House in Xaghra, Island of Gozo, Malta - Quiet Location Close To Village Square And Local Amenities
'Tal Mohba', Maltese for Hiding Place, is a small character house, tucked away in a quiet lane, only a 5 minute walk from the village square. Converted from a traditional stone farm building, it still retains many charming original features including exposed beams, niches and mangers. The lovely planted courtyard provides a shaded area for alfresco dining whereas the roof terrace affords all day sunshine - the jacuzzi is ideal to plunge into to cool down and relax. An idyllic way to end the day is to lounge in the jacuzzi with a chilled glass of wine and watch the sun set over beautiful Gozo.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'First of many visits to a gorgeous island and this tranquil house. Loved Ramla Bay, loved the jacuzzi, loved my holiday.' - V Mallard.
'We found it was everything we were hoping for in a relaxing holiday...thanks for letting us share your little piece of heaven on Gozo.' - D & C Casswell
'Lovely relaxing week. Friendly village, made to feel welcome everywhere. The house has a homely feel. Love the jacuzzi!' - M Smith.
4.5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Great house, great location
Recently returned from a weeks stay in this charming house. Xaghra is a in a great location being within easy reach of the beach and Victoria, we'll served by local buses and having it's own interesting places to visit as we'll. Loved the village square which hosted 3 events in the week we were there. The house is comfortable, clean and we'll equipped. The only issue we had was that the ceiling fans were not enough in August. Linda and her partner were most pleasant and helpful, collecting us from the ferry and providing useful information. Would love to visit again, at a cooler time of year
Xaghra Gozo house
This was the fifth time we had stayed in Xaghra and the best house.It can sleep 4 but is great for (as we were) 2. The rooftop with sun beds and jacuzzi is not overlooked, good for a spell after being out most of the day.Two showers as well!
It is perhaps 10 minutes walk from the square where you can admire the driving and choose from(or visit all) 7 bars/restaurants.
Alternatively, if you choose to cook, the kitchen is fully equipped, with space outside or indoors to enjoy.
Linda(owner) met us on arrival and was excellent with hints and telephone helpline if needed(we didn't).
The only possible downside, for some, would be the spiral staircases. We are in our 60s and we're fine ,but don't run! Not suitable for the infirm.
We recommend this property wholeheartedly, so long as no one books it when we want to return!
This house was very attractive & interesting in terms of design & decor. It was very clean & had good facilities. It does not have air conditioning but does have fans, including one bedroom ceiling fan. Perhaps more mosquito killing lamps would have been useful. Never the less it was a charming place. We would definitely recommend it to friends & family.
The owner is very pleasant & helpful.
There is plenty to do on Gozo & we had an excellent holiday. Our favourite place was the Inland Sea & Azure Window. We had a boat trip around the coastline there. One day was spent on the Blue Lagoon Day Cruise; all around Gozo & to Comino; swimming from the boat - wonderful & good value for money. We went by ferry to Malta a couple of times too, visiting Valletta, Mdina & Prehistoric temples. Favourite restaurant for a special meal was Patrick's, Victoria.
We hired a car for our two week stay & were really glad of the flexibility this gave us.
Activity and Interests
The beautiful red gold sand beach of Ramla is a 10 minute drive from the property. The popular seaside town of Marsalforn has many fine restaurants and bars and is less than 10 minutes drive down the valley from the property. There are also many quiet coves and bays around the island to explore where you can swim and sunbathe in seclusion.
From Malta International Airport it is a 40 minute drive to the ferry at Cirkewwa. The crossing is 25 minutes then a 10 minute drive.
Taxi transfer from the airport to the ferry can be arranged for you for under 35 euros.
Car hire is reasonably priced and cars can be collected from the airport or Mgarr harbour on Gozo.
If you do not want to drive the local buses are inexpensive and efficient. Walking and cycling are also options for the energetic! Cycle hire is available on the island.
Xaghra is situated in the middle of the island so nowhere is more than 20 minutes drive away.
The main town Victoria, with its historic Citadel and market, is walking distance (down a steep hill) or a five minute drive.
Xaghra square is the lively hub of the village, offering a wide choice of cafes, bars and restaurants which are open until late evening. Only a 5-7 minute walk from the house, it is very convenient for an evening meal or a drink.
There is a small supermarket 2 minutes walk from the house. Around the village square you will find excellent restaurants, cafes, bars, banks, chemist, bakery and stalls selling fresh local produce.
There are a range of activities available including sailing, water sports, rock climbing and horse riding.
Gozo is renowned for its dive sites. There are many dive centres offering guided dives or tanks and air fills for experienced divers.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 21 Dec 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
22 Dec 2016 - 4 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Prices are in Euros and a 50% non refundable deposit is payable once booking is confirmed, the balance due 8 weeks before travel.
Please note that it is not possible to accept check ins for people arriving in Gozo later than 10pm.
Changeover day and arrival and departure time is flexible according to availability.
Please contact me with your plans and I will be as accommodating as possible.
Notes on prices:
Discounts are available for lettings over 21 days. Please enquire for prices. Late bookings may be possible, please enquire.
Deposit payment of 25% of the total booking will secure your dates and is payable immediately. The balance is due 8 weeks before your arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- live theatre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- bay fishing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to each bedroom with shower, w/c and basin. Ground floor cloakroom with w/c and basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size orthopaedic bed, ceiling fan, opens onto sun terrace. Small en-suite with shower, w/c and basin. Bedroom 2 with twin beds, ceiling fan. Small en-suite with shower, w/c and basin.
- Notes on accommodation: The bedrooms have an interconnecting door which can be locked. There are portable radiators in the bedrooms for the winter months. All windows and roof terrace door have mosquito screens. Welcome grocery pack can be provided. Hair dryer is provided. Outside: The house benefits from 3 private outdoor areas. There is a sunny planted courtyard off the living room with barbecue, teak table, 4 chairs and umbrella. On the first floor off the master bedroom there is a large sun terrace with 2 lounger chairs and a table. This area is a lovely sun trap and comes into its own during the cooler months. The private roof terrace has country and distant sea views and has a jacuzzi spa, 2 sun loungers and umbrella, table and 2 chairs. Please note, the jacuzzi on the roof terrace is not available to use between November and the end of March. Utility Room: There is a laundry room on the first floor with an automatic washing machine, sink & retractable washing lines on the sun terrace and roof terrace levels. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen are provided, including beach towels. There are bedspreads for cooler evenings and duvets for the winter months. The property will be cleaned before your arrival and maid service and linen change is available every 7 days.