Farmhouse near Chabanais, Charente - Surrounded By The Beautiful Charente Countryside
300 hundred year old farmhouse, restored to a high standard, all bedrooms ensuite. Private pool heated with solar panels. House and garden designed for the safety of babies and toddlers. Lots of lakes in the area with sand beaches and watersport activities (nearest beach 5 minutes drive). Fantastic walks and bike rides direct from the house. Other nearby activities in the area include golf, fishing, riding, velo rail and canoeing. FutureScope theme park 1 hour drive. Wonderful restaurants and bars to explore in the region. 5 minutes from town with large supermarket and all amenities. 30 mins from Limoges airport. The house is also available during the winter months (ie, Christmas) and has a wood burner and central heating.
Top Traveller Review
A lovely farmhouse holiday for 10 people
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your holiday and that you found the house to your satisfaction. You were lovely guest, and left the house spotless. Hope to see you next year.
Kind regards Val Godfrey & Rob Godfrey
About the Owner
I am retired and have lived in France for sometime.
I live on the borders of depts. 16 and 87 (Charente and Haute-vienne) which is very central to all areas and facilities. I have a lovely farmhouse which is available for holiday rent.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We have had fabulous nights eating out on the terrace under star-studded skies, while in the background cicadas chirped away. The house is a true oasis for relaxing. It is with heavy hearts we leave! We would love to return here one day." Sally & Geoff Simms (Sep 2012)
"What an absolute gem of a holiday home. Maison Chadenat is everything a French farmhouse should be; full of charm, character and surrounded by peace and quiet. We didn't want to leave! To be re-visited." Anna & Danny (Aug 2012)
"What a fantastic time I have had!! As a child I loved everything about the house, like the fantastic swimming pool, trampoline and gigantic back garden. This will be a memory for life." Kristian, age 11 (Aug 2012)
"What a paradise! We loved every minute here and only wanted to stay another week, or 10! Peaceful surroundings, everything on hand for the kids, perfect weather, beautiful home, lots to see and do. We definitely want to come back." Anita Lee and family (July 2012)
2 holidaymaker reviews
A lovely farmhouse holiday for 10 people
Our 7 day holiday at this farmhouse in Chabrac, Charente, France was great. The property is in a very rural area and is peaceful with cows in an adjourning field - the came to visit us to the delight of my grandchildren, in fact for all of us. The pool whilst not big but more than substantial for us. The property is big with ample room and all bedrooms have en suites that is a big asset. All facilities are good and lovely to dine out side in the lovely weather. The communications with Val was very good and her son Rob, who met us on arrival, was so helpful, nothing too much trouble for him. A very nice holiday in a lovely old farmhouse in a great location. Thank you Val and Rob.
Great family holiday residence
This a very well equipped house for all the family. Spacious with plenty of room in a beautiful location.
A quiet rural setting yet close to the main village and large supermarket.
Lots of exciting and interesting places to visit nearby and the house has plenty of leaflets and guidance of where to spend a day. The pool is perfect and plenty big enough to cool you down on the hot days.
Rob the owner is close at hand if there are any problems and nothing is too much trouble.
Only 30 mins or so from Limoges airport so not too much of a journey to the house. A car is a must as rural location.
Thoroughly recommend for a family holiday whether it's for a pure chill out or active with the kids.
From the Owner
“It's a fantastic location and I have family here.The Countryside is really beautiful, with lots of place of interest, restaurants and bars to visit. all within easy reach of my farmhouse.”
Activity and Interests
Here in the Charente there are a lot of lakes that have man-made beaches with bars and restaurants.
The house is 30 minutes from Limoges airport, 40 minutes from Angouleme airport. Driving distance from Calais is approx. 8 hours. Driving distance from Brittany ports approx. 6 hours.
The town of Chabanais is 5 kilometers from the house. St Junien is 12 kilometers. Limoges is 40 kilometers.
The house is in an area known as Charente-Limousin, which has one of the mildest climates in France. Temperatures are pleasant from early June to early October.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
16 Oct 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Terms and conditions form is included with booking form.
25% of total cost as deposit booking
75%of total cost 8 weeks before arrival
Saturday but can be flexible, depending on bookings.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Peace and quiet while being central to all amenities.”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- water parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 4 x en-suite bathrooms. Downstairs toilet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 4 large double bedrooms all en-suite. Bedroom No.2 can have 4 singles instead of a double (ideal for kids), Office with sofa bed sleeps extra 2. Cots can be provided in all bedrooms. Bedrooms 1 and 3 have a hairdryer in each room.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We cater in accommodation for babies and toddlers; stair gates, window safety locks, plug covers, cots, baby changing station, baby monitor, toys, sandpit, high chairs and more. We also have a baby sitting service (please ask for more information). If you have any queries about extra requirements for your stay here, please don't hesitate to ask. We will do our utmost to help in anyway we can to make your stay at Masion Chadenat an enjoyable holiday. Outside: Outside terrace. Patio blinds. table, chairs, sun beds, garden to lawn and flower beds. Outside patio lights. BBQ. The swimming pool is 4.5 metres (approx. 14 feet) in diameter and is heated by solar panels. The pool is surrounded by stone terraces and decking that have the best views from the house across the countryside. The larger terrace has a stone barbeque, and both the terraces and pool have ambient lighting for night time dining and wining. The pool is available from early June to early October. Utility Room: Large utility room with washing machine and toilet. Lounger chairs. Childrens toys. Outdoor toys. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included in price. extra linen and towels are left out for guest. Cleaning is done to a high standard before guests arrive If guest require maid service to change linen and clean this will be charge as an extra. please contact owner