Villa in St Tudy, Nr. Boscastle, Cornwall, England, UK - Excellent Central Location To Enjoy The North Cornwall Coastline, Camel Trail And Bodmin Moor
Luxury detached 3 bedroom villa set in the grounds of beautiful Hengar Manor which extend to 35 acres of landscaped gardens, mature woodland and still water lakes. Located in the heart of the North Cornwall close to a fabulous array of beaches, cliff-top and moorland walks, pretty fishing villages and world class visitor attractions. It is the perfect location to appreciate the stunning coastline and moorland attractions. Located only 1/2 a mile from the Wenford Bridge access to the Camel Trail. Hengar Manor is a proud holder of the David Bellamy Silver Award for Conservation, the park is superbly situated for exploring the numerous attractions of the area, such as the world famous Eden Project.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
The villa is family owned and we have tried to put in the personal touches that make it a home from home. We have three children of our own, now grown and making good use of the holiday home for their families. We prefer to visit out-of-season when the park is quiet and you can hear the noises of the countryside around you.
We bought the villa because we love North Cornwall. We love to coastal walk, cycle and also to bodyboard in the summer. Hengar Manor offers an array of facilities on site so you need never be bored.
I work as a nurse Monday to Friday and its nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life at the weekends. Unfortunately as we have recently added "Holly" our cross lab/springer to the family we cannot visit as often as we would like.
1 holidaymaker review
Had a great week exellent accommodation beautifully furnished. Definitely want to.rent again.
From the Owner
“We bought the villa partly as an investment and partly because we love Cornwall and particularly North Cornwall. We love coastal walking and visiting new places. Our villa is ideal for us and for the family who have young families and are struggling to afford those exotic holidays!! Blisland Inn on Bodmin Moor is a particularly nice place to rest and have a quiet drink whilst enjoying the ambiance of the countryside. Alternatively if you prefer a lively atmosphere you can visit Padstow, Bodmin or Newquay. The Borough Arms is a good place to stop if you are planning a visit along the Camel Trail.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The Camel Trail, available free 365 days of the year, winds through some of Cornwall's most beautiful and little-known countryside. Cornwall County Council converted 11 miles of disused railway beside the River Camel from track bed to trail, linking the towns of Bodmin, Wadebridge and Padstow. An extension follows the river towards Camelford. The Camel Trail is only 1/2 a mile away, so bring your bikes for an enjoyable day out. (Bikes can also be hired at many places along the trail or from the campsite).
Polzeath is the nearest surfing beach 15 miles distant - it boasts an excellent safe, sandy beach but also enjoys surfing at its best. Body boards, wetsuits and kayaks can be hired on the beach. Padstow lies just 15 miles away with its quaint fishing village feel and narrow streets. In Padstow its all about the food and atmosphere! You can access the Camel Trail to Wadebridge from here. Climbing the coastal path will highlight millionaire's 'Rock' with spectacular views along the estuary.
Transport Links: Railway Station Bodmin Parkway Railway Station 8.2 miles / 13.2 km. Airport Newquay 15.2 miles / 24.5km.
By car: The property is located at Hengar Manor, St Tudy, between Bodmin and Camelford on the A389. Details of how to get to the property will be sent on booking.
By train: For information on any service by First Great Western, Virgin trains or Wales & West call the national enquiry line on 08457 000125 .
By bus: Call National Express on 08705 808080.
St Tudy is close to National Trust properties at Boscastle, Lanhydrock and Tintagel. The north coast from Rock to Tintagel offers stunning coastal walks. This area also benefits from many excellent restaurants, in the nearby towns of Wadebridge, Polzeath, Rock and Padstow.
Nestling on the beautiful Camel Estuary Padstow offers beautiful coastal views. The town with its colourful harbour surrounded by pastel-washed medieval houses is an attraction in itself. Take a short ferry across to Rock
For the more active and adventurous Padstow offers a range of activities including walking and cycling, the world famous Camel Trail, South West Coastal Footpath, water sports including fishing, surfing and sailing and unrivalled Golf on the seaside links of St Enodoc, Trevose and the nearby Merlin Golf Club.
It’s not all action of course - watching the everyday ebb and flow of harbour life is a perfect way to spend a day in Padstow. If you find this too hectic spend the afternoon relaxing at peaceful Harbour Cove with its lovely sandy beach and fabulous views of the Camel Estuary, or take a ferry trip across to Rock and visit the hushed church of St Enodoc where Sir John Betjeman is buried. Padstow is surrounded by glorious clean sandy beaches – no less than 7 bays are within a five minute drive as are the villages of St Merryn, St Issey, Little Petherick and St Ervan.
Several supermarkets are located in Bodmin (7 miles) and include Sainsburys and Morrisons on the main throughfare and Asda (accessed by following directions to A30 from Bodmin).
Cornwall doesn't come much better than this. Rock pools, rocky coves, rolling surf - Cornwall has it all. Then there's the coastal path, pretty fishing villages, rolling green fields, fabulous beaches, silent river creeks, towering cliffs and unspoiled countryside. The list goes on... but the sea is never far away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
3 Dec-24 Dec
3 Dec 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
24 Dec-31 Dec
24 Dec 2016 - 30 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% Deposit is requested on booking and the balance payable 4 weeks prior to arrival. We do not have direct debit facilities being a family owned villa and therefore cheques are acceptable.
Saturdays in peak season. By negotiation the remainder of the time.
Notes on prices:
A £50 reduction is offered for booking two consecutive weeks.
Off season rates can be negotiable for late bookings.
25% Deposit on booking
Balance payable 4 weeks before arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The villa is positioned in an ideal spot to enjoy both the North and South coastal areas. The Eden Project is less than half an hour by car as is Padstow, Newquay, Wadebridge, Bodmin and Tintagel. The little known area of Trebarwith Strand has a pub serving food nestled right up on the coast and looks far out to sea. This is an ideal spot for a nice evening drink or meal. Alternatively if you prefer a brisk walk - St Tudy village has an excellent pub and you wouldn't need to take the car. Take a torch though as the woodland walk back through Hengar Manor could be quite dark on the return trip.”
- Holiday Complex
- Sports & Activities
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Games ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Spacious main bathroom with bath, sink and WC located on 1st floor. Shower room with shower, sink and WC located on ground floor - ideal if you have a family member with mobility problems.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Main bedroom (1st floor) with double bed. Patio doors leading to a balcony overlooking grounds of Hengar Manor. 2nd bedroom (1st floor) with twin beds. 3rd bedroom (ground floor) with twin beds - suitable for guests with mobility problems.
- Golf ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- Outside: Facilities: It is difficult to imagine a facility that is not available on-site! Leisure centre with 25m heated swimming pool, with slide, waterfall and poolside patio. Sauna. Solarium. Spa. Mini-gym. Relaxation treatments. Steam room. Entertainments Lounge and bar. Hengar Tavern for traditional evening meals. Morellos Italian restaurant situated in the fantastic manor house with excellent reputation for pizza and pasta dishes. Café Torelli. Takeaway food. Bar meals. 9 hole par 3 pitch and putt golf course (golf clubs provided). Pool table. Woodland adventure playground. Bike hire. Coarse fishing lakes. Bait and tackle shop. Hard tennis courts x 2 (tennis racquets provided). Crazy golf. Mini Football Goals within grounds. Basketball. Sports equipment hire (including cycle hire by arrangement). Shop. Video games rooms. Babysitting. Launderette. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedlinen is provided (except for cots). The villa is cleaned weekly by Jenny who has excellent standards. We only ever have compliments about the standard of cleanliness. Other: Dining room with oak table to seat 6, oak sideboard, toys, books, hairdryer and iron. Understairs storage containing ironing board, complimentary cot and highchair and racquets (to save on hire charges onsite).