Villa between Burgau and Salema, Western Algarve, Portugal - Peaceful Location 5 Minutes Walk to the Beach
Our character villa is situated at the bottom of Quinta da Fortaleza, just outside Burgau. A beautifully peaceful location within easy reach of all sorts of local amenities. It is the most ideal position for accessing the beautiful, secluded sandy beach Cabanas Velhas. The cliff top walks are breath-taking.
There is a large roof terrace. The main floor comprises a large living room, dining area and kitchen. There is one en-suite bedroom and wc on this level, opening up onto a balcony with country side views.
About the Owner
I live in England with my husband. We have 3 daughters, one-son-in law, 2 partners and 3 grandchildren . My back ground is in nursing and midwifery. Currently, I am project managing the restoration of a Georgian property circa 1800, for a change. I am also a counsellor for Pregnancy Choices, dealing with any issues surrounding pregnancy including unintended pregnancy, post-abortion, still birth, cot death and infertility. I am privileged enough to provide the childcare for our three grandchildren whilst their parents work.
Guestbook comments from the manager
We had a fantastic time, your home was lovely and we had a lovely time staying there, we were thrilled with the location and superb facilities.
From the Owner
“We first visited this area in 1982. We had the 'Cabanhas Velhas' beach to ourselves. We completely fell in love with it then, as have the rest of our increasing family, and all our friends. We love the tranquillity and that it remains the least developed part of the Algarvian coast. It offers an opportunity to experience relatively untouched Portuguese culture. We are part of the Costa Vicente Nature Park, 80 km of coastline: an area of outstanding natural beauty where wildlife thrives. The inhabitants of Burgau village are warm and welcoming. They embrace children.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There are a huge variety of water sports in Lagos 15km away, including para sailing and dolphin watching. We are in an ideal location to offer some of the best surf there is on the west coast just 15 minutes drive away. Burgau has its own sports centre with helpful, friendly staff, offering tennis, junior football, pool, gym, squash. Riding stables 10 minutes.
Cabanas Velhas is opposite us, just a 400m walk. We are so fortunate to still have this spot that remains secluded and unspoilt, with a long sandy beach. We have a beach bar, the Beach Club, which has excellent management. The menu ranges for all tastes and prices and opens at ten am. It is lovely to eat looking out over the ocean in the evenings.
Burgau is five mins drive, 20 mins walk, quaint with a variety of restaurants and bars.
Boca da Rio beach is 2 minutes away west.
Car strongly recommended. Beach, sea and restaurant 400m and walkable. Faro airport is about an hour.
Shopping facilities 2km by car.
Local bus and taxi 2km.
Lagos, very cosmopolitan, 15km.
Railway station in Lagos 15km.
Ferry in Portimao 35km.
Airport in Faro 97km.
Capo de Sao Vicente 18km.
Monchique mountains very beautiful 37km.
Autodrome, F1 brand new 26km.
All the local villages are friendly and unspoilt with small grocery stores. The nearest supermarket is in Budens, 5 minutes drive and is very well stocked with most things. There are quite a few large supermarkets nearby including a new Lidl and Aldi.
There are cash points in Burgau, Budens and Luz locally.
Internet access in Cafetaria Jasmin by post office in Luz. WiFi available at beach bar opposite.
Lagos is steeped in history. It is surrounded by huge 16th century stone walls and a maze of narrow cobbled streets that contain churches, museums, art galleries, antique shops, street restaurants and theatre and bustling markets.
There is a Moorish influence since Prince Sebastian believed it was his mission to convert the Moors to Christianity in 1578.
The marina is great for viewing many luxury yachts and boats and to access all manner of water activities.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 28 Feb 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£135|
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We are an excellent base to explore the region. It is good to know there is a cosmopolitan town nearby where the two environments contrast extremely well for all generations. Five minutes away, (400m) is our secluded sandy beach. We provide beach towels to keep your load light. The 'Blue Wave' beach bar does coffee from 10am and does excellent food and wine to to suit all pockets. It's a lovely setting for meals, particularly in the evenings, overlooking the sea. There are local restaurants and bars aplenty, eat in or take away. Various activities are all within easy proximity.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Separate wc on entrance floor. En-suite bathroom with bidet and shower to bedroom 1 on entrance level. Lower floor. En-suite shower room and bidet to bedroom 2. Bathroom with shower and bidet shared between bedrooms 3 and 4 that is separate and idea.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 on the entrance floor with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedroom 4 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The bedroom on the entrance floor is en-suite with its own private balcony that catches the morning sun. The bedrooms all have built in wardrobes with plenty of shelving. The downstairs bedrooms are on opposite sides of a corridor, opening onto the pool terrace. Bedrooms 3 and 4 are connected by a shared area that is ideal for a young family; they share a bathroom and can be completely separate. Outside: We have three areas that can be used outside. There is an extensive, private roof terrace with a panoramic view. Our upper terrace looks out over the pool and beyond to the naturally beautiful cliffs, useful for alfresco eating. You will love our large private pool that can be accessed from the lower floor, or down stairs from the top balcony. There are both shaded and sunny areas to accommodate all tastes. Sun beds and outside furniture available. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. Changed and weekly cleaning.