Holiday Home in Chirche, Guia de Isora, Tenerife, Canary Islands - Quiet Village On Edge Of National Park
The cottage is a traditional canarian cottage, part of which is two storeys high, the top storey being the lounge. It has been lovingly restored by the owners to the highest standards retaining all the original features but with modern conveniences for your comfort.It is ideal for anyone wanting a quiet relaxing place or for walking holidays but is a drive away from all the attractions of the coast.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
4.7 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
What great place, We were met by Sandra the owner, and given the keys and some very useful advice. The cottage was so quiet and peaceful, we found it a bit cooler than the coast, but because of the hight above sea level it was great for us. A nice place to sunbathe that was private, and not too far from a super bar and restaurant. A car is a must, to see the surrounding countryside. If you want a nice place to get away from the noise...this is it. Highly reccomended......and great value....
Chirche Country Dwelling
This is the place for an authentic Tenerife village experience. You are amongst other houses on the hillside at the top of a quite village. The house is a true Canarian house with modern comforts. The village is at 800metres and can have a bit of a chill in the evenings.The living room upstairs can be kept very warm with the log burner. We got the fuel starter pack which was enough for the week with the fir cones we enjoyed collecting.
Downstairs was just warm enough. Cooking helped to warm it a bit more.
The house was fine for 2 of us, three would be fine but 4 might be a bit tight. Depends how much you would want to store in the second double bedroom. If you travel light it would be fine. You may wish to ask Sandra for some larger saucepans etc. if you were 4.
We did a lot of walking. The situation was great for us as it was just off the main road to the National Park. Probably one of the closest villages to The Teide national Park. It was not so far to the Teno area and the beaches were easliy reachable. Central for what we wanted to do. If you wanted a beach holiday it would probably not be such a good location. We felt the house was great value, a great experience and clean. Thank you Sandra, we had a fantastic holiday.
Preis-Leistung - mehr als Super!
Wir, zwei Pärchen, hatten die Unterkunft für eine Woche gebucht. Sehr schönes Landhaus, alles vorhanden was man benötigt. Schlafzimmer sind relativ klein, aber ausreichend - dafür geräumiges Wohnzimmer und Küche. Toller Feuerofen, um abends, wenn es doch mal kühler wird, einzuheizen, sehr gemütlich! Da das Landhaus etwas höher gelegen ist und es nachts doch auch kühl wird. Tolle Terrasse mit Blick aufs Meer, wo ab morgens ca. 9.00 Uhr den ganzen Tag Sonne ist. (Unsere Reisezeit Ende Dezember/Anfang Januar). Die Vermieter waren super nett und hilfsbereit, - alles TOP! Man benötigt allerdings zwingend ein Auto - da wir aber sowieso die Insel erkunden wollten - also kein Hindernis.(persönl. Parkplatz auch direkt vor dem Haus) Im Dorf gibt es ein kleines Restaurant, Essen war sehr lecker, Gastwirt auch super nett! Vom Haus ca. 5 Gehminuten entfernt.
Wir würden die Unterkunft jederzeit wieder buchen!!
Activity and Interests
The coastal towns of San Juan, Alcala, Puerto Santiago and Los Gigantes are 15 mins by car and Las Americas, Los Cristianos are 20 mins away.
The south airport (Reina Sofia) is 40 mins away by car. A car is recommended for your stay as the local bus to the village is only 4 times a day each way.
The large town of Guia de Isora is 3 mins drive away and has supermarkets, banks, chemists, petrol garages and a 24 hour medical centre. Guia de isora is on the main road to the tf1 motorway connection which takes you nearly all round the island. The village road leads up to the main route for mt. Teide national park.
There are 2 good restaurants in the village, one is a mirador (look out) with spectacular views. There are many walking routes in and around the village with maps in the cottage and signposted round the village. The national park is not too far away with its very unusual scenery.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Fully tiled bathroom with a corner bath in white with antique pine panels, a shower attachment with curtain round, a washbasin and wc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom one with double bed, wardrobe, dressing table, bedside cabinet and small chest of drawers. Bedroom two with double bed,wardrobe,bedside cabinet and small chest of drawers.
- Notes on accommodation: A sofa bed is in the lounge and could sleep another person if required.We also own the cottage next door reference c2791 which would suit to extra guests. Outside: Outside is a small garden and a patio area reached via a few steps which is fairly private and has an old vine covering a wooden pergola, garden table and chairs, with steps leading up to the private parking area. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The cottage is cleaned before arrival and price includes electricity, towels (not beach towels) and linen. A starter food pack and fuel for the fire can be purchased for a small fee.