Townhouse in Mullins Bay, St Peters, West Coast, Barbados, Caribbean - Very popular location, 2 Minute Walk To The Beach - Literally Just Across The Road
A spacious 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom villa - Jalousie, is comfortably furnished and has views of the Caribbean Sea and glorious sunsets from the middle and top balcony. The house is finished to a very high standard with a luxury fitted kitchen and sitting room. The rental comes with free membership to The Royal Westmoreland Beach Club located immediately opposite the property on Mullins Beach and free membership to Sugar Hill Tennis resort a mere 7 mins drive away.
There is 24hr security for your peace and parking in front of the property for two cars.
Tastefully furnished, Jalousie is a 3 storey townhouse with all four bedrooms air-conditioned and each has an en-suite with walk in wet room. Jalousie has views of the Caribbean Sea and glorious sunsets from the middle and upper balconies.
The house is complete with a well fitted and furnished kitchen.
There is a spa and large swimming pool just through the back gate where it is nice to relax and listen to the waterfall whilst resting on the padded sunbeds. There is a plunge pool in the garden of Jalousie which is so convenient to cool off in and play with the smaller people renting.
There is parking for up to two cars in the front of the property.
The house has wifi and an extender so that the signal reaches the top floor, the lounge has a smart tv with the facility of Netflix which seems to be very popular, an ipod docking station and music centre.
Our housekeeper - Mary - has been with us for 7 years and guests love her, she quietly gets on with her work and is very pleasant and polite whilst being discreet. Most of our guests return and always ask when booking if Mary will be there. When renting, Mary will be there 6 days a week to attend to your needs along with doing all of your personal laundry.
Our management company, Island Villas, they have a concierge service and can book anything for you and will provide any groceries you require before arriving, they will also deal with any problems whilst there.
About the Owner
Bill and Shirley have owned the house since it was built. They have been married since 1976 and have a son a daughter and a granddaughter. They both work together too. The house is opposite what is said to be the best beach in Barbados and along with the Spa pool there is a plunge pool in the garden. The 4 en-suite bathrooms are all large and tiled in marble. The house also comes with access to the tennis centre up at Sugar Hill - which also has a lovely infinity pool and restaurant. There are many very good restaurants which are very convenient for the house. We can help you book outings on catamaran cruises where you can snorkel and swim with the turtles and get you good rates for car hire. You must experience all sides of the Island to appreciate the diversity of Barbados.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Mr & Mrs Lomax
"had a wonderful time and will be back"
Mr & Mrs G Barclay
"We love it here, that's why we return year after year
Mr & Mrs Griffin
We love staying at Jalousie, we can't wait to come again next year"
From the Owner
“We have always loved Barbados and have taken our children there for 20 years. The west coast is very beautiful and lush and the sea nice and calm making it safer for the children to swim in. We have always loved Mullins Beach and when we saw the house for sale we fell in love with it and knew we had to buy it. We became members of the Sugar Hill club because we love to play tennis and the infinity pool up there is an amazing way to cool down after a hot game. The house is in a fabulous area and is safe and secure within a gated area. It is very convenient for Holetown and Speightstown for shopping and restaurants. It is only 45 - 60 mins from the airport depending on traffic. There is a garage with a convenience store within 3 mins walking distance too for milk, bread etc.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The house comes with membership to the tennis centre up at Sugar Hill which is free for guests to use. There are four courts that are all floodlit and there is an infinity pool and a lovely restaurant there to be enjoyed. There is also a fully fitted gym.
The house comes with membership to the Royal Westmoreland Beach club which is free for rentals to use and provides sun beds, beach towels and has a very nice beach bar and restaurant with special outdoor area purely for the members and renters to use. The beach ambassadors will settle you in with beds and towels and a yellow flag to wave if you require any drinks!
The beach is literally across the road and a 2 minute walk at most. It is said to be one of the best beaches on the Island. Membership of Royal Westmoreland beach club is included which provides sun loungers, parasols, beach towels and a private members dining area of a top class beach bar and restaurant.
The airport is approximately 45 mins drive away. Please ask for directions and we will gladly provide a map. We can provide private transfers from the airport or will gladly arrange for car hire and collection from the airport
Speightstown is 3 miles away and Holetown 8 mins away both towns have large supermarkets and fish markets. Holetown and Speightstown both have a number of restaurants that are very nice.
Barbados is a diverse island with flat calm beaches on the west coast and the atlantic ocean on the East with its surf and crashing waves. There are nature reserves and plantation houses to be explored and many different beaches.
The South Coast has many restaurants and another two further golf courses.
The West coast has many beautiful hotels and restaurants such as the famous 'Cliff' and the also famous Sandy Lane, which are something not to be missed.
There are many different catamaran boat trips to swim with the turtles and snorkel and scuba diving is also available. There are early morning walks to join in with and the ocean is a beautiful turquoise colour and fabulous to swim in. The water is safe to drink and filtered through the coral stone, in fact we think it tastes just great.
The Island is very relaxed and the people too, but as at home one needs to be careful. Come to Barbados and enjoy yourself.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
16 Apr 2016 - 14 Dec 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add £26 per night, per additional guest|
15 Dec 2016 - 4 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
5 Jan 2017 - 15 Apr 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add £44 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Deposits of 20% required and full payment 6 weeks prior to booking.
Changeover is flexible.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is a member of the Royal Westmoreland Beach Club which provides both us and any clients with the amenities of a luxury beach club with beach ambassadors that will escort you to a sun lounger and provide you with towels and parasols and a flag to raise if you wish to buy beverages or food from the restaurant or book you a table in the restaurant. Cold flannels are often provided to cool yourself down with too. The house is literally a 2 minute walk across the road from the beach. The house has a small plunge pool which is very nice to cool down in and when you pass through the gate at the rear of the property you enter the spa pool and deck area where you can enjoy the very cool pool or just relax on the loungers. Jalousie is a very relaxing place to be.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Private Pool
- botanical garden
- duty free shops
- rain forests
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to master bedroom has tub, walk-in shower, WC. and bidet. Second floor bedrooms have walk-in showers and WC. Ground floor bedroom has walk-in shower and WC. All have hairdryers and marble floor and wall tiles.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom (top floor) with king size bed and en-suite. Occupies the entire upper level. Bed 2 (2nd) with twin beds/zip and link king size. Bed 3 (2nd) with twin beds/zip and link king size. Bed 4 (ground) with double bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Jalousie is a very pretty spacious property in which to relax and enjoy. There is also parking space in the front. Most people that come as guests return the next year. All bedrooms have air conditioning and ceiling fans. Outside: There is a dining area with table and seats 8, plus a sofa and two chairs in the outside covered patio area. There are four loungers in the outside patio area which we have recently extended, and a deck area at the spa (through the gate) which has luxury pads and towels as well as at the beach. The plunge pool is 5 foot deep and approx 10 feet long, perfect for a quick cool down or for the children to play in. There is an outdoor shower and storeroom for the gas BBQ (which is cleaned by the housekeeper after use as she checks it daily). The house is in a gated community and is fully guarded 24 hours a day by security guards for your security and peace of mind. Utility Room: Washer dryer, iron and ironing board. There is also a large safe in the ground floor bedroom that can accommodate a laptop as well as other valuables. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels are provided including beach towels for when going out and about. The maid is supplied 5 days per week and will change towels and linen every 3 days. She also provides a laundry service for guests staying at the house. Other: There is an open air lounge area and dining area which have ceiling fans and a small plunge pool. All outside areas have lighting. There is a connection to the music system for ipod players and there is wi fi for computers. There is also a dvd player.