Apartment in West Cowes, Isle of Wight - Panoramic View Of The Solent And River Medina
Welcome to our beautiful apartment! 30 Marinus is a luxury 5* apartment on the first floor of one of the finest developments in Cowes, overlooking Shepherds Wharf marina and only a few minute’s walk from the Royal Yacht Squadron and other marinas. The High Street with its wide range of shops, bars, restaurants and cafes is even closer. Marinus apartments were built in 2007 by “Charles Church” to the highest standards in terms of design, construction and fittings.
**We now have Apple TV installed with Netflix**
The property is delightfully furnished with Laura Ashley oak furniture and stripped oak floors in the living room and hallway. With electric central heating for the cooler months you’re assured of total home-from-home comfort. The apartment has entry-phone security, is wheelchair friendly with lift access and a reserved parking space in the private car park.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We have business interests both on the Isle of Wight and the mainland and we purchased the apartment as our Island home. Unfortunately, we are now unable to spend as much time on the Island as we would like and have therefore decided that we should rent the apartment when we're not using it.
The apartment is furnished and equipped as our home and not as a holiday let, which we're sure you will agree when you stay in our beautiful home.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Marinus provided us with the perfet base for an early island holiday. Everything we needed was here including the weather. M&S in Newport provided many of our meals. Great greasy spoons, Ventnor Bay cafe, Totland pier and Till Gate in Bembridge for lunch. Highly recommended is the Cowes Tandorri. First class location for a first class holiday"
"We have enjoyed a lovely stay here. The apartment is very comfortable. The Anchor Inn in Cowes does great pub food and we have a nice meal at Lugleys on the Esplanade. Thanks for your help."
"......the apartment is so comfortable and of such good quality that we really didn't want to go home ......."
"We should like to thank you for use of your apartment. We loved the views and the fact that the Cowes is only 5 minutes walk away"
"We came for a long weekend - it wasn't long enough - we'll be back and next time for at least a week, and more likely two"
4.8 based on 33 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely apartment, with fascinating views of the Solent and the different vessels using it. Very comfortable, the owner Lee Pidgeon and Mandy, who looks after the apartment were both very helpful with any little problems that occurred. Would definitely both with them again.
Home From Home - Great Location
Apartment spacious, clean & well equipped.
Wi-Fi worked well very important with two children.
Great view from the balcony & lots of boat activity.
Short walk into Cowes.
Would love to return.
Everything we needed was provided
Comfortable, well equipped and modern. Magnificent sea views and great weather even laid on for us during our stay.
Modern, clean apartment with a view
Our first stay in 30 Marinus though have stayed in other apartments there. This is the best one. Very comfortable and clean with everything you could possibly need supplied. The housekeeper, Mandy, met us at the time arranged by telephone and was extremely helpful. As regular visitors to the island we will definitely use this apartment again and would highly recommend it to others.
Very good and helpful communication with the Owner and the Housekeeper. Excellent flat, great facilities and very clean and tidy. Good location, you can see the chain link ferry in and run for it! Easy walk to Cowes for shopping, pubs and restaurant and the red jet home :-( Hope to stay again some time. Thank you
From the Owner
“We purchased the property as our Island home; the views of the River Medina and The Solent are beautiful - there is always something to watch and yet it's a peaceful haven of tranquility away from the hussle and bussle of everyday life.”
Activity and Interests
The apartment is located a very short walk to the centre of Cowes (7 minutes) and the host of local atmosphere restaurants and the harbour, lots of boutique shops and cafes. The atmosphere in Cowes is brilliant all year round.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
9 Nov 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Jan - Fe
3 Jan 2017 - 28 Feb 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
29 Jul 2017 - 5 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Once you have made a provisional booking we require a 20% non-refundable deposit. Please note that your booking will be held for 5 days and is not confirmed until we have received the deposit and funds have cleared
The balance must be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival together with a returnable security deposit of £250; this is repaid to you by bank transfer once our housekeeper has confirmed that all is well at the apartment following your departure.
The apartment will be available from 4pm on the day of arrival and should be vacated by 11am on departure. Arrival after 7pm will incur an additional charge of £10. Changeover day is usually Saturday but we will be flexible if we can.
Notes on prices:
Short breaks - when available - are charged as a percentage of the weekly rate as follows: 3nts (minimum) 60%, 4 nts 70%, 5 nights 80% and 6 nights 90%.
Discounts are available for long terms lets - please contact us for details.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The apartment is only 10 minutes walk from Cowes High Street with it's amazing shops, restaurants, pubs and bars and no where on the Island is more than 30 minutes away by car.”
- Lift ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- wheelchair accessible
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1050 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The en suite to the master bedroom has a double size shower cubicle, wc and wash basin. The family bathroom has a bath with shower attachment, wc and washbasin. Both have tiled floors and heated towel rails.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The master bedroom, has a king-size bed, walk-in wardrobe and flat-screen TV (free-view). Bedroom 2 has two quality single beds, wardrobe and chest of drawers. Both have quality linen, duvets ang pillows and New-England style shutters.
- Notes on accommodation: If you’re travelling by car then ferry services are available from Portsmouth to Fishbourne and Lymington to Yarmouth via the services of Wight Link. Southampton to East Cowes services are provided by Red Funnel and the apartment is only 5 minutes away in West Cowes via the chain ferry (known locally as the “floating bridge”). If you don’t drive or don’t have a car then travelling by public transport couldn’t be easier. Simply get a train to Southampton Central station, where a dedicated shuttle service will take you to the Red Funnel terminal where a short 23 minute journey by catamaran will bring you to West Cowes and an easy stroll to the apartment through Cowes High Street. Once here, busses are available from Cowes to all parts of the Island, making for a particularly relaxing holiday. Outside: The living room is dominated by floor to ceiling windows giving panoramic views of the marina, River Medina, The Solent and Portsmouth in the distance. The windows open on to the balcony which is furnished with table and chairs and ideal for relaxing with a meal and a glass of wine after a hard day holidaying!! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Price includes all bed linen, towels (with the exception of beach towels), wi-fi and reasonable end-of-let cleaning.