Cottages in Rathmullan, Co. Donegal, Ireland - Within Touching Distance of the Sea and Walking distance of Rathmullan Village
Portnamurry Lodge is a beautiful eco friendly holiday home located in the village of Rathmullan in County Donegal. Located just above the historic Portnamurry Bay the cottage enjoys wonderful views of Lough Swilly, Inch Island and the Inishowen Hills. Portnamurray Cottage is a charming turn of the century cottage with superb views of Lough Swilly and Inch Island, tastefully renovated while retaining intrinsic features of the original dwelling. All rooms have stunning panoramic views of the bay. Both the Lodge and Cottage are located on the southern approach to the popular seaside village of Rathmullan, with panoramic sea views and is within easy walking distance of the beach, restaurants, shops and pubs. They overlook Portnamurray Bay, the departure point for the last great Irish Chieftains - a pivotal event in Irish history known as The Flight of the Earls.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Rathmullan Beach is a 3 minute drive, or 10 minute walk away. The newly established Rathmullan Sailing & Watersports School runs from here and are always encouraging visitors to participate. The Lodge is beside the sea about 100 meters.
The use of a car is recommended.
Rathmullan: 3 minute drive.
Letterkenny: 25 minute drive.
Ramelton: 10 minute drive.
Derry: 45 minute drive.
The village of Rathmullan has shops, restaurants, hotels, and many pubs.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
A deposit of £/€ 100 will be required to confirm booking.
Full payment is required on arrival.
Saturday is the preferred change over day.
Notes on prices:
Subject to change.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- wheelchair accessible
- near the sea
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- A large wet room / toilet making the ground floor wheel chair accessible.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Another spacious double bedroom is located on the ground floor. Twin bedroom on the first floor. There is a superb ensuite master bedroom on the first floor which enjoys wonderful panoramic view of Lough Swilly - "The Lake of Shadows".
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The holiday home is finished to a high standard with a strong emphasis on space and natural light in each area of the house. The Lodge has been designed to make maximum use of natural sunlight - for both energy and light. Solar panels have been installed. Other eco friendly facilities include:- Outside: The Lodge has a large garden, including a patio area suitable for BBQ's. Included is a bench and picnic table. The Cottage has a large mature garden with a patio area at the back and front. Suitable for BBQ's, a picnic table is also provided. Other: wood pellet burner for central heating energy efficient appliances low energy light bulbs underfloor heating