House in Dulverton, Exmoor National Park, Somerset, England - Well Tended Gardens Against a Woodland Backdrop on the Edge of the Barle Valley
Sensitively restored, the house is little altered since Victorian times and many original features, such as servants bells and the butlers bath stowed in a cupboard make Northmoor a fascinating place to stay and explore. The large kitchen offers ample modern facilities to cater for all occupants during your stay. The billiards room, along with table tennis, darts and table football will provide plenty of indoor entertainment. A disabled access bathroom and bedroom on the ground floor, and no steps throughout the ground floor, mean that Northmoor can be enjoyed by all.
About the Owner
Ralph and Suzanne Nicholson. Now managed by our daughter Melinda.
Guestbook comments from the manager
"This weekend has given us a genuine taste of how these Victorians lived. Celebrating my 40th birthday here has been the best birthday anyone could ever want. Too say the house is awesome is an understatement, its decor, originality and history make it so unique. Thanks for a superb stay."
Activity and Interests
The coast is half an hours drive away, via an exploration of Exmoor National Park.
Exeter Airport, 40 miles. Use of a car is essential.
Dulverton with three pubs, Co-op, tea rooms, Exmoor Visitor Centre etc 1.5 miles. Minehead (and coast) 20 miles.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit secures the booking, with balance due two months before arrival.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- There are 7 bathrooms, most with roll top baths and 2 with showers over the bath. The downstairs bathroom is with disabled access. There are 2 additional toilets, with genuine wooden Victorian toilets installed in 1857.
- 13 Bedrooms, Sleeps 28
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 13
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Bedroom 10
- Bedroom 11
- Bedroom 12
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 24 (13 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: There are 5 double rooms, 6 twin singles and 2 single rooms. This includes a disabled access bathroom and bedroom downstairs. The lack of any steps on the ground floor means that Northmoor can be enjoyed by all.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The extensive well tended gardens are for your private use. There is a large walled garden, the remains of an extensive network of Victorian greenhouses, a croquet lawn and small football pitch. A barbecue and outdoor furniture are supplied. Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble dryer available for your use. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided. If booked for more then one week, cleaning and change of towels and linen provided at the end of the first week. Other: Three games rooms with snooker, pool, table football and table tennis will provide plenty of entertainment.