Villa in La Mole, Nr. Cogolin, St Tropez Area, France - Secluded Privacy & Tranquility, But All Just A Short Drive From St Tropez And Beaches.
Villa De La Verne is one of best kept secrets in the area. Nestled at the end of a private no through road, it is approached through a winding valley of vineyards and surrounded by wooded hills and perfect silence. Within the grounds of the villa is everything you need to relax and enjoy yourself, completely hidden away from the world - while just outside there are some beautiful hillside or lakeside walks and cycle rides to be explored.
The small local village of La Mole has shops, bars, a bakery, its own little private airport, and also one of the best known restaurants in the Var - the Auberge de la Mole. Jump in the car and you can be in the middle of St Tropez in 20-30 minutes, or a myriad of famous beaches and clubs in well under an hour. In the surrounding countryside there are numerous ancient villages to be discovered and enjoyed, most of which have regular markets laden with fresh local produce. Failing that, there's a huge well stocked supermarket in the nearest town of Cogolin.
About the Owner
Villa De La Verne in the South of France (sleeps 12, property reference FR6952) and Hillcrest Villa in North West Cyprus (sleeps 6, property reference CY5127) are owned by some English friends who, for reasons not even they can fully explain, all seem to believe that no holiday is actually complete unless it involves several days of cleaning, redecorating, gardening, landscaping or apparently endless minor maintenance work.
The Chinese have a saying that warns having more than one home is the fastest way to madness. We think of this as an ongoing experiment to see how true that might be...
Guestbook comments from the owner
"The perfect spot to completely unwind, relax and let the kids run loose..."
"We had so many plans to make expeditions and visits, but in the end it was really hard to leave the villa at all..."
"Turned out to be a really good compromise between quiet countryside and a full on Club55 type holiday. Always a relief to get back to the villa though..."
From the Owner
“St Tropez, with its myriad of shops, clubs, restaurants, bars and beaches, will never go out of fashion. However, it's not really somewhere any sane person would want to spend their entire holiday. We bought Villa de La Verne because it offers the best of both worlds - incredible peace and seclusion when you want it (perfect for kids and adults alike) but all the flip-flop glamour of St Tropez whenever the mood takes you...”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The villa is a great base for walking and cycling holidays, there are some particularly beautiful routes around the reservoir lake that you can see from our Sunset Deck.
There are far too many beaches and beach clubs in the area to include here, but it's suffice to say the nearest one is about a 20 minute drive away - over a very dramatic mountain road. There is also a water park along that route, a big AquaPark over by St Maxime - and of course, all the joys and sights of St Tropez just down the road. Our current favourite is a lovely crescent shaped bay with a fabulous beach side restaurant (specialising in Crayfish) just along the South coast at L'Estagnol.
If RyanAir are flying to Toulon then it couldn't be easier - we can be at the villa within 45min of leaving the plane & that includes collecting hold luggage & picking up the hire car! Very handy if you want to nip to the airport to collect new guests with no car of their own. Both Nice & Marseilles airports are about a 90min drive away (we prefer Nice) depending on traffic. If you want to bring your own car there's ample parking at the villa & around Beaune is a good halfway stop from Calais.
You can walk to the local village in about 30min, or if you're really thirsty, you can drive there in 3! The nearest big town and supermarket are about a 10min drive, and St Tropez itself is about 20min away by car - though you need to be aware of the horrendous traffic jams that can occur all around St Tropez in the Summer, that's why we like being a civilised distance away from it all. Stay away from the coast road in peak season and you can be in any one of a dozen cute villages in 30-40min.
There is a very well respected and established boulangerie and a somewhat less romantic Spar mini-market in La Mole if you don't fancy anything further afield - but you'd be mad to miss the amazing food and wine markets that happen in all the little villages around the area throughout the week. Cogolin has all you need for the practical requirements of banks, pharmacy, supermarket, etc... St Tropez has a massive market every Saturday and Tuesday morning, selling everything from cheap wine to outrageously over-priced antiques. The local restaurants are universally good, with the most amazing one of all (the Auberge de la Mole) right on your doorstep - drive down, walk home! Be warned though, they only take cash. The area is also full of local vineyards and communal wine centres, where you can top up on decent local reds and whites from a filling nozzle. However, the region is renown for its rose wine, and there is no shortage of that to try... If your head ever clears, there is also a great Go-Kart track near Grimaud.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£714|
We take a 25% non-refundable booking fee on confirmation, with the balance to be cleared into our bank at least 8 weeks before the arrival date. We also take a 10% damage deposit at the same time.
Cancellation charges are calculated at:
4-8 weeks – 50% of rate refunded
2-4 weeks – 25% of rate refunded
Less than 2 weeks – no refund.
By far the most convenient booking period (to capitalise on cheap RyanAir flights from the UK to Toulon airport) is Sunday to Sunday. We can accept bookings which don't start and end on a Sunday, but they would have to be by special arrangement only.
Notes on prices:
Prices are negotiable for longer bookings and would normally include cleaning, a welcome pack, and a 24hr concierge service for local help, advice and suggestions. We can also add anything from chefs, horse-riding and poolside massages to the arrangements - just let us know what you'd like, within reason.
An initial deposit is required to reserve any booking and full payment, including the refundable damage deposit, must be with us two months before your arrival. Full details of this and our cancellation terms will be provided with the rental contract...
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The truth is, we just love houses. We love doing them up and we love making them as comfortable and comforting as we can. We don't decorate properties for rent, we decorate them for us. We want you to enjoy your time here as much as we do when we come over to stay, and I hope that we've done everything we can think of to help that happen...”
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- The 2 double bedrooms have baths in their en-suites, all the other rooms have showers in theirs. One of the twin bedrooms has its bathroom right next door, rather than actually en-suite. There is even an additional toilet and shower in the utility room.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12+ (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All the bedrooms are en-suite and all but one air-conditioned. There are 2 doubles and the rest are twins, with beds that can be moved together or apart as you require. The mattresses were all new in 2008 and some of the best you'll ever sleep on!
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: You'll see from the aerial photo that the property is arranged around the courtyard and the pool. 3 bedrooms and the TV salon are in a self-contained annex down one end of the pool, while all the other rooms are ranged around the courtyard area. Large glass doors open up to make all of the villa into one continuous space if you want, or will quickly seal off areas of quiet relaxation when required. Several bedrooms have mezzanine floors with extra beds, which can be used to squeeze in the odd child or teenager if you need to sleep more than 12 people. The property works particularly well if two families are in residence as you can be as independent or communal as the mood takes you. Outside: The completely private, heated pool is about 4 x 9m and is a constant depth - so adults can swim quite happily, but it's also perfect for younger children as well. There are plenty of loungers on the large South facing sun deck when you do come out of the water. Come sunset, there is another decked and furnished area from which to toast and enjoy the spectacular view. There is also a beautiful pond outside, with plenty of fish which you can feed from the bridge. We've seen water snakes & wild turtles living in here, which if you're very patient you can hand feed as well. There is a lawn to one side which we use for badminton, and a purpose built boules court under the shade of mature trees. There is also outdoor table tennis. The villa is completely surrounded by its own extensive grounds and has an electric fence around the whole perimeter to discourage any of the local wild boar from wandering in to dig up our lawns at night. You are well and truly in the Provence countryside here. Utility Room: The utility room has a washer/dryer installed, but also features another toilet and shower as it used to be a self contained studio flat for staff. Sadly the staff have long gone, but there is a very big drinks fridge in there now to compensate. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, dressing gowns and bed linen are all included. There is a maid service at least every week, but the bilingual management team live locally, so you can liaise with them to make this arrangement work however suits you best. Other: There are 2 additional salon areas in the villa, both with a perfect view of the pool so that you can keep an eye on the kids. One is furnished as a library/reading area, the other for watching our large collection of DVD films.