated, but still has a slightly farmhouse vibe! There is direct access to the garden from the back of the building. An oasis right in the middle of London - the perfect place for a picnic, chilling and reading a book or enjoying a sun downer. Fantastic transport links - West End in 10 mins. Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park (w pedallos and row boats on the Serpentine and the famous Serpentine Gallery) - 10 mins walk. Holland Park - 10 mins walk. Brand Museum - 5 mins walk
I have created a book with recommendations for my favourite places to eat and shop, favourite pubs, parks, bookshops, cinemas etc. which will be waiting for you in the flat so that you really can 'live like a local'!
Top Traveller Review
Thank you Lucy!!
About the Owner
I live with my boyfriend and work as a fashion art director for companies both in the UK and the USA. I travel a lot for work and love living in London. I spent 5 years in New York and it still feels like my home from home.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Fabulous! Thoroughly enjoyed the vast stock of books, the wonderful neighborhood and the kindness of the owner. If you are thinking about renting this flat - Just Do It! Pack light it is a 3 story walk up! Thank you and hope to see you again soon. Gayle L, USA
Our stay in London was perfect, the apartment was absolutely delightful and comfortable, it satisfied all our expectations.The landlady was really nice and welcoming with us. The neighborhood is beautiful, perfect to walk around in peace, do some shopping and stop for a tea.The house is also well connected to transports, direct buses to Victoria and a tube at 5 minutes walking distance. Spending there our holidays gave us the possibility to live London in a new and pleasant way. Rosella B, Italy
Our stay in London was really great. Location perfect for getting around, bus stop opposite, tube stations a 5min walk. Flat had everything we needed. Would highly recommend. Happy Client.Gerry H, Australia
4.8 based on 12 holidaymaker reviews
The flat is just as shown... bright and lovely in a wonderful location. We felt right at home and will ask for it again when we come back. Lucy met us at 7am to let us In and show us how everything worked. We were able to text her with questions as well. We were even able to attend the Guy Fawkes party in the communal garden... complete with paella and fireworks!
Thank you Lucy!!
Stellar location with numerous amenities...
We enjoyed the place very much. Again, the location was perfect for us. Quiet neighborhood but also close enough to interesting locales. Also very convenient to have a bus station across the street. Comfortable bed, helpful to have a washer/dryer. We enjoyed reading some of the books in the library and listening to various CDs. We enjoyed staying here very much.
Beautiful , charming apartment in nice area convenient to restaurants, shops and Portobello road. Overlooks and has access to the private garden. Lucy is very communicative and check in was simple. We loved our stay!!
We had a wonderful week in the light filled loft in Notting Hill. The accommodation was very suitable with comfortable furnishings and an adequate kitchen. The bath was recently renovated and was lovely. The loft was a bit dusty as it is probably not used all that frequently. Overall an excellent value and great location for exploring London
Fabulous location and accomodations!
Clean, lovely, beautifully situated. Lovely garden at the back window in the middle of a busy trendy area. Felt quite fortunate.
Comfortable Oasis to Recharge
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this lovely flat. The apartment is bright, beautifully decorated, and ideally located. We had a great time dining at the local restaurants - PizzaEast (the pork belly pizza was out of this world), The Castle (fish & chips were so good), Gails (the pastries & coffee were top notch), and the Grocer on Elgin (scrumptious take away), strolling the Portobello Market to pick out treasures, and walking the neighborhood checking out the local shops and adorable houses. It's a quick jaunt to hop on the Tube from either Ladbroke Grove or Notting Hill Gate. The bed is really comfortable to boot! The garden is so quiet and beautiful and worth spending time in. The flat is on the top floor so if you have mobility issues, it could prove a challenge or for those in not the best shape, a good work out. Lucy was very accommodating and has really set up a wonderful oasis for her guests.
From the Owner
“My flat is right in the heart of Notting Hill village, with portobello market, as well as countless great restaurants, cafes, delis, fashion boutiques, flower stalls, bookshops and antiques stores, right on the doorstep.”
Activity and Interests
Excellent public transport. 10 mins walk from Notting Hill tube (central, circle and district lines - direct to Victoria for Gatwick Express & direct to Liverpool Street for Stanstead Express) also West End etc. 5 mins walk from Ladbroke Grove tube (circle, hammersmith & city lines).Plenty of bus routes with stops nearby. 10 mins by cab or bus to Paddington (for the Heathrow Express), and there's a Boris bike terminal in the next street. Airport transfers can be arranged.
Retail heaven! Bond Street and Oxford Street in 8-10 mins on the central line from Notting Hill tube.
Brand Museum - 3 mins walk (Ledbury Mews).
Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park and Holland Park - 15 mins walk or 5 mins by cab.
Natural History Museum, V&A Museum, Science Museum, Harrods etc, 20 mins
Super easy to get to Heathrow, Gatwick or Stanstead via public transport.
There is so much going on in the area I don't know where to begin. There's the world famous Portobello market of course which is about a 1 minute walk. Plus there are gazillions of great shops, restaurants, cafes, delis etc...on Westbourne Grove, Kensington Park Road, Ledbury Road etc...none of which are more than a 3 or 4 minute walk from the flat. There are good local services - eg several banks, a couple of post offices etc... this flat is seriously well located! For a spot more retail therapy jump on the tube and head to Bond Street (4 stops = 8 mins) for the world's finest luxury goods brands and for Selfridges Department Store or to Oxford Street (5 stops = 10 mins) to high street favourites such as the Top Shop flagship store, H&M, Nike Superstore etc...
There is a file of my personal suggestions of fun things to do in the area, and in other parts of London, waiting for you in my flat, as well as several guide books which you can use whilst you're staying.
If you want to swim, go to the gym or play tennis whilst you're in the city there are very good local facilities. Plus of course some fantastic parks to run in. London has soooooooo much to offer, so JUST ENJOY IT!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
I CANNOT HOLD BOOKINGS WITHOUT PAYMENT - SORRY!
Please contact me via email or text.
Flexible - we'll find a way to make it work. Check in is from 3.00pm and check out is at 10.00am. (tho I will be as flexible as I can if there's nobody moving in / out immediately before / after you!)
Notes on prices:
Prices are quoted in GB pounds.
There is a £30 cleaning fee.
There is a £15 per night surcharge for a 3rd person.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Great public transport links to the rest of London.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- city centre
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom (recently redecorated to spa-like standard!) with bath and overhead power shower, wc & sink.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed (TV and DVD player). Separate sleeping loft over sitting room, with double futon. Suitable for a couple, or for friends who want to sleep separately.
- Notes on accommodation: Ideal for a couple or 2 friends if you use the double futon on the sleeping loft (which is accessed by fixed wall ladder from the living area. It's very comfortable and a bit like being on a boat, but not suitable for very young children or anybody with mobility issues!)The double bedroom is east facing and has uninterrupted views over one of Notting Hill's famously beautiful private communal gardens, so it is very quiet (but for the birdsong!) and sunny. The best of both worlds - a sun-filled flat with nobody stomping around on top of you, and direct access from the building to a 3 acre private garden! A great base for a holiday / city break or a longer stay - i.e, a sabbatical. The flat is no smoking and pets are not allowed I'm afraid. Great transport links. West facing living / dining room with amazing views of sunsets over London. Outside: Fabulous private communal garden as featured in the movie, 'Notting Hill'. It's vast - the length and width of an entire block, and planted with mature trees, flowers, and shrubs. For kids there are swings and a wooden climbing frame discretely placed at the Ladbroke Grove end of the garden. This is truly an oasis in the middle of one of the prettiest and most vibrant parts of London. Totally safe and secluded. The perfect place for a picnic, a sundowner or just a place to unwind after a long day pounding the streets of London. Pure magic. Utility Room: Washer dryer in cupboard outside bathroom. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Good quality towels (fluffy not threadbare!) and crisp cotton bedlinen are included. If you stay for more than a week the property can be cleaned and the bedlinen and towels changed at additional cost of £30 for 3 hours.