Villa in Parra, North Goa, India - Set in a Tranquil Village, 10 Minutes Drive to the Beaches
A beautiful villa with 2 bedrooms which comfortably sleeps 4 people. The villa retains all the original charm of a traditional Portuguese home, whilst having the necessary modern fittings. Casa Sofia is located in the idyllic village of Arrady, Parra. Arrady is a sleep hamlet in Parra but it is only minutes away from several amazing beaches and the bustling towns of Mapusa and Panjim. The villa is comprised of a large, comfortable sitting room, which leads into the cool, pretty dining room. Off the dining room is the neat, kitchen and a well-appointed toilet and shower room. The property is graced with a well-tended garden, filled with fruit trees and has three stunning verandas to enjoy the scenery from.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Casa Sofia is located just 10 minutes away by car from some of Goa's most popular beaches, Baga, Calangute and Candolim. This long stretch of white sand has everything families and young and old visitors could want from a beach holiday.
If guests wish to avoid the hustle and bustle, there are many quieter beaches, such as Morjim and Arambol, which are around one hour away.
With the property we will be providing a personal driver and car, a local gentleman who has worked with the family for years, who will be available up to 10 hours a day. Guests will have to pay a charge only for the petrol per kilometer and for excess hours and late night charges. One Airport pick up and drop off will be provided free of charge.
We can also arrange hire of a scooter or motorbike, if guests have an international driving licence.
Nearest market town/supermarket - Mapusa - 10 minutes drive.
Nearest beaches and areas for dining out/nightlife - 10 minute drive.
Local convenience store - 3 minute walk.
Dabolim Airport - 45 minutes (Pick up and drop off provided free of charge).
Although the property has everything necessary for guests to be self-catered, the nearby areas of Candolim, Mapusa and Baga are teeming with wonderful, inexpensive restaurants to tempt you away from the kitchen.
North Goa is incredibly scenic, most buildings retaining the elegance which the Portuguese brought to the state when it was one of their colonies. Old Goa, just a 30 minute drive away, is a famous heritage site with many traditional churches and basilicas.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Jan 2017 - 31 May 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We ask that upon booking, guests please pay a non-refundable deposit of 25%. We ask that the balance be paid 4 weeks before the start of your holiday. If you are forced to cancel your holiday plans, we will refund the balance in full up to 4 weeks before the start of the holiday and will refund 50% of the balance up to two weeks before the start of the holiday. Should you cancel in the last two weeks, a refund will no longer be possible, unless we are able to re-let the property.
Changeover days are completely flexible. We are happy for arrival/departure times to simply suit people's flight arrivals and departures.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Car Available
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The property has two bathrooms, both with free-standing showers. One bathroom is en-suite to the Master bedroom.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The property has two bedrooms, both with twin beds. Both rooms are air-conditioned. The master bedroom is en-suite and has its own mini veranda which overlooks the front garden and traditional well. Lots of storage.
- Max. occupancy: 4
- pets considered
- Outside: As well as many fruit trees and beautiful local plants, the garden also has a wicker furniture set and hammock for guests to enjoy. Utility Room: There is a washing machine and a maid also attends the property 6 days a week and is happy to do any light laundry. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: A maid will attend the property 6 days a week (Sundays off). Her duties will be to clean the property thoroughly and maintain the garden. Linen is provided and changed once a week and towels are changed twice a week. Car and driver are provided but guest will have to pay a nominal charge for the petrol per km used. Other: Casa Sofia is fitted with a Power Inverter which means that in the inevitable event of a traditional Indian power cut, the inverter will kick-in and provide electricity for up to 4 hours. There is a separate dining room, with a table that seats 4. Wifi is provided.