Apartment in Los Alcazares, Costa Calida, Spain - Peaceful Location, 5 Min Walk to Supermarket, Bars and Restaurants, 10 Min Walk to the Beach
Our apartment is a luxury 2 bedroom apartment in the exclusive Albatross Residential development in the town of Los Alcazares on the Costa Calida. The apartment will sleep 4 comfortably or up to 6 using both sofas in the lounge. It is fully air-conditioned and centrally heated and benefits from DIGITAL TV (All UK channels), DVD, and CD player in the lounge along with dining area and a fully fitted separate kitchen with washing machine, fridge freezer, microwave and oven and hob. The apartment is tastefully decorated throughout and is on the ground floor of the complex. The complex itself has security gated access, both to the complex and the Apartment building and our Apartment benefits from its own secure underground parking facility. All gates are remotely accessed for ease of access. The Apartment building is fully accessible for wheelchair users and individuals with limited mobility. Short flight time: Prestwick - Murcia - 2hrs 45 mins. Apartment only 5 mins drive from airport.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Scuba diving - For diving enthusiasts, the Hormigas Islands near Cabo de Palos have been declared a Marine Reserve due to their exceptional beauty and the conservation of the sea floor, but they are also acknowledged by scuba divers as being one of Spain’s premier dive sites. There are dive centres along the Costa Calida and Costa Blanca Coasts at Mazzaron, Aguilas, due to the large number of unfortunate ships that have come to grief in the rocky waters around the area.
Other water sports - The shallow waters and warm winds of the Mar Menor make it ideal for both Windsurfing and Kite boarding, both of which can be hired from various shops and schools along the Mar Menor shoreline. Jet skiing is also very popular and these can also be hired from ABC La Manga sports centre. Pedallos can be hired from the centre of Los Alcazares.
The Costa Calida delights in 320 days of sunshine each year and even in the winter the temperature rarely drops below 15'C. The area is steeped in history and dates back to the Roman and Arabic times. The Costa Calida beaches and the Mar Menor have been awarded the European blue flag for pollution free bathing.
The area is very accessible with numerous low cost airlines flying into both Murcia (San Javier MJV) and Alicante from all over the UK. Fly to Murcia from the following airports: Prestwick (Ryanair), Edinburgh, Newcastle, Blackpool & Manchester (Jet2 & EasyJet). Alicante is 1hours drive from the apartment.
Arranged transfer (or Taxi) from Murcia (San Javier MJV) airport to apartment – 30 Euros Return – 5 minute journey time.
Our Apartment is ideally situated to offer short transfer times to all the local amenities and airports. Bars and resteraunts - 3-5 mins. Beach - 7-10 mins. Airport (San Javier) - 5 mins. Airport (Alicante) - 50 mins.
Los Alcazares, pronounced 'los-alcatha-res' is an old fishing and saltwater spa town on the Costa Calida (warm coast) in the Murcia region of Spain. The town is on the western shore of the Mar Menor, a saltwater lagoon separated from the Mediterranean Sea by a 22 kilometre long strip of land called La Manga. The Mar Menor is always 3-4 degrees C warmer than the Mediterranean and the area enjoys an average of 320 days of sunshine each year. Along it’s shores there are a variety of bars, cafes and restaurants providing drinks, tapas, meals and entertainment. The warm and shallow waters of the Mar Menor make the resort a mecca for sailing, windsurfing and jet skiing enthusiasts.
On the 13th October 1983, the town was afforded Municipal Autonomy and in celebration of this, a week-long outdoor party is held every October featuring live music, shows and firework displays. During the last three days of March every year, Los Alcazares plays host to a large medieval market and numerous events in recollection of the times when Barbary pirates used to raid this stretch of Spain’s coastline during the 15th century. Throughout the last two weeks in August, the town hosts ‘La Huerta’ the international celebration of the region’s status as the market garden of Spain, when Spanish and other European countries gather to display their folklore, handicrafts and gastronomic feasts from their local produce.
Along the 7km promenade you will find over 20 beach bars where you can get a drink or a snack type meal, hire sun beds, parasols and pedallos. Being as flat as it is, cycling is very popular in Los Alcazares and bikes can be hired from several hire shops in the town. You can also hire motorbikes behind the Deutsche Bank in the El Oasis development at the North end of town. There are 2 tourist information offices in Los Alcazares, which can also provide lots of up-to-date literature regarding local events and places to visit in English.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
30 Jun 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Oct 2017 - 31 Mar 2018
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Book direct with Owner (details below). Deposit 30% (non - refundable) at time of booking with balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Changeover day is flexible to take advantage of mid week cheaper flights. Check in - we will try to suit flight times as much as possible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Prices fully inclusive of all linen and towels (inc beach towels), electricity, air-conditioning/heating and cleaning on departure. Child's travel cot is available at no extra cost.
Long term lets available November - March. Please contact owners for further information.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- city centre
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Single bathroom with vanity unit, bath, shower, toilet and bidet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 bedrooms one with double bed and one with two single beds, both with fitted double wardrobes. Hairdryer in the Master bedroom. Fully opening slide windows in each room, both also with air-conditioning. 2 sofas in lounge increase sleeping capacity to 6.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment boasts 2 spacious bedrooms, one with a double bed and the other offering two single beds. By utilising the sofas in the lounge guests can maximise the sleeping capacity to 6. Outside: Albatros Residential has secure gated access and benefits from a superb 20 metre pool with separate children’s pool and landscaped gardens with water features. The pool has its own personal lifeguard during the summer months. Utility Room: A separate external utility room off the kitchen has washing machine and storage area. This area houses beach toys and also operates as a drying area. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Clean bedlinen, hand, beach and bath towels are provided at the start of each let. For 2 weeks lets, a mid-holiday clean and linen change can be arranged and paid to our local property management team. Other: The outside terrace is an ideal place for socialising and sunbathing when you wish to have a lazy day. Outside table and chairs allow for BBQ meals to be taken "al fresco". Sun loungers, included, are of particular use here. Balcony located next to pool.