Lodge in Soar, Malborough, Nr. Salcombe, Devon, England, UK - Peaceful Location, 15 Minutes Walk to the Beach
This is a modern lodge on a new and tasteful small development. Within the peaceful hamlet of Soar which is situated just above Soar Mill Cove where there is a beautiful sandy beach with rock pools. There are stunning coastal and country walks with easy access to many other sandy beaches and hidden coves. Salcombe and Hope Cove are within 3 miles via cliff top walks. The area has an abundance of wildlife including kestrels, gannets, sky larks and the occasional red deer. Hope Cove, Malborough and other local villages all have excellent pubs / restaurants. Salcombe (within 3 miles) is a centre for sailing, fishing, water sports and holiday shopping. From Salcombe there are foot passenger ferries across the estuary and to South Sands (2 miles from Soar). South Hams also includes the towns of Kingsbridge, Totnes, Modbury, Ivybridge and Dartmouth which are well worth a visit. Within a short stroll of Salcombe Retreat is a select 4 star hotel.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are a professional couple with adult children. We are happy to share what is essentially a family home retained for holidays and retreat with other families who will care for it as we do whilst enjoying its facilities and splendid location.
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely lodge in beautiful surroundings
A very well equipped and maintained lodge in a very peaceful location. Close to many coastal walks and great beaches. Perfect for a break away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Would recommend.
From the Owner
“We bought this second home as an escape from our business and to be close to family that live in the area. We bought it for its beautiful location and proximity to the sea. Despite the relative tranquility of the location it is within easy access of shops, pubs, and the many amenities that South Hams has to offer.”
Activity and Interests
Beautiful sandy beaches are all along the coast line. Soar Mill Cove 0.75 miles. Salcombe 4 miles. Slapton the longest beach locally 12 miles.
The South Hams has excellent travel links, with Totnes having regular inter-city services to London Paddington and the Midlands. The A38 Devon Expressway linking Plymouth and Exeter to the M5 is only a short distance away. The lodge is 30 minutes from the A38 along country lanes.
Malborough 1.5 miles. Salcombe 4 miles. Kingsbridge 5 miles. Plymouth 24 miles.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Booking by telephone or e-mail. Money to be paid in full if booking within 4 weeks of stay. If more than 4 weeks we require a 25% deposit with the full balance to be paid 4 weeks before. Payments to be made by cheque allowing 7 days to clear.
Changeover day is Saturday with some flexibility. Check out by 10am and check in after 3pm.
25% non-refundable deposit on booking with balance and security deposit to have cleared our account 4 weeks before your holiday
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Double shower room with toilet. Bathroom with toilet.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with 5 foot double bed, 2 bedside tables. Bedroom 2 with twin beds, single bedside table. Bedroom 3 with single bed, single bedside table. Mirror fronted spacious fitted wardrobes in each room.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: A travel cot is available for use. There is a large children's play area on the site suitable for independent children and a separate fenced dog exercise area. Please note: Dogs must be kept on a lead on the site outside of this area. no smoking. Outside: The property has patio furniture and a barbeque available. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is cleaned on a weekly basis. Linen may be included at an additional cost. Towels are not included.