Villa in Femes, Nr. Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Canary Islands - Totally Private Villa in a Peaceful Location just 5 Mins Drive to the Beach
Casa Femes features 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. All but 2 of the bathrooms are en-suite, and all the bedrooms are either twin or double. Additionally, the size of the bedrooms affords additional beds and cots. The villa offers stunning views of Playa Blanca and the shimmering Atlantic, and with the surrounding mountains and hills, is perfectly located for those who enjoy a good walk or hike. There is a large heated pool, plus a great barbie and typical Canarian seating to really enjoy the great weather and alfresco dining. The village of Femes is extremely charming and from the villa you can easily stroll to the local supermarket or try one of the many delicious restaurants. Refurbished in May 2010, Casa Femes is totally private and is a perfect base from which to enjoy the many charms of the island. Casa Femes is perfect for large families, separate families and groups or for those simply seeking peace and tranquility in a traditional rustic Lanzarote village.
About the Owner
About White Beach Holidays Ltd
Hello, my wife and I live just south of Girona in northern Spain. I am a Brit, she's a German and our little lad was born in Lanzarote! We lived on the island for several years before moving to the mainland to be closer to our families.
It is really beautiful here but we do miss the sun during the winter months and the relaxed lifestyle, and are fortunate to get back fairly frequently to the island.
Lanzarote is such a great holiday destination, with so much to do, or so little if you prefer. We really hope that you enjoy it. Saludos!
(1 traveller reviews)
Great House BUT...
we stayed over New Year and the house is great: it is in a wonderful location, very private and very quiet with fantastic views and , for us, the wonderful ability to walk out of the drive and straight onto great mountain walks. There is plenty of space inside.
On the downside, outside there is a lack of shaded areas and in the height of summer this must be a problem. For example when full, there is nowhere shaded to eat outside. The house is meanly furnished. The outside furniture is all cheap plastic and not worthy of the quality of the property.
In the winter our problem was that at night the house was too cold. There was no wood provided for the stove and there was limited supply (two I recall) of small electric heaters. Worse there was no warm bedding and on the first day we had to buy duvets as well as firewood.
Hopefully since then they have rectified these errors, but I advise you to check.
If they have rectified these points it is a fabulous house for a large number of people
Activity and Interests
Drive time to the beaches in Playa Blanca, including the beautiful Papagayo beaches, is approx 5 minutes - to the black beach in El Golfo approx 5 mins. To Puerto del Carmen approx 15 mins. To the surf beaches in Famara approx 30 mins. You can walk/hike to the private secluded beaches along the uninhabited coastline between Papagayo and Playa Quemada in approx 30 mins.
Arrecife is the only airport - approximate drive time is 30 minutes. A car hire is essential if you want to explore more of the island.
The villa is located in Femes, which overlooks Playa Blanca, and is reachable in 5 mins.
Yaiza is approx 10 minutes drive away, and the Timanfaya National Park, and the vineyards of Lanzarote approx 15 minutes drive away.
There is a local supermarket in Femes. For more variety, plus banks and chemists visit Playa Blanca or Puerto del Carmen.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
22 Feb 2017 - 31 Dec 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking Notes: Price based on 2 persons. GBP75 per extra person per week.
Book via email email@example.com or telephone with our preferred agent White Beach Holidays Ltd: via free phone: + 44 203 150 0244. Payment: 35% deposit, balance paid 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Flexible change over days, but Thursdays are preferred, especially in the busy months.
Notes on prices:
Prices are from £750 per week based on 4 people, with a £75 supplement per extra person. Prices are subject to availability and may change during the year.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- golf pass optional
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- 30 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- All bathrooms feature a shower, WC, hand basin. They are spacious, light and clean.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12/14 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Upstairs: Master double bedroom with large private terrace, fitted wardrobes and large en-suite bathroom. Downstairs: large double with access to terrace, fitted wardrobes and en-suite, large double with separate bathroom, 3 twin bedrooms all en-suite.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Perfect for large families and big groups. Outside: The exterior is dominated by the large kidney shaped heated pool, plus there are plenty of sunbeds and seating to relax and soak up the rays. There is a large barbie, plus a typical Canarian dining area from which to enjoy your alfresco dining and to take in the stunning views. There is an exterior WC and hand basin. There is also a large area on the other side of the villa for ball games. Utility Room: Washing machine, and drying area. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Villa cleaned and prepared for arrival with linen and house towels provided. Property cleaned weekly, but additional cleaning available upon request. Cots, high chairs, additional beds, fans etc. all available on request. Other: There is a large internal dining room which will cater for up to 8 people, with additional dining space available in the kitchen or outside.