Passignano sul Trasimeno, Trasimeno, Umbria, Italy - Fantastic Hillside Location With Lake View Panorama
Villa Ramona is situated on the most idyllic hectare of Appenine hillside in western Umbria, overlooking Lake Trasimeno. Completely renovated in the spring of 2010 with sub-floor heating, modern kitchen and baths, and double pane windows, it offers old world charm combined with up-to-date conveniences and privacy. As you enter the driveway off a country lane the security gate opens, and to your left, a sparkling new pool beckons. You exit your car and descend a gentle slope past flower beds and trellised vines to an arched set of double doors, shaded by olive trees. From this vantage point, the view of Lake Trasimeno and her three turtle-like islands soothe the spirit.Please check our personal website.
About the Owner
Hello! I'm Ramona, the girl whom the villa is named after. My parents both come from farming and fishing families and met while they were working in a clothing factory in the late 70s. After having done different works, they've owned a family restaurant in the village for 19 years and they' ve worked very hard since then. They like quiet and idyllic environments, that's why they decided to buy and restore this 17th century house and make it into a luxury villa, still maintaining its original features and keeping its genuine ancient feeling. It took lots of efforts and time to make it the way it is now, but we are satisfied of our work and we hope that our guests will appreciate it as well.
Guestbook comments from the manager
The best villa we have ever stayed in - and we've stayed in a few!
The property is magnificent, the pool is glorious, and the view is fantastic.
And to top it all, Ramona and her family were superb hosts - always available and always really helpful.
Villa Ramona really is a great place to take a holiday.
'What a wonderful time we had at Villa Ramona this summer. Ramona and her family were charming and couldn't have been more helpful or welcoming. The view is spectacular and we never tired of sitting by the pool looking out at the lake as the days drifted by, it is a wonderfully tranquil spot.
Although tempted to stay by the pool the location of the villa is also great for getting around both Tuscany and Umbria with many memorable towns nearby.'
We would like to thank you for our stay in beutiful Italy, fariytail like Umbria and Tuscany and your amazing house. Our expectations were high before we arri
From the Owner
“There are clear good reasons for buying a property in this location, which are the stunning view of the lake and the islands, the historical centre and the green hills around, the fact that is close to the little village and it takes just 10/15 mins walk (if you walk downhill you get to the village, if you walk uphill you easily reach the top of the hill where you find good tracking paths). Another reason is the fact that the location is very private; there are other villas around the area but they are relatively far, meaning you are definitely free to have loud music at night or walk naked in the garden :-) (it's impossible that someone sees you, unless they have binoculars or they are flying a jet plane!:-D)”
Activity and Interests
10/15 minutes walk from the lake beach.
50km from the nearest Perugia Sant' Egidio airport, 200km from airports of Rome and Pisa.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
From the Owner
“During your staying at Villa Ramona you can enjoy the big swimming pool with jacuzzi corner, challenge your friends at table tennis , play bull on the garden or simply relax, while reading a book on the hammock as I like to do. You can stroll in the garden and discover the home vineyard, from which we make wine every year; you can pick from the trees the tasty seasonal fruits and have a nice healthy breakfast. If you want to you can even bake bread in the oven and with my mother' s help, who's a really good chef, you can learn how to make fresh pasta or gnocchi. We have a barbecue outside so you are free to use it anytime of the day!”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 5 En-suite adjacent bathrooms all with showers, W.C.and bidet. 1 Luxury stone jacuzzi bath.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/12 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 4 bedrooms with king size bed. 2 sofa beds on middle and upper floor. 1 extra king size bed on the subterranean floor (that makes 5 king size bed in total) Bunk beds and cots available on request.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: To fully relax your body and mind with a professional massage, call Ana Maria. She´s a great qualified massuse and she will offer you a selection of body treatment using natural plant and herbal extracts from the region (lavander, rosemary, olive oil, almond oil...). You will find at the villa Ana Maria´s brochure with all the information about her massages. Outside: Villa Ramona´s swimmingpool is private and very closed to the middle floor entrance (about 15 meters) and on the same garden level. The pool is 13mt long and about 7mt wide and the deepest point is 3mt. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron table, clothes dryer machine. Wireless internet (WiFi) in house and on the garden. Plasma TV with international channels. Wireless audio system for iPhone/iTunes or MP3/AUX. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. They are changed as much as requested from the guests. The property will be cleaned during the staying if requested by guests.