Cottage near Clovelly, Bideford, Devon, England, UK - Farm Animals, Play Area, Game Room And Fitness Room
Originally part of the farmhouse, Millstones is ideally suited to family get-togethers, or several families holidaying together. The enormous kitchen Millstones kitchen is ideal for catering for a large group. Hayloft and Stables provide surprisingly spacious accommodation for families of various sizes. We are situated within half a mile of the dramatic coastal footpath above Peppercombe's National Trust shingle beach and within five miles of the glorious sandy beach at Westward Ho! We have a children's play area and an indoor heated pool with spa, gym and games room. We are open all year, with short breaks available out of season.
Details for holiday cottage Millstones (Sleeps 13. 6 Bedrooms), 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13, 3 Bathrooms
Bedroom 1 with double bed and en-suite
Bedroom 2 with 4 poster bed and en-suite.
Bedroom 3 with double and single bed.
Bedrooms 4, 5 and 6 with twin beds.
Main bathroom has a bath and power shower plus WC.
En-suite to bed 1 and 2 with bath / shower over, WC and wash basin.
Well-equipped farmhouse kitchen with oil-fired Rayburn, electric range cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier.
The beamed sitting room has a log fire, colour TV, Freeview Digital receiver, DVD, VCR and portable stereo. Open log fire.
Snooker room with 3/4 size table.
Thoroughly cleaned before you arrive. We provide all linen (except cot linen) and a bath and a hand towel per person.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely cottage in a beautiful location
About the Owner
We (Bob & Pauline) are the proud owners of Northway. We love to welcome people for the first time or back for one of their many return visits.
The most important thing to us is that people enjoy their stay here and we do everything we can to make that happen. Happily, judging by the feedback and number of return bookings we succeed in doing so. We look forward to meeting you.
Guestbook comments from the owner
You have achieved the WOW factor here, we instantly felt relaxed and at home. Northway has excellent facilities and a lovely location. The animals give that special touch and are a real winner with the children.
I have never experienced such a truly relaxing oasis of a place. Everyone should have a holiday here – the world would be a better place.
I'm supposed to be working but I keep staring at the web camera shots instead as it reminds me of our lovely holiday in Granary last month! My son keeps telling all his friends about his holiday house where he gave a horsey a carrot (which isn't actually true - he was too scared so he made his 1 year old sister feed the animals while he watched from the comfort of his daddy's arms!).
1 holidaymaker review
Lovely cottage in a beautiful location
My family and I stayed at this cottage over the Easter break. It is a lovely cottage in a beautiful setting. Bob and Pauline are super friendly and helpful. There is plenty to keep the children entertained, a pool, a games room and lots of farm animals. Would definitely recommend.
From the Owner
“We came to Northway in 2004 having fallen in love with the place. As soon as you arrive and see the spectacular views you know you are somewhere special. The local beaches offer vast expanses of sand and rockpools, waterfalls and spectacular views. Dartmoor and Exmoor are short drives away. There is a range of family friendly attractions within easy access. We never experience overcrowded roads or beaches.”
Activity and Interests
We enjoy fine views of the North Devon Coastline from our elevated position between Bideford and Clovelly. Our superb situation means that our guests can easily explore the locality on foot, bicycle or by car. Set in five acres overlooking Bideford Bay we are ideally situated for visiting the beaches of North Devon and North Cornwall. Walk from our cottages to Peppercombe beach (20 minutes walk), cycle the Tarka Trail, or visit the picture postcard village of Clovelly.
Nearest airports are Exeter, Newquay and Bristol. A hire car is recommended. Nearest railway station is Barnstaple.
Distance to Bideford (5 miles), Barnstaple (15 miles).
The village of Horns Cross is only a quarter a mile away, and there are two pubs within walking distance. Supermarkets, banks etc are all to be found in Bideford which is a 10 minute drive away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
If you wish to make a booking you may do it in one of the following two ways: Cheque - (E-mail/phone us first to check availability). Fill in the details on the Booking Form page of our website then print off our booking form and post together with your deposit/payment cheque to the address given on the form. Credit/Debit Card/BACs - telephone (01237 451899), pay using credit/debit card or BACs.
Changeover day is Friday for Millstones and Hayloft, Saturday for Stables.
Notes on prices:
Prices per week in UK pounds and guide price only. There is full price info on our website.
Discounts are available for small parties and full weeks in winter.
Please Refer to our website for full week by week prices.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our superb situation means that our guests can easily explore the locality on foot, bicycle or by car, with the nearest pub in Horns Cross, being only a quarter of a mile away. A walk of less than half a mile leads to the spectacular North Devon Coastal Path... and a further half a mile leads you to the pebble, shingle and sand beach at Peppercombe. A particularly beautiful walk in the spring when the flowers are at their best. (The area is protected as an area of scientific interest because of its abundance of wild flowers.) There is a range of safe sandy beaches a short car ride away. The night sky is a riot of stars due to the lack of light pollution, and the days are a peaceful haven from the rigours of everyday life.”
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- pets not allowed ...
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- theme parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: For Millstones, oil for rayburn, electricity for night storage heaters and first basket of logs included in the price. All other electricity by meter reading. For Stables, electricity for night storage heaters and first basket of logs included in the price. All other electricity by meter reading. For Hayloft, all electricity and first basket of logs included in the price. Everything we see and hear tells us that children love it here. We have an extensive well used library of board games, videos and books for all ages. In the games room there is an area designated to toddlers with a selection of toys and for the older ones, table tennis, table football and pool. We have a dog, a cat, 2 ponies, 3 goats, rabbits and hens. Bob feeds them in the morning and anyone who wants to can join in. Outside: Children's Playground. Swings, slides and climbing frame. We also have a safe surfaced outdoor play area with swings, slide and climbing frame. However the real winners are the fantastic pool (not attended, all children must be accompanied) and the animals. We have some excellent amenities here at Northway. The indoor swimming pool, 30 foot by 15 foot is a great hit with everyone. It is warm and light with wonderful views over Bideford Bay. There are spacious changing facilities, toilets and showers and hot tub spa which seats up to four people. A wonderful way to relax after those country/coastal walks. The pool and spa are open daily from 9 until 7.30. There is a fitness room containing a running machine, exercise bike and rowing machine. This is open 24 hours, every day to anyone over 16 years.