Secluded grounds, very fully equiped kichen, large comfortable living room with open fire,secluded.
This luxurious, 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom family home is situated fifteen minutes walk from the sea at Lulworth cove on the unspoiled Purbeck coast. It is set on a hillside with wide south facing views to the sea and surrounding fields and hills. Built of Purbeck stone around the beginning of the last century it is set in two acres of secluded terraced lawns and gardens including a grass tennis court.
Top Traveller Review
Ideal family holiday
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We stayed at The Lynches over Christmas 2012 and found it to be a warm and comfortable family house. We felt relaxed and happy and enjoyed the beautiful views and walks in the area. True to the description, the kitchen was a cook's delight. The house was a stimulating environment with an array of art and literature in all of the rooms. We have no hesitation in recommending The Lynches as an ideal choice for the perfect country get away. The Pooles from Surrey.
Hi Michael. Thank you. We had a fantastic holiday. The house, the area and even the weather were all perfect! The children had a fantastic time on the trampoline. With best wishes Jane
Dear Michael and Suzy Happy new year to you both. Christmas was fantastic ! The house was wonderful. Everything about it was Just perfect! The kitchen is a cooks dream, the living room with the wonderful fire, the views, the garden... I could go on and on! We spent most of our time taking long coastal walks, cooking and eating lots !!
1 holidaymaker review
Ideal family holiday
We enjoyed a wonderful family holiday here in July 2015. Bedroom layout ideal for three generations: six adults, three boys and one teething baby! Large kitchen opening on to a side terrace was very practical and the view from the front terrace, enjoyed with a few glasses of wine in the evenings, was fantadtic. Sitting room capacious and dining room could seat 12 the day friends visited. Boys enjoyed hunting for fossils at Kimmeridge, fishing off Swanage Pier, visiting Monkey World, exploring Corfe Castle, kite flying at Chesil beach as well as the tennis court and trampoline in the garden. Short walk to Lulworth Cove. Owners very helpful when booking and housekeeper on hand to answer a couple of initial queries on arrival. Can thoroughly recommend this property.
Activity and Interests
Lulworth cove is a 10 minute walk and there are other secluded beaches within walking distance. There are miles of unspoiled coastline and lovely walks in all directions from the house.
Lulworth is 130 miles from London - about a 2.5 hour drive. There is a train service to Wool, 4 miles away and ferry services to France and the Channel Islands 30 minutes drive away. To be able to get around a car would be essential. Nearest car hire would be Poole or Weymouth.
There is a local village general store and a bigger store, butcher, baker and chemist at Wool, 4 miles away. The nearest major shopping town is Dorchester, 15 miles away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 May 2015 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
A 50% deposit is required on booking and the balance 8 weeks prior together with a returnable breakage deposit of £250.
Changeover day can be flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are per week in UK pounds. Terms for 2015-16. Minimum let 1 week.
£1750 per week except: Easter & May half term weeks £1850, July £1850, August £2650 weekly, Half term weeks £1850, Christmas and New Year weeks £2650. Rent includes heating, electricity, gas, firewood and all linen. Help with cleaning and cooking is not included but may be possible to arrange if sufficient notice is given. Available all year round.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- One bathroom with master bedroom, two further bathrooms making three in all.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with double bed, dressing room and bathroom. Two bedrooms with double beds, One bedroom with twin beds, one children's bedroom with single beds.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The kitchen is very fully equipped and all the rooms are light, airy and very comfortably furnished. WiFi is installed. Outside: The grounds are of about two acres of terraced lawns and flower beds and include a grass tennis court and croquet lawn with pavilion, vegetable garden and fruit trees. In front of the house there is a wide terrace with large marble table and chairs and umbrellas for eating outside. Off the kitchen there is a Large marble table and side terrace with teak table and built in barbecue. There are superb coastal walks east and west from the house and uncrowded beaches within walking distance. Although the Cove is popular in summer, the house is secluded and peaceful at all times. The village has a pub and there are others that can be reached on foot across country. Utility Room: Cloths washer and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen is included and changed weekly. Other: Large dining room with round oak table to seat 12.