Apartment in Lagos, Lagos, Western Algarve, Portugal - Superb Location, Close To All Amenities, Ideal For Families And Golfers. TOURIST LICENCE: 5573/AL
This spacious fully furnished, air-conditioned 2 bedroom apartment enjoys a superb central location. Within a few minutes walk of Lagos' enchanting historic old town quarter (centro historico); with its fine selection of restaurants offering the best Algarvian gastronomy and international cuisine, bars and pavement cafes, shops and stylish boutiques, traditional handicrafts shops, all contained within the old 16th Century city walls and a maze of cobbled streets and leisurely open squares. At night the old town comes to life with open-air stalls, street entertainers and artists. Lagos has plenty of white sandy beaches - the nearest, Meia Praia beach, is a 10 mins walk away. The beautiful modern marina with its bustling activity, restaurants, shops and vibrant nightlife, is located across the river and is a short leisurely stroll from the apartment across the town's picturesque pedestrian footbridge. Two world class golf courses Boavista and Palmares are within a 5 mins drive.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"I do want to thank you for the use of your lovely apartment. We had a really great holiday and the apartment was a fabulous base. It is so spacious, well organised and clean that it was a real pleasure to stay there. I will keep your details and pass them to anyone planning a trip to Lagos." - D.G., Wales
"The apartment was lovely, the location was great for us and the kids loved the pool. Your rep was great. We had a great holiday." - F.McL., Scotland
"We had a terrific time. The apartment is stunning." P.S., London
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
The apartment was spotless and all furniture and fittings looked brand new The balcony got the sun from 7am until midday and had a good view over the pool and the town A few minutes stroll to the marina and the walk along the front. The old town was full of restaurants and shops and the locals friendly and helpful. We were met by Sonia who showed where everything was in the apartment and took time to make us feel welcome. The big kitchen had all the latest fittings and everything was easy to operate and the bathroom and shower room were both immaculate with lashings of hot water and lovely fluffy towels The entrance had a coded key pad and the lift took us right to the apartment door. The pool was never busy in the mornings and the garden had seating if you did not want to lie on the sun beds We have rented holiday apartments over much of Europe for the last 25 years and this was easily the best....many thanks from Maureen and Ian, Inverness, Scotland
We had the please of staying in your apartment for 10 nights in July. Location wise it is excellent which was important to us with two young kids 6 & 3. About 15 minutes walk to the beach and 10 mins walk to the town center which was no problem for the kids.
The apartment itself was excellent with air-con(which was a blessing!) it was clean and tidy. It was also cleaned whilst we were there. If you have older kids the view from the apartment balcony is excellent, as you can keep an eye on them in the pool or play ground.
Also with Frescos(small cafe) in the apartment block its great if you don't want to cook. The supermarket is only 2 minutes walk away and again this would be important for families.
One thing that stood out for me in the apartment was the notes Joe gave us before we went. They were clear concise instructions as to how everything works, directs to supermarkets, restaurants. Also locations and numbers for hospitals & doctors (which we all hope we don't need!), but again important with small kids. That was my "bible" for the first few days!
Summary-excellent apartment in an excellent location. Would I return definitely.
Totally recommend going on a Dolphin sightseeing tour. We done the 2 hour one with the Great adventure company and it is definitely the best for young children
Activity and Interests
Lagos has an abundance of separate white sandy beaches - the long and spacious Meia Praia beach (almost 6km long) on the Marina side of town which is a 5-10 minute walk from the apartment, and the smaller but beautiful cliff surrounded cove beaches on the western side, including the Dona Ana beach, considered by many to be the most beautiful and picturesque beach in the whole Algarve.
Lagos is about a 45-50 minute drive from Faro Airport, motorway (A22) the whole way. There are many car hire companies based at Faro Airport. There are also private taxis and minibuses and an airport shuttle transfer bus. Airport pick-ups to and from the apartment can be arranged, if required. In Lagos no car is necessary as everything is within easy walking distance. If you do wish to travel further afield, Lagos bus station 3 min walk and railway station 10 min walk are close by.
Lagos' enchanting old town quarter (centro historico) with all its amenities and attractions is a mere 5 min walk away. The Meia Praia beach is about a 10 min walk. The Marina is a 5 min stroll away. The large Pingo Doce supermarket is located only a minute and a half walk from the apartment and Lidl supermarket is a further 100 metres beyond that. Portimao is approx 15 mins by train, Praia da Luz is a 10 min drive.
Lagos is a town steeped in history and for many a visitor to this town it is their favourite on the coastline. It has a charm and beauty all of its own. Indeed, it has often been described as the jewel in the Algarve crown. Its historic centre is enclosed in largely fourteenth century walls at the mouth of the Ribeira de Bensafrim. It was from here, inspired by Prince Henry the Navigator's maritime school, that many of Portugal's great explorers set off on their great Voyages of Discovery, including Gil Eanes, who was born in Lagos and whose statue today stands in the shadow of the Town walls.
Lagos became capital of the Algarve in 1577 but much of the town was destroyed in the great 1755 earthquake and Faro took over as capital in 1776. Today Lagos is a major resort but it remains a living breathing working Portuguese town and is an important services centre, fishing port and local market centre. Lagos has kept its cosmopolitan flair, responding to the challenges of modern times while respecting the heritage of the past. Lagos has some of the best beaches on the Algarve coast. To the east of the town is the long sweep of Meia Praia, while to the west – from Praia de Dona Ana to Porto do Mós – is an extraordinary network of coves, pierced by tunnels and grottoes and studded by extravagantly weathered outcrops of purple-tinted rock. Popular boat trips run along the west coast all year round, also a must is the Dolphin Seafari, while other popular side trips are inland to the Barragem de Bravura, a pretty hillside reservoir, or to Lagos Zoo. Lagos is a great place for all kind of water sports and nautical activities. The breathtaking golden rocks of the Costa d’Oiro are one of Portugal's most photographed motifs. But Lagos has much more to offer: a rich cultural scene, some of the best Algarvian gastronomy, manifold outdoors activities and traditional handicrafts.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
2 Oct 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
1 night minimum stay
30 Oct 2016 - 26 Nov 2016
1 night minimum stay
27 Nov 2016 - 24 Dec 2016
1 night minimum stay
25 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
1 night minimum stay
- Booking Notes:
20% deposit required at time of booking, remainder to be paid in full, 6 weeks prio to arrival. A security/breakages deposit of €200 euros will also be required with the final payment. This security/breakages deposit will be refunded within 2 weeks of departure from the propery on inspection and confirmation from our local property management agent that there was no damage to the property or contents. We can accept payment by cheque or bank transfer in GBP or Euros.
Flexible. In cases where one party is leaving and another party arriving on the same day, the departing party must leave by 10am and the new party can arrive after 3pm to allow time for proper cleaning and preparation of the apartment.
Notes on prices:
PRICES SHOWN ARE FOR A PARTY OF 1-2 PERSONS and are for the property per week in Euros. Prices for parties of 3-4 persons and 5 persons are higher and are available on request. We can accept payment by cheque or bank transfer in Euros or GBP (GBP at the conversion rate on date of booking).
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Private en-suite to main bedroom with wash hand basin, WC, bidet, hydrotherapy/jacuzzi bath, shower and shower screen over the bath, towel rails. Shower Room with walk-in shower cubicle, wash hand basin, W.C. and towel rail.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms and Sofa Bed) Notes on bedrooms: Main bedroom with King size bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Safety Deposit box in Bedroom 2. Both bedrooms have hairdryers, bedside tables, lamps, dressing tables and mirrors, large built-in wardrobes. There is also a sofa bed in the lounge.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The dual purpose air-conditioning system serves as a cooling system in summer and a heating system in winter. In addition, all windows are fitted with electrically operated shutters to keep apartment cool in summer and to retain the heat in winter. There is a central vacuum system for ease of cleaning. The apartment has satellite TV (including UK and Irish channels). There is also an integrated central sound system which enables you to listen to music or radio in the kitchen & bedrooms. The apartment has Internet access (Wifi).The apartment is served by lifts from both the ground floor and secure basement car park and comes with an allocated private car parking space. Our local agent will meet and greet you on arrival at the complex to hand over the keys and explain the operation of all utilities, arrangements for interim laundry etc. The apartment is suitable for all age groups and is within easy WALK of all amenities. Also ideal for golfers. Outside: Outside there are two swimming pools (one adult and the other a children’s paddling pool) and a kiddies play area. The communal garden/courtyard area is beautifully landscaped with seating, pergolas and sun terraces. Guests also have free access to the leisure centre which includes an indoor heated swimming pool, jacuzzi/hot tub, fully equipped gm, showers and WCs. There is also a restaurant/café, "Cafe Fresco", located on the ground floor of the complex which serves delicious fresh food and drinks, breakfast and lunch menus and takeaway. The apartment's balcony overlooks the garden /courtyard area, Kiddies Play Area and outside pool. The balcony has a table and four chairs. There are communal sun loungers around the pool and sun terrace area for use by all guests. Utility Room: There is no separate utility room as such but iron, ironing board, clothes airer are all provided. The kitchen also has a built-in central vacuum system. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels provided. Beach towels for trips to Pool Area and beaches are also provided.Linen and towels changed at end of each week. Price includes apartment preparation and departure clean. Additional cleaning can be arranged at extra cost. Other: The balcony (sun in mornings) has table and 4 chairs and overlooks the landscaped gardens, kids play area and outside pool. All windows fitted with electric shutters to keep rooms cool in summer and retain heat in winter. Safety deposit box in Bedroom 2.