Cottage in Reedham, Nr. Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England - Idyllic Location, Charming Village, Immediate Riverfront
This recently refurbished, well maintained cottage provides you with everything you need for a little R & R. Unwind in the restful living room, entertain in the kitchen/dining room, sleep-in in one of the 5 bedrooms, chill with your favourite book in the garden, or just watch the world go by from the sun-room upstairs. The property has wi fi. Downstairs has been made wheelchair friendly including a downstairs bedroom with en-suite. The 150 year old house still retains an original flint wall, lending character to the partly beamed home. The finishes are clean and modern and there is more than enough space to house 10 guests comfortably. Dedicated parking for 3 vehicles. Local shops and 3 village pubs - all within walking distance, and all serve excellent food. Within a short drive are beaches, Pettitts Animal Adventure Park (great for kids) and the RSPB Reserve, though you can just as easily watch the local wildlife on the River Yare from the prime location of the upper sun-room at Briars.
About the Owner
Briars is our family owned and run property and we handle all aspects of the booking ourselves. We have grown up spending a lot of time in the Norfolk area and can help make recommendations of things to do - if you need a helping hand! We know what standards we expect from rental properties when we go away, and we hope to exceed your expectations with our cottage.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Just to let you know we had a lovely stay at Briars. The property was ideal for our mixed group, including Mum's carer. It was immaculately clean and very comfortable. We invited Mum's relatives over to see her on her birthday which worked very well. As the trip was really for mum it was a shame we could not explore the area more but what an excellent excuse to go back! So, many thanks, we will be back! Guests from Ipswich
Perfect for our girly getaway! The house was beautiful and in a great spot (loved that the pub was only across the road!). The location totally lent itself to our weekend of relaxation - great walks, lovely views etc. and the house had everything we needed. We will definitely be back! Thank you!! The Putney Girls, London
Thank you for a great week. A lovely house and superb location. Will recommend it to our friends. Mr & Mrs Fisher from Hereford
From the Owner
“Our family has always been in this region and so when this property came up a few years ago, we jumped on the opportunity of having a holiday cottage in the area. We like to think that other people will be able to enjoy the things that Norfolk has to offer and that we have so enjoyed over the years - the great farm produce, the abundant nature, the history, the Broads, the beaches and the fish and chips!”
Activity and Interests
There are plenty of beaches to explore - all within a short drive away (as little as 15 minutes). Great Yarmouth is the obvious choice with a family as there are so many things to do along the front (donkey rides, fairgrounds, arcades, leisure centre) but there are a wealth of quieter beaches that can be found to the north. Lots of lovely walks to do in the area - in the house you will find a booklet of things to do including the number for a local walking tour.
Nearest Airport: Norwich 30km.
Railway: Reedham 1km.
Ferry: Harwich 130km.
Use of car is advisable and recommended - unless you arrive by boat(!). Even if you plan to do lots of walking, having a car is useful for any shopping or exploring you may need to do.
Great Yarmouth is approximately 13km and has many attractions - though it will get very busy in peak summer periods. Norwich is within half an hour's drive and is a very interesting, historical city. The Cathedral is worth visiting, as are the medieval castles and antique areas. There are also wildlife reserves and parks close to the cottage - suitable for all the family!
A summary of the nearby attractions include Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park, Pleasure Beach Leisure Park, BeWilderwood Adventure Park, The Old Vicarage Garden Centre, Africa Alive! Adventure Park, City of Norwich Aviation Museum, Britannia Pier, Nelson Museum, Broads Tours, Fairhaven Woodland & Water Garden, Dragon Hall Historic House, Yarmouth Stadium, Broadland Cycle Hire, Royal Norfolk Regimental Museum, Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens, Fritton Lake Countryworld, Norfolk Sketches at Wroxham Barns, Great Yarmouth Racecourse, Harleston Gallery, Norfolk Broads Yacht Training Centre, Hoveton Hall Gardens, The Playbarn Adventure Park, Merrivale Model Village, Norfolk & Norwich Festival, NWT Hickling Broad Nature Reserve, NWT Ranworth Broad Nature Reserve, Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery, Norwich Cathedral, Wroxham Barns, Broadland Arts Centre, Great Yarmouth Potteries, Redwings Horse Sanctuary, Pettitts Animal Adventure Park, Time & Tide Museum, Somerleyton Hall & Gardens, Regent Bowl, Great Yarmouth Sealife Centre, RAF Air Defence Radar Museum, The Museum of the Broads, Hippodrome Circus.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
22 Oct 2016 - 4 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
5 Nov 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Christmas & New Year
18 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
To secure your booking, a 25% non-refundable deposit is needed. The balance of the total amount will then be due and payable eight weeks before the booking date.
Changeover Day is usually a Saturday, but depending on the time of year, we are happy to be flexible if it suits our other bookings. Please contact us if you have a request.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Having the Broads on your doorstep helps you to unwind. 3 local pubs within walking distance is very convenient! Plenty of lovely walks to do in the area. Close enough to the coast, with the added bonus of being able to escape from the crowds to your own little haven in the evening.”
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- near the sea
- live theatre
- theme parks
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- pier fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Cloakroom - wc & basin, downstairs bathroom - wc (with rails), basin and extra large shower. Ample turning space for wheelchair in bathroom. Family bathroom - wc, basin & bath (with shower fitting). En-suites to Bedrooms 3 & 4 - wc, basin & shower.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Downstairs: Bedroom - Single bed with pull-out trundle that elevates to normal bed height. Upstairs: Bedroom 1 - Twin beds. Bedroom 2 - Double. Bedroom 3 - Twin beds. Bedroom 4 - Double.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: If you would like to bring a well-behaved dog with you, you may - but please contact us first to make arrangements. Outside: The private rear patio has garden furniture, along with a small garden room off the kitchen. The front garden is also private and is enclosed. It is just across the (generally) very quiet road and beyond the private parking area. Please note that the garden is immediate waterfront (no fence between grass and water's edge) and as it is a mooring, it cannot be fenced off, so please make sure children are supervised AT ALL TIMES as we cannot accept any responsibility for any accidents that occur. Please also exercise caution with children when the front door is open as it does lead onto the road - although normally very quiet. Thank you. Utility Room: Central heating, iron, hairdryer. Travel cot, stair-gate and highchair available upon request. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are provided. Property is cleaned on the day you vacate - however, if you are staying for more than 8 nights, a mid-week mini-clean and linen change is available upon request for no extra charge. Other: Games room separate to main house, but only accessible from the back garden so very safe for kids. Contains table tennis table, table football table, sofas and a small stereo. Good rumpus room!