Villa in Cap Estate, St. Lucia, Caribbean - A Very Private Location With Garden And Pool, 5 Mins Drive To Beach / Golf Course
Hummingbird Villa was renovated in 2008. It is a typical Caribbean house with louver windows and doors that allow the flow of breezes of the Atlantic and Caribbean throughout the house. It has a private pool and an one acre garden. here are three decks with views of the Caribbean Sea. One deck is off the main living/dining area. This deck has a table for six and a cozy sitting area surrounded by pillows and a hammock. There are extra chairs on this deck. The second deck is called the 'treehouse' deck as it is built around our lovely Flamboyant tree that blooms in May-July. This deck has a table for four. The third deck is located off the master bedroom with an elevated view of the Caribbean Sea. 5 minutes from a championship golf course and a beach. Rodney Bay is a 10 minute drive. Vigie Airport is 20 minutes away.
About the Owner
I bought Hummingbird Villa in 1998. Since then we have built up a portfolio of houses around the world. It all began in St. Lucia so Hummingbird has a very special place in my heart.
We lived in London for over 20 years and now live in the US. We are retired, more or less, but manage all our properties which keeps us very busy.
Our children have settled in the US so it just made sense for us to move here.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We felt so welcome and relaxed from the moment we stepped on the property. The views are amazing.....thank you for providing such a beautiful home for a wonderful family get together." April 2012
"Hummingbird Villa is truly a special place.... We enjoyed every single minute of our stay and we toasted you for such a lovely retreat and warm welcome!" April 2012
"Happy New Year! What a great place to spend the first of 2012! So peaceful, so pretty and so well taken care of with a wonderful view. The decor shows real class. The artwork is fantastic." January 2012
"We loved your tropical getaway...." March 2012
"It was such a special time for our family to be together, enjoy a beautiful retreat and show the kids their first foreign adventures... I tried to stuff Greta into my suitcase........" June 2012
" The view is absolutely spectacular. " I cannot say enough wonderful things about this villa..that if you stay there, you will enjoy yourself. " January 2013
From the Owner
“I had been visiting the Caribbean since I was 12 years old. I always wanted to have a house there. I bought Hummingbird Villa in 1998. I bought it because of the views of the Caribbean Sea. We did the first renovations in 1998-1999 mainly adding a second floor to the house to get even better views of the Caribbean Sea. We added new louver windows and doors. In 2008 we renovated it again upgrading the kitchen and bathrooms and painting both the inside and outside of the house.We added a central alarm system and new roof. St.Lucia is special because of its natural beauty and the beauty of its people. St. Lucians are very soft spoken and kind people. I look forward every year to returning to the most beautiful island in the Caribbean.”
Activity and Interests
Rodney Bay is 10 minutes from Hummingbird Villa. The nearest beach is 5 minutes.
Vigie Airport in Castries is a 20 minute drive. Hewannora Airport is 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Hummingbird Villa is a 10-12 minute drive to the Rodney Bay shopping mall and the Reduit Beach area.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£409|
30% is required to confirm the booking with the balance and security deposit due two months in advance. Please contact owner for further booking details.
Guests can pay with Mastercard or Visa but there will be a 2.5% charge. We accept bank transfers and US checks.
There are no changeover days for Hummingbird Villa.
Notes on prices:
PRICES IN MORE DETAIL
MAY 16, 2015 TO DECEMBER 14, 2015 2 PERSONS $ 250 AND 3-6 PERSONS $350.
DECEMBER 15, 2015 TO JANUARY
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Hummingbird Villa is the only place in the world where I can just get away from it all. I go once a year and totally relax and enjoy myself either alone or with my family or friends if they can join me. I love to lie in the hammock and read a book or lounge by the pool and watch the hummingbirds drink nectar out of the bougainvillea or have a glass of wine watching the sun set down in the Caribbean Sea. It is truly bliss to me!”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 has a bathroom across the hallway with a shower. Bedroom 2 has an en-suite with a shower. Bedroom 3 has an en-suite with a shower and large dressing area.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has twin beds that can be made into a super king bed. Bedroom 2 has a queen bed. Bedroom 3 has a queen bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa has a new flat screen TV. All kitchen appliances are new as well as all new granite countertops in the kitchen and all three bathrooms. Outside: There is a very private, secluded swimming pool with landscaped gardens of 1 acre. The swimming pool has six lounge chairs and two umbrellas aurrounded by lovely bougainvilla. The house has three decks. The first deck is off the main living/dining area. This deck has a large dining table with six dining chairs. There is a hammock as well as a comfy built-in sitting area with lots of pillows for late afternoon relation and reading. The second deck is called the tree house deck which has a bridge leading to the pool. This deck has a table and umbrella with 4 chairs. From May-July the flamboyant tree, which this deck is built around, is in bloom. The third deck is off the master bedroom on the top floor. It has two tables with two chairs each. ALL decks have a view of the Caribbean Sea and Rodney Bay and at night you can watch the sunsets and view the lights of Rodney Bay. Utility Room: The washing machine is below the house in the basement. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The villa has a housekeeper, Brenda. She will change towels and sheets at the end of the first week. We supply beach towels too. She will cook fabulous Caribbean meals for you. Other: The villa consists of three decks for eating outside. There is one deck off the main upstairs bedroom, one off of the dining/living room and one called the treehouse deck which is located on the way to the pool.