Apartment in San Telmo, Andraitx, Mallorca - Peaceful, unspoilt location with stunning scenery, 7 minutes walk to the village & sandy beach
Located in a private complex with pretty mature gardens and on the waters’ edge with view from terrace onto a small bay with pebble beach and rocks. There is a bar/restaurant with sun bathing area and direct access into the sea - an idyllic view across the bay of San Telmo to Dragonera Island. The apartment is comfortable, air conditioned with ceiling fans in the bedrooms, a well stocked kitchen and twin sinks in the main bathroom.A wonderful family resort and a place for those seeking a quiet ‘away from it all’ holiday yet providing all the amenities of a beautifully scenic holiday. San Telmo (Sant Elm) is situated at the bottom south-west corner of the Island and looks out onto the Islands of Pantaleu and Dragonera which was declared a natural qNature Reserve in 1995 and can be visited by boat. On the hill above the village is the impressive tower of Sant Elm where James II built a mariners’ hospital. An area of outstanding natural beauty, Sant Elm offers not only a beautiful sandy main beach with a play area for children but for the more energetic a great base for cycling, nature walks, trekking and scuba diving instruction. There are several golf courses in the area one just 15 mins away.
Top Traveller Review
A Relaxing Holiday In An Beautiful Location
About the Owner
This property was bought by my parents for the enjoyment of us as a family which we have over the last 35 years together with other members of family and friends. I have taken over from my parents the every-day running and maintenance carried out by friends of my parents who have known them for many years and provide a high standard of maintenance and excellent service.
3.5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
A Relaxing Holiday In An Beautiful Location
Just returned from San Telmo, after having a well earned holiday.We've been visiting and staying in the apartment for more than ten years and find it the perfect place to chill out and relax. On arrival, the apartment is welcoming and homely. It is always spotless, with ample household equipment [perfect for self catering]. The 'Welcome Pack' in the fridge is a bonus, especially when arriving late at night. Opening the doors to the terrace is always a treat even after so many stays, the gardens in the complex are full of colour and the view of hillside rocks and little bay below are stunning. A short scenic walk down to San Telmo reveals a beautiful little village with a sandy beach, a variety of restaurants, shops, bars and friendly faces. We love it and look forward to our next visit.
A truly beautiful spot and fantastic apartment
We arrived at the apartment late and were very pleased to open the fridge and find a chilled drink and breakfast items. The apartment was perfect for us, very clean with superbly comfortable beds. Having tv and English programmes was a bonus with two teenage boys. The view from the balcony was spectacular, and yes to the right were other apartments but you can still see the Beach and the sea very well. We loved St Elm and all its lovely restaurants and plan to visit again without doubt and would love the use of this apartment again. After a week the very friendly couple who look after the place came and changed bedding and gave us fresh towels. We managed to lock the key in one day, but no problem as Enrique came to our rescue with a spare! Phew!! We went exploring and took a boat trip to Dragonera Island, the boys enjoyed that, especially all the lizards they discovered. All in all a perfect stay and wonderfully relaxing! Just what we needed. Will return to this splendid bay. Thankyou
Very enjoyable stay as usual
Just returned from St Elm, a wonderful holiday location. The apartment is very homely with all the facilities. There is an excellent restaurant with a swimming pool within the complex with stunning views. A short walk to the main beach and village centre, which has a selection of good restaurants, bars and shops. This was our sixth time to the same apartment and we will be going again soon.
I’m afraid the words used to describe the property in particular the outside view ect are totally misleading, the picture shown is taken from one end of the terrace looking down. Look a little to the right and the view then is the rear of a 4 story block 20 m in front totally obscuring any view of the sea.
“Located in a private complex on the waters’ edge with view from terrace onto a small bay with pebble beach and rocks with direct access to the sea.”
Another quote “The apartments are located in a private complex and overlooks lovely mature gardens" I note this has now been removed from the overview on the 17th May 2015. What you see is the pics below.
We didn’t stay in the apartment and left and found a local hotel.
From the Owner
“The property provides a homely and comfortable residence with all the facilities of home with a serene and relaxing view of the little bay viewed from the terrace. A selection of chairs and sun beds are provided for those wishing to retain their privacy of the apartment.”
Activity and Interests
San Telmo has a lovely well-maintained, sandy beach with a play area for children and just 5 minutes walk from the apartment. There is a small pebble bay and beach directly at the side of the apartments.
The airport in Palma is about 40 mins. by taxi or car hire. There are some wonderful places of interest to visit in Majorca and there is plenty of information on places to visit in the apartment. For the adventurous a trip to some of the pretty villages along the mountain range is thoroughly recommended.
San Telmo is about 8km from Andraitx and 40 km from Palma
There are some really good supermarkets to be found in most of the surrounding towns. In Andraitx there is Euroski, Port Andraitx and Mercadona in Paguera. Market day, Wednesday morning in
Andraitx and Saturday morning a smaller one in S’Aracco.
The village runs parallel with the beach and has a pedestrianised walkway. Everything you need can be found including mini-marts, a good selection of restaurants and a handful of the usual shops and chemist. The village is unspoilt even at the busiest time.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure booking. Keys will be posted on receipt of full payment.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Discounts available for long term lets on application.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The tranquility of the complex allows those seeking a restful environment yet the luxury of a beautiful beach and selection of good bars and restaurants within the village just a few minutes walk away.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with twin basin, bath/shower, wc, bidet. 2nd bathroom shower room with with wc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 twin bedrooms
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The 1st floor apartment has 1 living/dining room, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 en suite), kitchen and terrace. The living room has large sofa, 2 armchairs, dining table and 4 chairs, side tables, sideboard, units housing Satellite TV, receives non-paying channels, radio stations and DVD with selection of DVD’s and CD’s, also a large selection of books. Aircon unit for the lounge. Terrace with table and chairs and 2 sun loungers. A bunker which holds cushions for chairs and loungers. 1 glass-topped side table. The main bedroom has twin beds, bedside cabinet, cheval mirror, 1 chair and fitted wardrobe. Ceiling fan and en suite bathroom comprising bath and hand shower, twin basins with cupboards under, toilet and bidet electric radiator for colder weather. Second bedroom also has twin beds, bedside cabinet, chest of drawers, fitted wardrobe and ceiling fan, electric radiator for colder weather. The second bathroom has shower, basin and toilet. Well equipped kitchen. Outside: The apartments are located in a private complex and overlook the lovely mature gardens. Though not part of the complex, there is a waters-edge Restaurant which has received acclaim and frequented by many celebrities sometimes arrive by boat and enjoy the stunning view. The swimming pool is municiple owned and sun beds can be rented by the day. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen & towels included. Linen and towel change by arrangement. Other: Terrace with sea view and gardens. table chairs and sun loungers.