Cottage in Framfield, near Uckfield, East Sussex - Peaceful, Rural Location with Views
Charming, large, self-catering cottage, awarded 4 stars by English Tourist Board. Set in the owner's grounds with wonderful rural views and walks in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Situated on a quiet country road between Buxted and Framfield, the property has its own driveway, private garden with lawns, flowerbeds and courtyard outside the kitchen with seating and a gas BBQ. The cottage is furnished to a high standard with original artwork throughout and modern conveniences, yet still retains its charm and old character. The spacious cottage sleeps 8 with fireplaces, an Aga, four bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and two sitting rooms, which make it extremely comfortable for one or two families or large groups. There are many historic houses and beautiful gardens to visit in the area, as well as charming country pubs. In addition, the cottage is perfectly located for visits to Glyndebourne, the coast and the historic towns of Tunbridge Wells, Brighton and Rye.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"'Really enjoyed our stay in this wonderful cottage. Thanks for everything. Great location. Would recommend this to others" The Smiths
"Thanks for making the cottage so welcoming, brilliant for friends - great table" Mel and friends
"It's a beautiful house and we had a great holiday, thank you" Lecompte family
Activity and Interests
The beaches of the South Coast are approximately 15 miles away. Eastbourne and Brighton being some of the closest.
Heathrow airport approximately 1hr 30 mins
Gatwick airport approximately 45 mins
Dover approximately 2 hrs
Newhaven approximately 30 mins
A car is essential when staying
Framfield village and pub 2 miles
Uckfield, a small town, with supermarket, shops and cinema is 3 miles
Tunbridge Wells is 15 miles
Brighton is 18 miles
The cottage is ideally situated to visit many National Trust houses and gardens, Bodiam and Leeds Castles, Rudyard Kipling's house, Batemans, Sissinghurst and Great Dixter. Ideal for visiting Glyndebourne and close to the historic towns of Brighton, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Lewes and Rye, and the seaside town of Eastbourne. There are many great walks close by, the Weald Way is adjacent and the South Downs Way and walks along the South Downs are only 30 mins away. There are many award winning pubs in the area, some within walking distance. The Blackboys Inn is one of The Times top 50 al fresco pubs and The Griffin in Fletching has been voted one of the country's top 50 gastropubs. In addition, London is easily accessible by direct train taking just 1.15 mins, from the local station five minutes away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Dec 2016 - 2 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
50% deposit is required to hold the booking with the remainder due on arrival. Cheques or direct bank transfer are required. Credit cards are not accepted.
Preferred changeover Saturdays, although flexible
Notes on prices:
Longer rentals are also available at reduced prices. Contact owner for price and availability.
Christmas period = £1250 per week
New Year period = 3 night minimum let at £1000
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- theme parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Large family bathroom with bath, wc, separate shower with power shower and sink Walk-in shower room with power shower and sink Downstairs cloakroom with wc and sink
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with king sized bed, fitted wardrobe and colour TV with DVD Second bedroom has a large double bed, fitted wardrobe and colour TV Bedroom 3 has twin antique iron beds and fitted wardrobe Bedroom 4 has twin beds All bedrooms have views
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: A travel cot and stair guard are provided. Outside: Large private garden with lawn and flower beds. Patio area and courtyard outside kitchen. Picnic table, small table and seating for 8 people. Gas BBQ. Private driveway with parking for 2 vehicles. Utility Room: Separate fridge/freezer Clothes dryer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: High quality towels and linen are included, the property is cleaned and towels etc are changed on departure of guests. A change of linen and towels is provided for longer stays. Other: The dining hall has a slate floor and large pine table with seating for 10 people.